Ads you can't stand

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 chookpea

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Haven't seen this asked in a while.  
I usually fast forward all the ads so miss most of them, but sometimes manage to catch a few.  Current one I can't stand are any of the Rivers ad - awful clothes, terrible music.  Well, actually some of the basic t's look ok, but the ad just puts me off.
What's yours?

#2 morgansacre

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I hate the one where the guy is throwing up in the toilet, and the little girl is asking her daddy if he is alright....he has been drinking I think...

I just mute the ad till its over.

Lynn

#3 Old Grey Mare

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

The Cruskit ad with the irritating woman who was on Junior Masterchef. For some reason she just makes me stabby. I think she is just so false.........and I like Cruskits too.

#4 SophieBear

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

The Veet ad. It's so obvious the Aussie accent has been dubbed to the original ad and don't match the girls. It's embarrassing to watch.

#5 casime

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

The Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh liance Insurance ad.  

Aaaahum Health Insurance.

Caaaaaassssshhhh Trrrrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn.

Pretty much any of the funeral/life insurance ads that seem to run constantly these days.

Hmmm I obviously have a thing against insurance companies.  

And Haaaaloooo I'm Frank Walker from National Tiles on the radio.  He definitely shouldn't be doing his own ads.  

Oh, and the carpet ad where she's dancing around.  For some reason that really annoys me.

#6 wish*upon*a*star

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

The NAB Honest Credit card ones

#7 Frau Farbissina

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

All of the above

I'll add the Karicare one with babies laughing - I love baby laughs but these sounds really weird.   DH reckons they are adults doing baby laughs. I think they have altered real baby laughs to make them sound "cuter" . Either we we both can't stand the ad!

#8 squeekums

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

I cant pick, they all annoy me!

#9 TenOfSwords

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

The youi ads, they are just annoying.

#10 Angelina Ballerina

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

The pork ads. I think they are crude.

#11 Guest_Dinah_Harris_*

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

The light bladder leakage pad ad, where the lady in the supermarket is announcing she needs LBL pads.  They are so cringe-worthy.

#12 Chelli

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Harvey Norman ads. For some reason, it sounds a lot louder than the normal ads and it always sounds like they are yelling and it completely puts me off their brand.

I also detest informercial/fake interview/funeral insurance type ads. They are just condescending.

#13 Angelina Ballerina

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I hate those yelling adds too. They used to have them for rug sales.

#14 hayzee fantayzee

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

The Rivers ads irritate me too, crappy clothes, crappy music and that bloke's dull monotonous voice talking.

The other one is that My Debt Company.com or whatever its called. The one with the couple arguing over bills in the kitchen and another with a family eating dinner at the table and they turn in horror when the phone rings. The acting is atrocious.

ETA... And any Coles ad. Also the ads with Dawn Fraser bigging up those circulation thingos. She can't act either.

Edited by Havaianas, 18 November 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#15 Guest_AllegraM_*

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Frau Farbissina @ 18/11/2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of the above

I'll add the Karicare one with babies laughing - I love baby laughs but these sounds really weird.   DH reckons they are adults doing baby laughs. I think they have altered real baby laughs to make them sound "cuter" . Either we we both can't stand the ad!

I think they sound really creepy! Not cute at all to my ears.

Of course, any of the K-Mart ads where women are getting their jollies from the most uninteresting things.

#16 chookpea

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Havaianas @ 18/11/2012, 10:08 AM)
15088484[/url]']

The other one is that My Debt Company.com or whatever its called. The one with the couple arguing over bills in the kitchen and another with a family eating dinner at the table and they turn in horror when the phone rings. The acting is atrocious.

is that the one with the couple talking one the couch?  It's one of those debt company ads, the woman looks like she is about to burst out laughing.  Totally unconvincing!

#17 Lady Garden

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (SophieBeagle @ 18/11/2012, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Veet ad. It's so obvious the Aussie accent has been dubbed to the original ad and don't match the girls. It's embarrassing to watch.

Any Asia-Pacific regional ad with Eurasian actors and a locally-dubbed voiceover.

Also National Tiles and any erection dysfunction ads on the radio. I honestly don't understand why radio stations allow (universally acknowledged) annoying ads to be  on their station - I instantly change stations and it can be a couple of days to a couple of weeks before I think to switch back again.

#18 BadCat

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

All those wretched ads that tell us we are going to die.  Heart attack, stroke, cancer etc.  They creep me out.

She bought a Jeep?   rolleyes.gif

The AAMI Rhonda ads give me the irrits.

The one where the bras are having a chat about boob jobs.

#19 michie0moo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think it is insurance line. Has a Dad and baby and the baby bed has a cot bumper. Every time I see it I think "SIDS risk SIDS risk!!"
Also agree with many of the others here.

#20 UncommonSense

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I think its Diflucan one?

I'm going to treat myself for thrush right now on national television..  Only thing that could make it worse is a cross promotion with vagisil wash..

#21 Jamelex

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

The one for budget car insurance where the chick says "boojhay" and the guy says "budget , love".  I can't stand it and have to mute it if the remote is within reach. I am a renowned cheapskate and even though they gave us the cheapest insurance quote recently, I made DH go with a different provider ph34r.gif

#22 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

The toilet paper ad where the dog was smelling peoples bums.  It made me feel ill.

Edited by SlinkyMalinki, 18 November 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#23 Shirley Sue

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

The tyre advertisement (maybe tyre power pro?). With the two babies babbling to each other. In the background mum is playing with a toddler. At the end of the ad she leaves with the baby only.

#24 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

That coconut detox ad! Any lynx ad, Rhnda and Katut, the Kmart ad.

#25 us plus two

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

The ad for those new mints (eclipse I think) where the guy and girl are sitting in bed and she's saying how fresh he looks, chewing as she's talking, I can't stand it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.