Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#101 Jlhb

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Good luck Tiken. I hope all goes well with bubs birth. Is bubs growth over all in the 5th percentile or just her abdomen? My ob told me this week I'm likely heading down the early birth track too due to my little one not growing so well. Now did they diagnose you and how dad along are you?

#102 frogcal

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hi Ladies,
Congrats to all those who have already welcomed  their little ones and good luck to all those eagerly awaiting arrivals. I have been checking each day but on my phone so don't get a chance to do personals.

Mrs PH - I was booked for balloon catheter induction but due to extremely busy hospital got changed to gel for 6 hours then ARM, as they had no bed for the night before to go the other way.

Tiken - good luck, my first was induced at 36 weeks due to IUGR, took a little while to get feeding established but other than that no dramas.

Jlhb- my IUGR was diagnosed at 34 weekks due to hypertension affecting placenta function with DS, and this time although DD  was not classed as IUGR she was on the smaller side, and my placenta was classed as 'unhealthy' on delivery, also due to hypertension and medication.

Leaf- glad to hear little Sabre is going well, after all your worries you managed to keep him in a good time and to a healthy weight, well done!

AFM- Alana is going well, had put on 500g in 10 days since discharge when weighed on Thursday. She seems to have night and day mixed up so sleeps well during the day and not so well at night. Currently I am puttiing her down to sleep in her bouncer as she seems to be uncomfortable/ gassy when laying flat. Was wondering perhaps if this is maybe a sign of silent reflux? She doesn't vomit much (except yesterday when she did a mega chuck down my front that all collected in my bra but got nothing on herself), but I can hear her tummy gurgling away sometimes. My DS (26months) isn't overly interested in her, he does get a bit jealous when I'm feeding so I have just about mastered BFing with a toddler sitting on my knee as well!
Not organised at all for Christmas, need to get myself moving or no-one is getting anything this year.
Will be stalking for more arrivals!

#103 Jlhb

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info Frogcal hope your little ones doing well! My bubs head arms and legs are growing but her tummy isn't. They say this happens when the placenta doesn't deliver what it need to and bubs redirects nutrients to vital organs like brain and heart. Ob mentioned that worst case scenario - blood supply cuts off totally. Really freaked me out. I'm 37 weeks now and I'm thinking maybe it's safer if she is out than in. hubby is 6ft3 and I'm 5ft6 so we aren't really small. Wonder if all bubs affected by IUGR grow to a normal size after?

#104 ~bluebird~

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Congratulations to all the new mummies.

Good luck today Tiken. Thinking of you.

Mrs potatohead, hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

38 wks today, aiming for Wednesday now, 12/12/12. I'm sure l'll go over but it's nice to aim  for the short term.

My friend made me the most beautiful cot quilt, i feel so spoilt and lucky

#105 frogcal

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Jlhb--  ds took a while but is now at 50th percentile for height and 25th for weight. Hit all his other development markers on schedule. The first month was hard as he was tube fed at hospital then bottle fed ebm at home but now eats everything not nailed down. Given that you are almost full term I would be inclined to go with better out than in, just be aware the first few days will be very full on as they won't want your little one losing much if any weight post delivery so that means heaps of expressing to get your milk going and possibly comp feeding formula as well until it comes in. Good luck  :-)

Edited by frogcal, 10 December 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#106 ~A2~

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.