TTC#1 Grads - Ongoing Thread

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#51 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Seaside shells - phase one of renos done, and nursery starting to take shape. Cot, bassinette, pram, bath, nursing chair all ready. Just waiting for a few other things then final decorations. Phase 2 of renos due to begin in Feb if all goes to plan.
Hope the physio helps you with your pain - doesn't sound like fun at all.

Tiger-Lily - congrats on your BFP and welcome!

Annabee - thanks for the heads up on the hormonal emotions near the end. It's always good to know what to expect. Not long for you now!! Hope you feel better soon ready for the birth.

AFM - I've been really sick for the past week and have been housebound. I've had a horrible, unrelenting cough, my ribs are so sore. Hope to be feeling better soon to do more work on the nursery and the house, and oh yeah, go back to work for my final few weeks!
Hi to everyone else and hope you're all travelling along well.

Edited by WhimsicalDragonfly, 04 January 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#52 AnnaBee87

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

WhimsicalDragonfly - Ooh get that cough fixed up hun! My step-MIL got bronchitis with her bub and coughed and literally broke her waters! She was 36 weeks though. Hope you feel better soon!

#53 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

AnnaBee - yeah I've been worried about that.  I'm only 28 weeks though!! I went to the dr on Wed and will go back on Mon. I've started antibiotics and have been gargling with salt water, having teaspoons of honey and having Strepsils.  I've also been resting & sleeping through the day. Not much else I can do, I don't think. Any other suggestions would be welcome. I keep hoping there is a miracle cure! I've considered saline nasal sprays but due to my recent issues with severe nosebleeds I'm a bit reluctant to start tinkering with my nose.

#54 Sunshiney

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for quite a while. Just read through all your posts to try to catch up on what I've missed - which is so, so much! So no personals today, except for Meg.  huge congratulations on the arrival of Thomas!!  Your labour sounds like it was a really fantastic experience for both you and bub and it's so nice to hear positive labour stories! Hope you, your hubby and Thomas are all adjusting to your new life now and that all is going well  hheart.gif  

AFM - I've been MIA because I've been suffering from severe ms. Didn't want to go on meds at first, but in the end there was no choice because I was too badly dehyrdated, losing weight, had blurred vision, couldn't eat or do anything other than lie in bed, and was constantly dizzy. Tried maxalon, then stemetil and finally was put on zofran a few days before Christmas and it worked to stop the constant vomiting!  The past 2 months have been really hard and I got depressed with not being able to control the ms, plus I had problems with spotting for 2.5 weeks just to add to the problems. My DH has been really great though and has really helped me through some very hard days. I'll be 12 wks on Mon and am hoping that the ms starts to ease off soon (though I've been vomiting again this weekend, so I think it might take a while yet). Am having an US on Wed just to check everything is okay with bubs before I tell my work about the PG.  I think everything will be okay, but am still a bit scared since post-mc you can never fully have that same PG confidence again.  Will be better at keeping up with everyone's news now that I've got things under control a bit more.

#55 babyinabackpack

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Meg88 @ 04/01/2013, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone heard or seen anything from BIABP?

Hi ladies!!

Sorry for being so MIA! But all is good here with me. 34 weeks yesterday and LOVING the 3rd trimester!! For the first time since falling PG I actually feel semi-human! Although talk about overly emotional.. I don't think I've cried so much in my entire life..

Anyway, seeing as I've been feeling like a real human again I've been keeping myself occupied by actually doing things and not spending so much time on EB.. Hence the MIA.. It's so nice to be able to leave the house and not be restricted to lying on my side in bed all weekend..

Cams, Cacti, Meg, Vanilla how are you all going with your bubs? How is the world of motherhood? Is it as overwhelming as I'm expecting? I'm strangely not concerned about labour at all, more about what to actually do with the little person after that..

Annabee - any news yet?? I hope bubs behaves and moves into place quickly for you!!

Seaside - I had similar problems with my back and saw a chiro which really really really helped. I'm tempted to go and see him again next week actually, just because i'm starting to feel a bit out of whack again. Last time apparently I'd even slipped a rib without knowing it! No wonder I was in constant back and shoulder pain! I found that it also helped with alot of my stomach cramping aswell.

AFM - It's so hard to believe that in 4-8 weeks i'm going to have a bub of my own. OMG I'm sooo not ready for that!! I thought I was, and for most of my PG from hell I've been really looking forward to it being over, but now that I feel normal, I'm loving being PG and really don't want it to end.. The grass is always greener I guess...
I visited my DIG group for the first time in about 2 months today and discovered that atleast 5 of the ladies have already had their bubs which totally freaked me out! Do any of you remember littlejacksonone? She ended up having a super premmie girl at 28 weeks but all is going well for her which is great. But the reality that bubs seriously could come at any point was a real jolt to the system. There were threads about hospital bags.. Um, hospital what? In my mind i've still got 1-2 months to worry about that, but I guess in reality i should start preparing.. Wow..

Anyway ladies, sorry i'm not here very often. I do stalk you all and think of you often.
I'll try to be more active, I promise.

Love and baby hugs/belly rubs to you all!

#56 *Katey*

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 06/01/2013, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do any of you remember littlejacksonone? She ended up having a super premmie girl at 28 weeks but all is going well for her which is great.

Oh wow, I remember littlejacksonone! Great to hear they're both doing well though.

#57 AnnaBee87

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 06/01/2013, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Annabee - any news yet?? I hope bubs behaves and moves into place quickly for you!!

Nothing yet BIABP... had a few contractions but nothing to keep up going! I was due yesterday, and had some cramping overnight but it didn't turn into anything. DP and I went for a 3km walk this evening and then had some special cuddles lol! Still not much going on sad.gif I guess we will see if anything happens through the night.

Can't wait to meet our little man though!
I felt the same way about not feeling ready, but now I am at my due date I realise I am so completely ready original.gif Glad to hear you are feeling better!! x

#58 Cacti

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

AnnaBee, I saw your name and the time and scrolled straight to the bottom for the news! Hope your bub arrives soon.

BIABP - my little one is six months old now and so awesome! Giggles, smiles, plays with his feet, gives me kisses (or licks my face). I was only overwhelmed when massively sleep deprived - a nap always set things right. I'm glad that you're feeling better now.

#59 AnnaBee87

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Cacti - Unfortunately still in early labour sad.gif went to the hospital last night due to intensely strong contractions that didn't seem to have rest between them! They peaked but the pain didn't drop much in between. But the midwives sent me back home as they were apparently only 10 mins apart sad.gif Got lots more contractions through the night but now nothing this morning! WTF!

Waiting to see if more happens through the day.

#60 Sunshiney

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wow, AnnaBee so interesting to hear about what it's like in early labour.  Hope your little boy comes soon and you have the labour you're hoping for.

BIAP - thanks for the update about Jackson. So lovely to hear they're both doing well! I've been very slack about posting in my DIG because there's so much chatter in there (apparently lots more on FB) and I don't really have the time to keep up with it all because I can't really use FB at work and I'm tired in the evenings. Good luck packing that hospital bag - better not leave it 'til the last minute!

Katey - how are you doing?

Had my 12w scan today with the same technician who did all my mc and ovarian cyst scans. Was a really emotional experience. Got teary just being back in the same room. The she started by telling us there was a good HB and turned the screen for us to look. With tears streaming down my face, I cried out "oh it's got arms and legs - it's a real baby!". At my early US bubs just looked like a squidgy blob, and I knew that by now they're be proper defined arms and legs - but knowing that and actually seeing it on screen and realising that's the thing inside me was amazing! Had tears pouring down my face the whole US and am still walking on cloud nine.

#61 Iliketoflounce

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Popping in for my usual stalk and just to say ph34r.gif Annabee   ph34r.gif

#62 AnnaBee87

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey guys, just updating you on the situation.

Most of my contractions have gone now. Still getting the occasional one but nothing exciting. I have started taking Raspberry Leaf tablets and eating so much fresh pineapple! Also tried sex, walking, squats and wishful thinking!

Hoping my little man comes soon.

#63 babyinabackpack

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Annabee, just quickly because I've gotta start cooking before I start hunger cramping but my doula SWEARS by castor oil. She says that in the nearly hundred births she's attended that have gone over, it's the only thing that 9 times out of 10 has worked.. so maybe give it a try??
I've got my mum sending me some over here just in case!!

Sunshiney - I'm just sooo happy for you hun. I can only imagine how much more emotional an experience it must have been for you, because seeing the heartbeat by itself is a pretty precious experience! Hope you got some good pics of the little arms and legs of your real baby!!

Cacti - Wow! 6 months already? Wow how time flies!!

#64 Fairey

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

AnnaBee - Read the research before deciding to give Castor Oil a go - it's generally more negative than positive and tends to make people quite ill (think diarrhoea and vomiting). Keep up with the special cuddles. Bubs is in the best place he can be and will come out when he's good and ready original.gif

#65 Meg88

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Annabee: hang in there honey, it's so worth it when they do finally arrive you'll completely forget all the waiting.

Sunshiney: I'm so so happy your 12week scan was a positive experience for you. I remember crying at mine so I can only inagine how it would have felt for you. Are you going to find out gender at your next scan or keeping it a surprise?

BIABP: having a new bub is such a rollercoaster of emotion, and for me, mostly good emotion. I am so grateful to finally have my little man that constant feeding, pooey nappies, crying, and cracked nipples don't seem nearly as bad. It is a constant cycle of feeding, changing and settling at the moment, and we're still trying to find a routine but I think we're making progress. I'm really lucky, Thomas has seemed tonkmow the difference between night and day from the start and we usually get at least a 5hr block of sleep at night from him - and a couple of nights ago he slept 8hrs straight!!!
Really loving being his mummy <3

#66 Cacti

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

I was told at my antenatal classes that if you try castor oil, it might work, but you'll get really bad runs your whole labour and they don't recommend it!

Hope your bub arrives soon, AnnaBee and all is well.

#67 AnnaBee87

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys original.gif Currently 40+5 *sigh* but had my doc appt today and they did a stretch and sweep which was painful but I think helped original.gif Lost my mucus plug this arvo and have had a few contractions but mainly feels like I have my period lol! Booked in for induction next Tuesday 15th so if I don't go into labour tonight or before then I guess I am going to be induced!

Yeah I don't want to try castor oil just because I do get a queasy stomach and knowing my luck will get the full brunt of it! I will just stick it out for now original.gif

Sorry for my lack or personals lately but I am pretty self absorbed in this whole thing lol

#68 seashells

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Annabee87 Hang in there hon, it won't be too much longer now!!!  Losing your plug sounds like a very good sign.... I'm hoping you are in labour right now and will be stalking for your news!!

Sunshiney So very happy for you that all is well with your precious little bundle!! The 12 week ultrasound is amazing isn't it, I just find it so incredible how well developed they already are by that stage... basically fully formed and just needing to grow! Welcome to the second trimester lovely original.gif

BIABP Thanks for the news about LittleJacksonOne, I remember her from our TTC#1 thread... good to hear that all is well for her & her little girl, they are obviously both real fighters.  I know what you mean about the actual reality of a baby coming feeling very unreal too.... I said to DH this morning, do you realise I'll be full term in 8 weeks?  I think until bubs actually gets here it is going to feel very unreal!!  

Cacti Wow, Felix is six months already - that time really has flown!  Great to hear things are going so well for you & also that napping really helped you to deal with the sleep deprivation... that's one of my biggest worries about becoming a mum so it's a big relief for me to hear how others have managed it.  

Meg88 Wonderful to hear that little Thomas is going so well too, and that he sleeps well for you at night.  Dont worry too much about routine... I'm a firm believer that they're too little for routine at that stage, he will find his rhythms over time, but in the meantime just go with the flow in the moment... I know that it is easier said than done though!

Whimsical dragonfly Hope you feel better soon lovely, sounds like you've been really unwell.  Look forward to hearing more about your nursery set up too!

AFM I'm now 29 weeks & finally have a recognisable bump!  Until now I have just looked frumpy!!  I have had a nasty head cold over the past week though and had to have yesterday off work sick.... really hoping it's going to clear up soon because it hasn't been much fun at all.  In good news though my pelvic pain is improving - the physio has given me a support belt & it definitely makes a big difference.  DH is working on the nursery today, getting the walls painted! I am excited for him to finish so I can start decorating and making it look pretty.  I've been reading some parenting books lately too, trying to get myself all prepared for bub's arrival!  

#69 AnnaBee87

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Update for the stalkers:
Been having contractions all night and then this morning was getting them every 5mins for 1-1.5min so we went to the hospital. Unfortunately I was still only 1.5cm dilated so got sent home with some pain relief to get some sleep. Have been sleeping most of the day, still getting contractions but they have slowed down again.

The midwives reckon they will be seeing me again today though, and thank god bub has finally engaged!!! DP is worried I will have to have a c-section as I haven't dilated any more in the last few days but I am still hoping for natural!! Now bub is engaged I think we will have more luck original.gif

Sadly, 41 weeks today! lol

Hope you are all doing well xx

#70 Fairey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Anna Bee - I really hope bubs is in your arms soon!! (Actually, I really hope he already is!). Thinking of you x

#71 babyinabackpack

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Stalking for an update from Annabee!!

Oh and hi to everyone else of course!

#72 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Me too ninja.gif
Glad you're feeling better BIAB and you're enjoying the third trimester.
Thanks for the news about JacksonLittleOne, I remember her and am glad to hear her premmie bub is doing well.
AFM - I've recovered from the flu, and so has DH I think. Last night was the first night in three weeks one of us hasn't had a night cough. It was nice to sleep!
We're starting phase two of the renos at the end of the month. Can't wait for it to be finished!
We have a scan tomorrow too, to check on bubs' heart. Can't wait to see our little one again  wub.gif

#73 Cams

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

also stalking for news!!

BIABP - getting so close for you now as well!! you're next after Annabee aren't you? How are you feeling? do you post much in your fb group? one of my besties is in the group, she's one of the twin mummies but still waiting on her bubbas. also know one of the other girls in the group from my group original.gif hope you are doing well.

Sorry for my servere lack of personals, every time I get in here I appear to get distracted and don't end up getting to post. Just waiting for the little man to wake up now as well. We're doing fairly well though. 16 weeks now and he's getting so big!! Lachlan has now doubled his birthweight, is much more alert (tiring as well!!), very smiley and getting gorgeous giggles out of him. His latest craze is starring at the ceiling fan in the lounge room and giving it the hugest smiles and giggles!! He's so damn cute and it's so funny watching him be so excited about the fan!! Sounds like he's waking up now so best be off. Hope you are all doing well and will continue to stalk original.gif

#74 HopefulAngel

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hello everyone a belated Merry xmas and happy new year to yu all.  Annnabee hope bubs has arrived safely and your having snuggles!  Ive been MIA as Ive been in Newcastle spent xmas with DFs family as I didnt want to be anywhere near mine this year (last year) than with all the fires in NSW we couldnt get home. But gld to say we are home safe and sound now.  Im 22weeks and finally having my 20 week scan tomorrow super excited. Hoping Df will change his mind and want to find out sex.  I am huge have a big high bump and none of my clothes fit me anymore - ol well.  ANYHOO,  hugs to all I'll catch up with personals tomorrow night.  bbighug.gif bbighug.gif bbighug.gif

#75 AnnaBee87

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hey all! Sorry I didn't update earlier! Been a tad busy with my little man!! original.gif

So I was booked for induction at 2pm on Tuesday 15th Jan, but started feeling off at around 8am and got mum to come over as DP was asleep after a long night. Luckily I did because I had started going into labour by myself! I had been in pre-labour since the previous Friday and was in and out of hospital getting checked. I was 1.5cm dilated on Friday and still 1.5cm on Monday sad.gif Went into the hospital on tuesday at about 1:30pm as they said I may as well come in seeing as I was booked for the induction lol and they checked me over and I was 4cm!

Went over to birthing suites and after 5hrs of insanely strong contractions and only gas and air for pain relief (I begged for an epi but it was too late!) I gave birth to my little man Matthew James original.gif born at 6:18pm on 15th Jan, he was 9lb and 52.5cm long, head circumference 37cm! I was so proud of DP as he was holding my leg the whole time and watched as our boy was being born original.gif We spent a few days in hospital and now are home again and the milk bar is in!

He is a beautiful little feeder and a great sleeper. I absolutely adore him and can't get enough of him original.gif

Hope you lovely ladies are having a great day! xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.