148 replies to this topic

#1 Therese

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

New thread time original.gif

Your last thread is Here

#2 FionaM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

GOLD !!

kee - great news about your DH, i am so happy for him and you.
and also great news about your parents going with you.

my mum isnt the best with flying (she does go from nsw to qld a few times a year now so that is an improvement). when she was younger she lived in New Zealdand for 10 years.  i would really love to take her back there and visit her friends.  her closet friend there has said that she wouldnt fly over to sydney again, so i keep telling mum she has to go and visit her. DD may get an opportunity to go to new zealand (im keeping everything crossed) in january 2014 so we have mentioned to mum that if we did go she would just HAVE to come with us.
i am suprised as she is really excited.
DH thought it was ok as well.
if we dont get the opportunity to go in that january, maybe i will just have to organise a trip for her and we tag along.
i think she was happier if she had some company on the plane ride.
sorry i now that was a ramble and off the subject of the USA

jo - we stayed at the aston kaanapali shores in september this year and loved it.  anything you need to know about the tours etc i will be happy to answer and shed the information we found.

Edited by FionaM, 15 November 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#3 *Lena*

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Silver!!!

So happy for you and DH kee

#4 ~Kee~In~Hawaii~

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thanks girls. Unfortunately today has gone from great to awful. My awesome, amazing Dad had a heart attack at work and passed away earlier today. I keep thinking it's not real because he's meant to be coming on the cruise with us. I tragically came to my parents house today to bring them their cruise confirmation paperwork which was emailed to me this morning. I walked in to the police and Dad's boss breaking the news to Mum.

I don't even know what to do about the cruise now, I can't think straight.

#5 melb101

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Kee that is horrible. I am so sorry to hear such horrible news. Thinking of you at this sad time xx

#6 Peanut

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Oh Kee, I'm so very sorry.  Thinking of you and your Mum and family.

#7 *Lena*

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am so very sorry to hear that Kee. You and your family are in my thoughts!

#8 kristin5

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Kee, that is tragic, horrible news. I was catching up on the US travel threads earlier today, and read how excited you were that your parents had decided to travel with you on your cruise. What a truly devastating turn of events. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

#9 Feelwild

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

OH Kee!!! I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.  You are in my thoughts during this hard time.

Karen

#10 Jo_P

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

OMG Kee I have no words I'm in tears for you, your Mum & Dad sound so fantastic and amazing from everything that you've said about them. I'm so so sorry sad.gif

#11 teejay

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

So sorry to hear about your Dad Kee.

#12 Lees75

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Oh, Kee:( So sorry to hear about your dad.

Oh, Kee:( So sorry to hear about your dad.

#13 Mellie Kate

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Oh kee im so sorry for the loss of your dad,may he rest in peace

#14 traceybrown

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Kee oh hon, I am so sorry.  I have loved reading and living thru your passions for travel and how you have loved to share with your family and us here.  Your Dad sounded like he was game for a go and to try anything you put him up to.  It will be hard in the short term but you will get through it, I know my dad passed away six years ago this Xmas, but you will get up each morning and make it through the day.  You are a strong woman who I am sure he was very proud of and we will be here for you.  This thread is full of amazing chicks, you are gold girl!  Sending you all you need.

#15 rob6712col

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Kee I am so sorry for your loss.....

#16 snugglybug

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Omg Kee! How awful and shocking. I had to read your post twice I couldn't quite believe it. My thoughts are with you and your poor mum. So very sorry for your loss. sad.gif

#17 jai*

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Kee - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, my sincere condolences to you and all those who loved him.

I read the posts you wrote the other day about the holidays you and your DH had with your parents recently in Hawaii, what wonderful memories to treasure.

#18 hunter4

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

so sorry to hear your tragic news Kee -  condolences to you and your family.

#19 Carnival kid

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Ohh Kee - how terrible and heartbreaking for you and all your family. Thoughts and prayers are with you at this hard time.

#20 Therese

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I am so sorry Kee for the loss of your wonderful dad. You are in my thoughts.

#21 oops twins

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

So sorry Kee to hear the news of your Dad.  Thinking of you and your family.

#22 blackcat20

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Kee, I'm really sorry about your dad...

#23 Fabulous

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm thinking of you Kee at this sad time.  sad.gif

#24 baf65

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Kee so sorry to read your awful news....sad.gif

#25 Just us

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thinking of you and your family Kee xo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.