Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 HopefulAngel

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

oh Big congrats Sun shinney!  Yeh!  So awesome to see you in here. eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif  hhugs.gif  hheart.gif  hhugs.gif

Chilli been thinking of you how, you going?  hheart.gif  hhugs.gif

Thyacine grt news about your scan.  Big relieve hay!  Glad to hear your doing well too.

Ladies I need some advise.  My family life of late isn't the best.  My relationship with my mum and sister are very rocky atm to say the least that and my DF and I aren't welcome to any of the extended family do's anymore (not sure why) so I don't know how to tell the family we are expecting - if I tell them at all!  I have thought of posting private pm to all my Aunty's/ cousins etc on facebook but can just imagine the ramifications of that!  Then posting a message to everyone on fb after my family know as such.  DF's family are dying to tell everyone as they are over the moon for us it's just my *&%^%@ up family that isn't over the moon and causing the set back.  I feel because of the way everyone on my side of the family has treated us just posting on fb and saying up yours! deal with it.  But I care too much about what other people think - if only they did the same about me.  Not sure what to do!  I all I can hear in the back of my head is my sister saying "If it's meant to be it will be!" and my mum saying "oh! ..... well early days still could go either way yet, I miscarried at 20 weeks!"  Nice response when your hoping to hear totally the opposite hay! especially if you knew the history with my sister and I and how I was there for her every step of the way for her pregnancy due to an abusive alcoholic x!  sad.gif  sad.gif  

So much for my happy experience! Any suggestions?????

#3 Cacti

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

HopefulAngel, could you ring your aunty and cousins? A phone call might go down better. If not, just do facebook and let your DF's family as they want to.

#4 ChilliDog

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi everyone ... just back for a quick update. We got confirmation of a MMC yesterday and I've started cramping and bleeding so we definitely have a little Angel now.

I'll keep stalking you all and hope to be able to join you all again really soon.

Edited by ChilliDog, 20 November 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#5 seaside_shells

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Chillidog So sorry about your news, take care of yourself lovely & thinking of you.  Hope to see you back here very soon & I'm sure your little angel is watching over you.

Hopeful angel Sorry you are having such a difficult time with your family, I would call (rather than FB message) those that you do want to share the news with, and if anyone makes any snide remarks just ignore them, easier said than done I know.  Why does family have to be so complicated? Hope that you are able to work out the best way.

waves.gif to everyone else & hope you're all well.

#6 AnnaBee87

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am very sorry ChilliDog and I hope you rejoin us soon! For now please take care of yourself and make sure DH is taken care of too xxx

Baby shower was AWESOME!!! Feel so spoilt and loved original.gif

#7 HopefulAngel

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Chilli - just wanted to pop on and say my heart goes out to you and DH.  Sorry to hear your news. Big hugs sweetie, take care.  Hope to see you back here soon. hheart.gif  hheart.gif  hhugs.gif  hhugs.gif

To the other Ladies thanks for the response still dwelling on what to do!  Might just flip a coin - lol. hhugs.gif

#8 Meg88

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Chilli: So sorry to hear your news. I couldn't imagine! Be kind to yourself, big hugs honey

#9 babyinabackpack

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Chilli - I am sooo saddened for your news hun. I really am.. Sending you big big hugs!

Hopeful- I would also probably call rather than FB, atleast you can always hang up if they start getting nasty? And I'm also a big believer in being the bigger person, just because they might treat you like sh*t, doesn't mean you have to do the same to them. IFYWIM?

Sunshiney - Welcome and big hugs again!!

Thylacine - great news!! I bet you are feeling relieved!

Meg - How are you doing? 36 weeks?? eek??

Sorry I am so transient in posting and not posting ladies.. I'm just so exhausted most of the time still..  I do read from my phone in bed at night (at the grandma time of 9pm) but just don't have the energy to respond much.. I do follow you all though!!

Things with me are good. It's the beginning of the 3rd trimester for me this week which is just ridiculous!! I feel like time has sped up again.. Bubs is good, i'm okay. My body is not coping very well with being pregnant but trying to take it one day at a time.

Hope you are all good!!
Who is next to pop?

#10 Meg88

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Annabee: glad you enjoyed your baby shower. Opening all the cute bubba gifts really is lovely.

AFM: my baby shower went really well too. We requested books as gifts because being I was working for a baby store meant we had pretty much everything else covered. My DH and I opened the gifts at home after the shower which my pugs thought was great - they were hilarious chasing the wrapping paper round original.gif
I've been finished work for just over a week now and have so far kept very busy. I've done some sewing (baby chuck rags), been cooking meals for the freezer (to eat once bubs arrives), took my grandma to do her Xmas shopping (5hrs worth!), had a manicure & pedicure (bliss!), finished & wrapped my Xmas shopping, tomorrow I've got a date to visit the swimming pool with my sister & niece, and Friday I've got a massage booked in original.gif Add all that to reg cleaning & washing and it makes for a busy week. Next week though is looking pretty empty!

I'm still amazed at what the female body can do, I really do feel so privileged to be carrying & growing my son. And I can't wait to meet him & see who he looks like, how big he is, etc. I keep thinking it could be anytime now (eeeek exciting!) but then on the flip side if he decides to come late it could still be up to 5weeks away. Midwife said at last appt she couldn't see me going over though, so I'm hopeing she's right FX

stay well everyone, belly rubs all round

#11 Thylacine

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hi everyone,

CHillidog - I'm so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself. Big hugs to you and I hope to see you back here soon.

Hopeful Angel - Sorry that your family can't be happy for you, that's tough. I would probably call them if I were in your situation. Whatever you choose to do, I hope they surprise you by being more supportive than you expect

Annabee and Meg - Glad to hear the baby showers went well  original.gif

BIABP - Sorry that your body is struggling a bit. Building a baby is a big job so make sure you rest up when you need to and take care of yourself throughout this last trimester.

AFM - well I'm booked in to have the baby at the Women's hospital in Melbourne, I got a letter from them confirming I had been accepted and sent off some forms and they said they'd be  in touch. I was 14 wks on Monday and still hadn't heard from them regarding my first appointment, so I gave them a call. The lady I spoke to says that they won't be seeing me until I'm 20wks as they are very heavily booked and don't have time for earlier appointments unless there are problems. This seems to me very late in the pregnancy to be having a first appointment, how far along were you ladies when you had your first? I already feel a bit like I have no idea what I'm doing, so I feel a bit nervous about not seeing anyone for another 6 weeks. Thinking I might make an appointment with my GP to see what she says about the whole thing and for some reassurance that everything is going ok. WDYT?

Edited to add - ignore my above rant about the hospital - I got a letter from them today asking me to come in next week (@16 wks) so all is good original.gif

Edited by Thylacine, 26 November 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#12 *Katey*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

I don't pop in here often anymore, but I can't come in and not comment..... Chillidog I'm so sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you.

#13 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

ChilliDog - Oh lovely, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Look after yourself and hope you have lots of love from those around you. Thinking of you x

#14 Meg88

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi girls

hope everyones doing well.

I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow! Yay!
I am however starting to get a little bored & impatient. Also got a few nerves about labour starting. I think it's just the not knowing what to expect & when.

I know things are getting started though cause I'm getting more Braxton hicks and I've even started loosing bits of my mucous plug! (sorry for the TMI).

I had my 38week midwife appt today which actually turned into a drama filled morning. They had me lie on my back so they (midwife & student) could have a feel of bubs position and then did the Doppler to check heartrate but the Doppler battery was dieing so they had to get another 1. When they listened again bubs heartrate has dropped dramatically (80bpm) and while it did recover when they turned me on my side, they decided to send me to the hospital for a CTG. All went well though, bubs heartrate was fine & they picked up several Braxton hicks on the monitoring too. Bub also squirmed the entire time. So after a bit of a scare turns out all is ok original.gif

Now I just need labour to happen so I can meet my little man.
I can't wait!

#15 seaside_shells

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone!
It has been quiet in here lately!!  

Meg88 wow, you're so close to your due date now!!! Soooo exciting!!!!  Good news that everything is ok with your little man after the scare you had.  Enjoy your last child free days & get lots of rest, can't wait to hear your news very soon!!

Thylacine 20 weeks does seem late for your first hospital appointment - mine was at 10 weeks I think, then the scan at 12 & another appointment with the midwife at 16.  I then had an appointment with an obstetric registrar at 21 weeks & my next appointment is with a midwife at 24 weeks - this will be my first appointment with the "Mamta" program & I will continue to see the same midwife for the rest of my pregnancy.  I wouldn't worry about it though, I am sure all hospitals do these things differently, and as you've had your scan & everything is good I am sure there's no need to be concerned. If anything is worrying you though definitely don't hesitate to call them before your appointment. Did you end up going to see your GP?

Annabee Good to hear your baby shower was so lovely!!

BIABP hope you are getting plenty of rest & not feeling too uncomfortable xxx

AFM Not a lot to report, just plodding along with work & looking forward to the Christmas break! I have had a bit of lower back pain & have started ante-natal aquarobics which I'm enjoying, and it's better exercise than I expected too!

#16 HopefulAngel

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hello Ladies,
Hope we are all doing well.  Few more hours and we'll be heading into the weekend - yeh!  

Well I was 15 weeks this week so DF and I decided to tell everyone.  So spent the night ringing all of my Aunty's and than I sent a special email to all my female cousins from little peanut. It was cute actually.  Glad to report happy, positive feedback.  Did have a discussion with one of my Aunty's over my mum and our lack of relationship atm which brought me to tears but hay look forward not back!  Maybe hopefully she'll come around!  DF's family in the UK were soooo excited!

Ladies, I have three questions I need advice/answers on please:

1/. Having cramps, burning sensation around uterus area - is this ligament pain? Not all the time.

2/. When do you need to start wearing maternity bras?  Heard something about underwire bras can restrict or impact on milk ducts once your so far along?

3/. When did you or are you having your Morphology scan?  How many weeks?  I heard its between 18 - 20 weeks?  I'm booked in for mine when I'll be 23 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After the new year - seems an externity away! Like is that ok? normal? too late?  I soooo wanted to see our little one before Christmas and I'm hoping to persuade DF to find out gender - he doesn't want to know - I do!

Anyhoo, happy weekend to you all. Megg88 not long now all the best keep us posted yeh!

Edited by HopefulAngel, 30 November 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#17 Thylacine

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hi everyone!

Meg - what a scary experience! Glad to hear bubs is ok though. It sounds like you'll be meeting him very soon

Seaside - I hear you on the looking forward to Chistmas break, I've lost all motivation for work lately. Also my boss has made a few changes lately which make her life easier, but inconvenience the rest of the team, it's frustrating. I'm practically counting down the days til I can go on mat leave and not have to see that place for a whole year!
Also - hope your back is feeling better, is the aquarobics helping with the pain at all?

Hopeful Angel - I've had a few cramps in my abdomen but they are mild and they don't last long, I just assumed it was ligaments and things stretching but maybe one of the other ladies here has a better answer.
I had to buy new bras about 6 weeks ago now because I couldn't fit into my old ones anymore. I didn't buy maternity bras but did go for wire-free as I've also heard the wires can interfere with milk ducts.
Sorry, not sure about the morph scan. I thought 18-20 weeks but I don't know enough to say if 23 wks is ok or not. I'm booked in for mine on New Year's Eve when I will be 20 wks

AFM - I bought my first baby purchase this week! It's just a little onesie from Seed but it felt good to finally be buying something for our bub. It's probably the wrong time of year to be buying clothes for our baby as he/she will be born in late May so will need warm clothes.
I'll have to drag DP to one of the big baby stores one weekend soon so we can start buying other baby stuff, although we will be getting a lot of hand-me-down things as well. Did any of you buy any baby products online? What site did you use?

In other news, we're now in December, yay! It's officially summer and I put the Christmas decorations up yesterday, woohoo!

#18 Sunshiney

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hi girls

Meg - best wishes for the final few days! Must be a little scary, but hopefully an experience you really enjoy! Can't wait to hear of your son's arrival!

Thylacine - when do you go on mat leave? I've offered to work over the Christmas/New Year closure to save my annual leave for finishing early next year, but am now wondering if I'd prefer just to stay at home in bed over that time because I'm really struggling with ms.

Seaside - glad you're found some acqua aerobics classes, being in the water is supposed to really help take the load off your body. I was told to stop exercising at 5wk because I was getting nauseous when hot and I'm finding it so hard. But looking forward to going to the local pool once I make it to T2.

Hopeful Angel - congrats on telling your family! Hope the issues with your mum are sorted out soon. I hadn't spoken to my mum in 6.5 wks after she said some awful things about my mc, but she called me this week which was very unusual because usually I'm the one who has to take the first step. My naturopath had told me that I do need to sort it out though because carrying around the stress isn't good, but to do it when I'm ready because I've got too many issues happening at the moment for any more drama in my life. So it was nice that my mum took that step because otherwise I probably wouldn't have spoken to her until closer to Christmas. So do what you think will be best for you at a time that is good for you.

BIAP - how are you going? Are the cramps getting an easier to handle?

Annabee - sounds like a lovely baby shower!    

AFM - been quiet because I've been struggling with ms which started at 5w2d same as last time and also been having issues with spotting. I only made it to work 2 days this week and have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 5-7 weeks of ms. I feel so awful, vomit most days and am really struggling. On top of that, whenever the bleeding comes back I'm in tears and think it's all over again. Had an US at 6w4d and they found no reason for the bleeding and said everything looks fine.  But last time I also has an US at this date, had really bad ms, didn't have any bleeding (until the mc started) and still lost my baby. So it's hard being confident, but I'm trying. Having some more BTs next week to check my prog & HCG. If all goes well, will tell my immediate family about the PG at 8wks.

#19 Meg88

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Seaside-shells: I was doing aqua aerobics from about 16weeks and have loved it. There were mornings I wasn't sure I had the energy but I found it to be a really good energizer and helped eases sore legs and back. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Hopeful angel: good on you for sharing your baby news, glad it was a mostly positive experience for you. As for bras: I just bought new ones without underwire when I found my others were getting a little small & uncomfortable. Maybe round 14weeks-ish. Just a 2 pack from target for about $15 and they've been great.
I had my morph scan at 20+3. not sure if 23weeks is too late but would suggest phoning the U/S clinic and asking their opinion.

Thylacine: how exciting starting to buy baby things! I still keep seein things I wanna buy and have to tell myself no cause bub already has heaps! Ididnt buy any big stuff online but have made several smaller purchases from mumgo.com.au and thesleepstore.com.au.
I worked for a baby store my entire pregnancy though so bought pretty much everything from them wink.gif

sunshiney: I'm so sorry you're having a rough time with morning sickness ad spotting on top of your anxieties about miscarriage. I'll be sending lots of positive vibes your way honey. I'm happy your mum approaches you with an apology though, that must be a real weight off of you.

AFM: I'm still pregnant! Running out of things to keep me occupied too. We put the Xmas tree up on the weekend. I've cooked and frozen a bunch of dinners already and aside from normal weekly cleaning and washing everything else is done. Now just watching a lot of TV/DVDs, I'm walking the neighbourhood twice a day and hitting DH up for some action wink.gif to try and get things moving buy I think the little mans still too comfy for now. I had been losing mucous plug last week but that's stopped.

Perhaps the universe is still trying to teach me patience as if I didn't have enough of that lesson while TTC! Ahhh well, I'll just try & relax.
Will hopefully have baby news for you all soon though original.gif

#20 AnnaBee87

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

WOW Meg88 nearly there! Hope to see your news any day now original.gif Good luck!!!

Hopeful Angel - we had our morph scan at 21 weeks which was the earliest I could book in at the time! Was just beautiful to see our little man, haven't seen him since then!!! Miss seeing his little body inside! Won't be long though and we will have him to hold!!

Currently 35 weeks and really starting to freak out that we don't have everything! When I sit down and go through all our stuff though I realise we have pretty much everything, it's just so overwhelming! We had our maternity shoot yesterday and it was so awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Hope you are all feeling okay, especially our newer mums struggling with MS! xxx

#21 Cacti

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hey guys - Meg's boy is here! Super cute original.gif I'll let her fill in the rest, just thought I'd let you know that he's here and doing awesome.

#22 seaside_shells

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Oooh yay Meg88 - congratulations lovely!!! Looking forward to her update & finding out her little man's name!!!

Hopeful angel I have also had some cramping occasionally, most likely it is just "stretching" type pains but mention it to your midwife / OB if you're at all concerned.  As for maternity bras, I started wearing them at about 12-13 weeks!  My boobs changed a lot quicker than my tummy, which is only just starting to really pop out now.  My underwire bras had started feeling uncomfy so I bought some maternity bras and they're much better.  I actually bought a couple of Hot Milk ones but I'm really disappointed in them & have hardly worn them, such a waste of money.  I then went and bought some from Target for about a quarter of the price & I love them!  I had my morphology scan at 20 weeks ... 23 does seem late, maybe check again with your doc. Lovely that you have now told family & that everyone is so excited!!

Sunshiney Good luck for your tests next week lovely & hope that things continue to improve for you with the MS.

Annabee You will be next to pop lovely - how exciting!!! Hope the pics from your maternity shoot turn out well, I'm sure they will!!  I can imagine that panic moment of do I have everything I need for this bub?  I'm sure you do & if not then you can always send DP on some emergency missions!!

Thylacine Ooh how exciting buying your first little thing for bub, it's so special to start collecting everything.  Did you get to any of the big baby shops over the weekend? We bought our bassinet online from www.oo.com.au and I've also been looking at www.clothmybot.com.au for cloth nappies.  We thought about ordering other furniture online but ended up going through a local retailer.  I've also heard good things about www.babyontherun.com for prams.  Happy shopping!!

AFM Our Christmas tree is finally up, but I've barely even thought about Christmas shopping!!  Will definitely have to get started on it this weekend!!  There's a big handmade market happening in my town this weekend too, hoping to find a few cute things for our little one there.  

Hope everyone is well & chat again soon xxx

#23 Thylacine

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Congratulations Meg!!   bbabyflip.gif  cclap.gif  Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little boy. Hope you and little one are doing well  original.gif

Annabee - A maternity photo shoot is a great idea, hope the pictures turn out well  original.gif

Sunshiney - so sorry you are feeling so sick and strugging with so much stress at the moment as well, hope you are coping ok  bbighug.gif

AFM - had my first hospital appointment on Monday. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was awesome, and everything looks like it's going well so far. The OB suggested preparing my breasts for breastfeeding by rubbing my nipples with a rough cloth for a few min every day, have any of you tried that? I have to admit, the rough cloth doesn't feel that nice and my nipples are already sore and starting to crack. Makes me worry that I will struggle with breastfeeding  sad.gif  

Also, because I have PCO, I'll have to do a GT test in Feb, which I'm not looking forward to - time to cut back on the Tim Tams!

#24 Cacti

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Thylacine @ 09/12/2012, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFM - had my first hospital appointment on Monday. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was awesome, and everything looks like it's going well so far. The OB suggested preparing my breasts for breastfeeding by rubbing my nipples with a rough cloth for a few min every day, have any of you tried that? I have to admit, the rough cloth doesn't feel that nice and my nipples are already sore and starting to crack. Makes me worry that I will struggle with breastfeeding  sad.gif

Thylacine, no! You'll wear them out before you start! Your nipples will change on your pregnancy goes on and toughen up a bit naturally and the rest will happen when bubs get there.

ETA - Here's some info from the ABA on feeding you can have a read through if you're interested - https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-info/yo...astfeeding-faqs I found their website really useful for looking things up. I had some Lanisoh cream which seemed to help (someone I talked to in hospital recommended it).

Edited by Cacti, 09 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#25 seaside_shells

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Thylacine @ 09/12/2012, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hearing the heart beat is magical isn't it?

I'm with cacti on your ob's breastfeeding suggestion - I definitely wouldn't do this!!! Actually I would do everything you can to try to healthy cracks you have in your nipples now... Mine are also a bit sore already & I've had a couple of small cracks too, I'm trying to make sure it all heals up before the birth, using gentle wash in the shower, moisturiser etc.  You may develop sore / cracked nipples I the early days of breastfeeding but not everyone does, and as I understand it it can be a sign of poor attachment - if bubs is well attached breastfeeding should not be painful.  As cacti said the ABA have lots of great resources, and it might also be worth attending a breastfeeding class ( lots of hospitals run them, and so do the ABA) or even speaking to a lactation consultant before your birth if you are nervous / worried about breastfeeding. hhugs.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.