I love Christmas Carols!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Three Of Hearts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I just adore Christmas carols hheart.gif  xmas_cool.gif

Not the screechy renditions of Rudolph the red nose reindeer.  The classic carols.  Like the crooners, and traditional songs sung by a choir.

They just make me want to waltz around whilst snow gently falls from the sky! biggrin.gif (Not going to happen living in Australia!).

Am I the only one that gets the warm fuzzies when a carol comes on?!?!

#2 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I love them too. A well sung version of "o holy night" Makes me want to cry I love it so much. It's not Christmas until I hear it.

#3 skylark

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

I like pretty much all christmas songs, including all the super cheesy ones, and the sort of annoying ones that you hear in shopping centres and stuff. I try not to start playing them until 1 December, for my husband's sake.

#4 Jenferal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

little Drummer Boy is my fav.

Off topic but I LOVE bagpipes and it seems my 2yr doesn't sad.gif mad me sad last night when she wanted to leave the school faire and I wanted to hear the bagpipes lol. She better like carols!!!

#5 whoisme

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

I started playing Christmas Carols at the beginning of November  ph34r.gif

I love Christmas so much and have some great CD's with crooners and choirs.

I would love it to snow though......just one White Christmas in Australia.

#6 MrsRadiant

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

I also love xmas carols!! Last year i bought Michael Bubles Xmas CD, love it, looking forward to playing it soon!!

#7 Escapin

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

My family have christmas carols on christmas eve, and have done every year since I was 11. I'm now 37!! I play the piano (when I'm available/in the right state) and a bunch of family friends come over. We have fish and chips and champagne, then carols. I live in Sydney now and Mum and Dad are in Perth, but we're going back this year, so I'll be back at the piano again! Quite looking forward to it actually.

And then there was the time that we (the choir I sang with at the time) did 35 carolling gigs leading up to Christmas. We figured out we'd probably sung the tune to away in a manger about 300 times by the Christmas that year. Can't say I'm overly fond of that tune now!

My favourite carols are O Holy Night and Silent Night. And is it too early to get the christmas tree out now? I'm itching by DH thinks it's ridiculous...

#8 Shanski

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 17/11/2012, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not the only one. I love Christmas Carols - its the only thing I truly love about all the christmas stuff these days. I have been caught singing out loud in shops and supermarkets a lot.

I have been playing mine for about a week and I just bought a new CD yesterday from Big W called "A Very Special Christmas". It has Stevie Nicks singing "Silent Night" and it is truly beuatiful. Also The Pointer Sisters singing " Santa Claus is coming to town" sounds great and there is a version of Madonna singing "Santa Baby" that sounds so different to her normal singing voice I had to read the CD twice to make sure it was her.

I'm off now to make my Christmas 2012 mixed CD - I really wish they would make larger data CD's so I can fit more songs on, its always hard narrowing the field down to 20 songs.

#9 Broxie

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Shanksi- I do it with iTunes and can have as many songs in a playlist as I want  xmas_cool.gif

#10 Three Of Hearts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I have to hold back tears when I hear Joy to the world.  Back when we were growing up my Grandpa used to embarrass us so much at church!  He would sing the line 'and heaven and nature sing' so loudly and with so much gusto that my sister and I would try and hide!

Now being a grown up and my grandpa not being with us anymore I would do anything to have him back and sing proudly next to him cry1.gif

So every time I hear that song I hold back the tears, smile to myself and think of my Grandpa wub.gif

#11 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I used to until I worked in a department store one Christmas and heard them non-stop for days and days and days.......... still a sucker for "Mary's Boy Child" though.

#12 baddmammajamma

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Milly Molly Mandy @ 17/11/2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love them too. A well sung version of "o holy night" Makes me want to cry I love it so much.

Ditto. O Holy Night is one of my all time favorite songs of any genre.

I love Christmas carols, even though we do the world's most mellow Christmas. I prefer some of the funkier versions of standard classics, though I appreciate the classics, too.

#13 1miss2littlemen

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

I realy cant wait till carols by candle light!! biggrin.gif Cant wait and even though they were completely comertial and cruddy in the city last year I will be going again..... I just LOVE it!! I would love to go down to sydney for carols in the Domain one year!!  Looks like the TV will have to do for another 12 months LOL

#14 ~mimo~

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I love Carol of the bells - traditional version

#15 Ianthe

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Me too. At the start of December we start singing carols at church. I love it.

#16 seaside_feral

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I love them too. It drives DH spare.

My absolute favourite would have to be "O Holy Night", it's just beautiful.

#17 LittleListen

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I love the traditional carols and my favourite task each year is planning the local carols service. I love Oh Holy Night, The Carol of the Bells, and Handel's Messiah.

#18 BadCat

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm a sucker for a carol.  I play them all through December.  

DH thinks it's funny that I love carols when I'm a confirmed atheist.  laughing2.gif

#19 FlutterbyBlue

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Milly Molly Mandy @ 17/11/2012, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love them too. A well sung version of "o holy night" Makes me want to cry I love it so much. It's not Christmas until I hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ-8jYpa1-o

Try this version, I love it, and listen to it throughout the year just because it's so beautiful.

Oh God, I hope that link works, it's my first time putting a link up. biggrin.gif

#20 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

I adore Christmas carols. Favourite by far is O Holy Night by Bing Crosby.

#21 Frannie

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 17/11/2012, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not the screechy renditions of Rudolph the red nose reindeer.  The classic carols.  Like the crooners, and traditional songs sung by a choir.

They just make me want to waltz around whilst snow gently falls from the sky! biggrin.gif (Not going to happen living in Australia!).

I agree 100%! How can you not get in the Christmas mood with Bing Crosby crooning White Christmas on the stereo. I also like to pretend we're having a white, white Christmas, and I'm all a-tinsely-glow on the inside. Love the classic Christmas tunes  original.gif

#22 Therese

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

I love Christmas carols as well. Even the really cheesy ones that are played in the shops.

#23 Three Of Hearts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Old Grey Mare @ 17/11/2012, 07:07 PM)
15087243[/url]']
I used to until I worked in a department store one Christmas and heard them non-stop for days and days and days.......... still a sucker for "Mary's Boy Child" though.

See I miss working in a department store because I could listen to them all day and no one would think it strange roll2.gif

#24 Three Of Hearts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Frannie @ 18/11/2012, 08:09 PM)
15089677[/url]']
I agree 100%! How can you not get in the Christmas mood with Bing Crosby crooning White Christmas on the stereo. I also like to pretend we're having a white, white Christmas, and I'm all a-tinsely-glow on the inside. Love the classic Christmas tunes  original.gif

tthumbs.gif  Bing Crosby wub.gif  xmas_cool.gif

#25 Frannie

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I was born in the wrong era, I adore Bing, Gene, Fred and Frank. I sometimes wish I was able to waltz around the kitchen in my pumps, pencil skirt, twin-set and pearls whilst listening to the above 4 croon their way through the Christmas classics, whilst cooking highly scented Christmassy baked goods and swigging endless glasses of sherry. Sad, I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.