Nespresso Latissima Plus
Harvey Norman special

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ~She~

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

In the current catalog for $474 but I just jumped online and it's $402 online until 25th November, was getting one for Christmas anyway but we'll be buying it sooner now biggrin.gif

#2 ~She~

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

ETA - actually the price may not run until 25th November, that's the Aussie Farmers credit promotion that expires then. I think this price might be for the Super Saturday sale, as it is listed as $474 on the site, and when you click and open the link to it, the price shows as $402. Certainly the cheapest I have seen it anywhere!

#3 Becca1605

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Ahhh bummer...so this was yesterday only? Of course the 1 day I don't go on the computer! I've been looking around at these for a while now - choosing between the latissima or citiz...

#4 ~She~

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yep - checked today and they are back to $474 sad.gif I didn't put my order through as DH told me to as I had other xmas laybys due this week but now I am kicking myself!

I spent a lot of time figuring out which one to get also, in the end I decided on Latissima as it is fully automatic, and when we have a demonstration done in store we have seen the sales people overspill the milk in the citiz and make a mess 3 times now. I'm not sure how as they have never explained it well but I can see myself doing the same thing laugh.gif

#5 Becca1605

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Oh bugger you didn't get it either...my parents have a citiz and I've used it a few times and it seems good. But yep the automatic one seems great too.They had the citiz for $356 online earlier this week so I had decided to get that - but then went up really quick too so I missed out so now I'm unsure again.  Got to get it before the sale ends though and it's back to $519.

#6 Bimbogirl

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

As of tomorrow, there is a $100 cash back on nespresso Latissima plus - http://www.nespresso.com/promo_winter_2012...Winter_homepage

#7 ~She~

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ah thank you I had no idea about that offer, perfect! biggrin.gif

So after cashback it should cost me $374, plus HN are giving a $50 eftpos cash card with it too, I'm definitely buying mine this week now.

Becca, that seems like a lot to pay ($519) for a Citiz. They too are in the HN catalog for $416, with the cash back offer mentioned, that's only $356! And the $50 cash card comes with that also.

Although, if they are anything like my Harvey's they will have no knowledge of how the offer works and who is supposed to be giving the customers this $50  rolleyes.gif

Edited by ~She~, 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#8 MarthaJones

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Appliancesonline have the citiz for $312 at the moment and free shipping.

#9 The Old Feral

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

It's a beautiful thing. I've had mine a year and it has made several coffees a day without missing a beat.

My tip.... if you just press the latte button the machine
spits out a huge amount of milk froth then pops a coffee shot in. Far too milky and frothy for me.

I do it the way they make the demo coffees at the nespresso shop... run a long black, then press the latte button to add desired amount of milk, press it again to stop before it tries to add more coffee. You get the lovely caramel coloured froth that way.

#10 *melrose*

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for that!

#11 Becca1605

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (~She~ @ 18/11/2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah thank you I had no idea about that offer, perfect! biggrin.gif

So after cashback it should cost me $374, plus HN are giving a $50 eftpos cash card with it too, I'm definitely buying mine this week now.

Becca, that seems like a lot to pay ($519) for a Citiz. They too are in the HN catalog for $416, with the cash back offer mentioned, that's only $356! And the $50 cash card comes with that also.

Although, if they are anything like my Harvey's they will have no knowledge of how the offer works and who is supposed to be giving the customers this $50  rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah that was a typo - it was supposed to be $416. Yeah I saw the cash back offers today - $100 for latissimo and $60 for the other machines. What is the $50 cash card though Haven't heard of that one.

Ahh do you mean the Aussie Farmers Direct credit?

Edited by Becca1605, 19 November 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#12 busymum01

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

It's a beautiful thing. I've had mine a year and it has made several coffees a day without missing a beat.

Love, love my Lattissima plus machine. I just make my coffee a long black and then top up with milk from the fridge - still super creamy on top. (official coffee talk right there) I ummed and ahhed over this indulgent purchase for well over a year and haven't regretted the purchase ever.

BIG bonus is the milk container can go in and out of the fridge as required - unlike a milk frother attachment which requires cleaning after each use.

#13 Amanda_JB

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

My inlaws are the fussiest people on this earth and checked them all out and decided on the Latissima. I dont drink coffee but seems like a nice machine.

#14 ~She~

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (The Old Bag @ 18/11/2012, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My tip.... if you just press the latte button the machine
spits out a huge amount of milk froth then pops a coffee shot in. Far too milky and frothy for me.

I do it the way they make the demo coffees at the nespresso shop... run a long black, then press the latte button to add desired amount of milk, press it again to stop before it tries to add more coffee. You get the lovely caramel coloured froth that way.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this as I am not a huge fan of milky drinks - I've even considered giving up coffee before lol.

QUOTE (Becca1605 @ 19/11/2012, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah that was a typo - it was supposed to be $416. Yeah I saw the cash back offers today - $100 for latissimo and $60 for the other machines. What is the $50 cash card though Haven't heard of that one.

Ahh do you mean the Aussie Farmers Direct credit?

Nope, the Aussie Farmers Direct credit is when you buy online, the $50 eftpos card is the theme of the latest catalogue, which ends tomorrow anyway. I still haven't purchased one, hoping for a great special before Christmas, let me know how you go original.gif

#15 Becca1605

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

We ended up going in yesterday and got the U. The Nespresso guy we spoke to (and who made hubby and I a coffee each) was great. He gave great info and advice. I said I was a bit torn between the U or the latissimo. He asked how many would be having coffee etc, and basically recommended the U for the 2 of us. I think it was well worth it (it was only $249, plus I got the $30 Aussie Farmers direct voucher, and the $60 cashback).  he explained cleaning etc of both the U and the latissimo. So at the end of the day I'm happy with my purchase!
I'm not sure what the $50 efptos card is though - didn't get that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.