Swimming lessons

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

DS1 has been doing the two weeks of swimming lessons with school, I went along and watched and was really disappointed with how they are teaching him, I spoke to the woman in charge and got bugger all response so I think I will have to take things into my own hands and get him into some proper lessons (I am not being "that mother", it wasn't that I think he is better than those in his class, it was that he was given no attention and no instruction what so ever, the teacher had no control over her class and he spent the lesson blowing bubbles and splashing his friends, a friend came along and watched and agreed with what I was seeing and how slack it was). I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a swim school in the Rockingham area? I would be willing to travel down to Mandurah, I may be willing to give Aqua Jetty a go but wanted to know if anyone had another other suggestions.

#2 PurpleNess

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I don't know if they cater to ages over 5 but contact Oceanic Waterbabies in Success and they may be able to point you in the direction of somewhere that shares their philosophy. We've been swimming with them since DS was 3 months old & they are brilliant.

#3 bigA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

hi there, have you thought about state swim? are you near secret harbour? there is one there but check out their website. i have only last tue started all my 3 into state swim in whitfords. my son is 6 and my girls are 4! same as yourself:O) it is a max of 4 per class and at the moment they are all in the same class ( which they opened up especially for them). my son i am guessing will move to a higher class sooner than the girls as he has had swimming lessons previously. if you book in 3 children the 3rd is half price.. might be worth a look. good luck!

#4 keke

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

My son goes to State Swim in Secret Harbour and I've been very happy with it. There have been weeks though that another child in his class has played up and the teacher has had to spend most of the lesson on behaviour management but it hasn't been a regular occurrence for us.  The teachers there are great.

#5 cstar

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yep, the swimming lessons my kids do thru school suck, it's a big playtime. I take them to swimming lesssons on another day which is excellent, in Melbourne though .

#6 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thanks, would anyone mind sending me a PM telling me the cost of State Swim in Secret Harbour costs them please? I think it is going to be between these guys and Aqua Jetty.

#7 Ange

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Don't know if its too far but my nephew goes here and they can't rave about it enough original.gif
http://www.kirbyswim.com.au/

#8 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

yeah DS1 used to do swimming lessons with Kirby and it was really good, but it is just too far for us, it would end up costing us quite a lot in fuel unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.