Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#26 Zingiber

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

hi everyone
been a while again
all going pretty well here
very tired and sore but i've been tired and sore since the beginning so pretty well used to it by now
getting very excited and want her out NOW, but she seems comfortable and in no hurry so i guess i'll just have to wait it out

work is being BRILLIANT which is a far cry from what i expected...let me come and go as i please, have set me up with a laptop and all the bells and whistles so on tough days i just stay home.

after a late start doing all gthe baby shopping it is finally done and the nursery looks very 'cool' - I and everyone love it (it's not a 'baby' nursery)

family all keep badgering me for an arrival date so they can book flights from the four corners of the country....and i've been badgering my OB to which she responds......ummm...it doesn't quite work like that!!!!

reading the above about being pressured into an induction horrifies me.....the hospital i am going to has been brilliant - they're very hands off and their mantra is that you are in charge unless you feel you need help in which case they're all on board.

#27 steen2007

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Congrats Frogcal. Hope that everything is going well with you and Alana.

Brown dog- totally normal to be a blubbering mess, especially when you are out of your home. Just tell your care person in case it gets worse. I too stop myself when I think about bub and DH being away and moving house. Things that will happen, but just taking it one day at a time.

Zingiber- so glad your work has been helpful. Always nice to know that you are worth the effort!

AFM DH is home for this weekend and then back in three weeks. So baby can come now or wait until mid Dec!
Only 6 days and we can all start having December babies!

#28 Bellefin

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Congrats frogcal, I like her name, sounds cool with the 2 A sounds at the ends.

Kiwimel - we have a sweep going. With DD I had almost a full A4 spreadsheet of guesses and nobody got it right as she was 40+6. My sister was a little drunk at my baby shower and said there would be a great prize for the winner so after nobody won it she said it was an all expenses paid holiday lol. This time it is ranging from 2/12 up to 28/12. I haven't made my guess yet but I don't think I'd be lucky enough to go before 40 weeks, baby feels comfy and is still up high.

Yes only a few days until December and these hundred or so babies should start joining the early few!! I totally cannot wait to see how she differs/is similar to DD.

#29 mcchickies

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

WOW llove.gif  llove.gif CONGRATULATION TO ALL THE MUMMIES WHO HAVE HAD THEIR NEW BUBS , I HOPE U ARE ALL WELL XXXXXXX eexcite.gif SO VERY EXCITING cclap.gif  

Well im still here also nno.gif labour stopped twice &now we are at safe stage he wont come, im really tired & frustrated lol but i guess he will come when he is ready now & im glad it wasnt at 32 weeks when he wanted to come!!!!

QUESTION : the ladies who are still pregnant and even the mums who had bubs !! The mucus plug have u lost yours yet ??? ladies who had bubs how long before labour begin did u lose it if u did lose it???? i lost mine on thursday morning ,i know statistics state that most women will go ito labour with 72 hours of the show , ts now over 48 hours , with my last dd it was 2 days later, i hope it begins soon .......

hope all u ladies are feeling well & hanging in there not long to go !!! eexcite.gif

#30 Jlhb

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Brown-dog I don't get upset but I do feel like im in denial. It's my first bub and it's hard to contemplate being a mum even though it was all fully planned. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm nervous about that! Shes due in four weeks. I'm excited but it hasn't sunk in and probably won't till she is here. It's a huge change in life for a first mum I guess so it's ok to be worried. It will all work out I'm sure and once your bub has arrived you will take to it naturally.

Brown-dog I don't get upset but I do feel like im in denial. It's my first bub and it's hard to contemplate being a mum even though it was all fully planned. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm nervous about that! Shes due in four weeks. I'm excited but it hasn't sunk in and probably won't till she is here. It's a huge change in life for a first mum I guess so it's ok to be worried. It will all work out I'm sure and once your bub has arrived you will take to it naturally.

#31 cletus

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

hey everyone,

Haven't been in here in a while. just wanted to let you know that Molly Rose was born on 14/11 weighing 1.9kgs. She was taken out at 36 weeks (Caesarian) due to IURG (restricted growth) from a poorly functioning placenta/umbilical cord. Her size and breech presentation meant I couldn't be induced, and my OB thought even head down, labour might be too stressful for her.

SHe is absolutely TINY and extremely skinny, but is doing well now and is in neonatal intensive care at the hospital. Abit of a dodgy start for her (collapsed lung and fluid on the other lung) and the emergency button got hit in theatre a  few minutes after she was born. But after a shaky first 2 days, has made great progress.

We are hoping to have our little girl home in the next few weeks but have been told it will definitely be by Christmas.

Wishing everyone healthy and happy babies for those of you who are still yet to have your bubs. Oh and of course an easy and relatively painless labour (well one can always wish!)

#32 Jlhb

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Cletus congrats on the birth of Molly rose. What a strong little girl she must be. Hope you are keeping well and staying strong for her. You have a lovely Xmas coming up!

#33 Stardusties

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Congratulations cletus on the arrival of your little lady! Such a gorgeous name too wub.gif Glad to hear that after a shaky start that she's doing well and hopefully you can have her home soon.

#34 KiwiMelW

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Congrats Cletus - Glad that little molly rose is doing well!

Frogcal congrats on your new bub as well.

AFM - the sausage toes have started full force. If im on my feet for about half an hour my feet start to swell big time, when I walk the dogs my hands start to swell.  All I need to do is put my feet up and they are back to norm.

I meet the OBGYN for the first time this monday and get our rental baby capsule put in the car on tuesday, oh and I finished my last day of work and am officially lost with nothing to do. Got all my christmas shopping done for everyone today while i was bored and waiting.

Also renovations "should" be officially finished next Friday!!!!!  That means we can finally move all of our gear back into our rooms and setup the nursery and i can finally get some intense cleaning done.

This might be a bit TMI but does anyone feel like looser?? down there. I kind of feel like everything is loose, like ive been having sex or something. im hoping its a sign that things might get cracking soon. I just realised that my DH family all arrive at 40+6 days and we would really like to have a couple of days to ourselves before all the family start arriving and we have guests for a month.

Bet it doesnt work out that way knowing my luck.

#35 Birdieb444

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

Im glad Im not the only one freaking out. This is my first bubs, my husbands 2nd so I am already a step mum of a 6yr old (50/50 share), I am not worried about being a mum in the long term. But get overwhelmed about the pain coming and not sure if I will handle it, and having no control over how the little one will be and that she wont be able to tell me what she wants or needs and me fumbling along as I go lol.

I was a blubbering mess one day last week and have brave days and Im scared days. though I am sure this is normal... right?? lol.

Hubby and I ordered a new car mid July and found out last week they havent even started production and it is still another 3-4 mths away, there went my hope of having the baby capsule in the new car! We have purchased another car instead we are happy with, though its interstate and my husband is flying up to get it this week. Talk about leaving it to the last minute!! If all goes well I will have the capsule in the new car soon!

I thought bubs was going to come early though obs said last week she is not engaged yet, though I have been told this can happen quickly?

Hope everyone is doing well

#36 Kels22

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Congrats Cletus!  I know what it's like having bubs in the NICU....my DS is still in the nursery albeit the low level care nursery now, but it's tough.  We're coming up on 3wks on weds and since he was born he's progressed from the NICU to special care level 2 then level 1 to just the nursery now.  You just want them home with you.  If you need anything at all just PM me but it sounds like your DD is one tough cookie rolleyes.gif

#37 Mum_of_five

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi all original.gif am 37 weeks tomorrow and have had an emotional pregnancy 'high risk' and have fetal monitoring and growth scans 2 times a week... So far the placenta and cord are working and i havent needed to be induced, which was a concern we had...

I have low pappa-A and the doctor did say they dont like you to go to 40 weeks with that, but so far they havent mentioned about inducing before 40 weeks... I cant wait to have bubs safely in my arms original.gif

#38 4Littleloves

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hi again all..just a quick drop in ..will replay in detail after tomorrow as have an appointment with ob in morning .. home from hospital and bleeding has so far stopped..but will find out tomorrow if my booked in c/section (mahna mahna  ..I have to have with low placenta and also 4th c/section) on the 19th December will be brought forward...

BIG BIG congrats to cletus on the arrival of Molly Rose ! Glad to hear she is going well now..what a scary time for you and your partner xxx

#39 ~bluebird~

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Congratulations cletus, on the arrival of Molly Rose.

Birdieb444- all normal emotions. My mum always says babies don't know any different so what you do is right, think its great advice, baby and you will learn together. Annoying about the car, hope your second choice is great.

4littleloves - good to hear you are home, at least for now.

Kiwimel- hope everthing i done by Friday . As for being lost without work, get a book or some DVD's and just relax! You may not get another chance in a while. Or you could do the whole cooking meals to freeze thing if you are into that.

#40 steen2007

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Congrats Cletus and welcome Molly, hope that strong girl is home with you soon.

Just counting down days here, 37 weeks in Wednesday but last bub was born at 36+6 and it would be such a relief in the recent heat Canberra has decided to put on.

#41 mcchickies

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

ppinkstork.gif Congrats cletus wub.gif  wub.gif on the birth of little molly i hope she keeps thriving & u can have her home soon xxx

#42 natalia2482

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Congratulations Frogcal and Cletus! bbighug.gif

Kiwimel, hope everything is finished for you by Friday.

4littleloves, hope your app goes well tomorrow.

AFM, I'm finally on maternity leave!!  Not quiet sure how I'm going to handle it.  I mean it's great to rest up, but I feel like the days are so much longer at home and I hate the waiting game.....just want bubs in my arms.  36 weeks tomorrow so still have a little waiting.

#43 Peggiesue

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (4Littleloves @ 21/11/2012, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all I haven't been replying in here for some time...have been so busy in and out of hospital
(Actually is were I am at now) I have had bleeding from low placenta twice now ..2 days ago had to be bought in by ambulance at 2am sirens and all...was a little scary ...hence while I am still here now..all good at moment though so other than needing a iron transfusion tomorrow hopefully be going home soon ...it sucks being away from my family  sad.gif  congratulations to all the families who's bubs have already been born ...I don't feel so one now that I might be delivering early too ..34 weeks now....ill try and visit regularly now I should have lots of time on my hands in hospital

Bellefin don't be induced for convenience ..my doc tried to do same with my first as he was going on holidays when bubs wad due..I declined as I didn't want to increase risk of Caesar..as it turned out he was away and I did end up needing an emergency Caesar for brow presentation..but if I had done earlier I would always have regretted not letting it happen naturally if that makes sense

Hi 4littleloves
Sorry to hear that you are in hospital, its an awful experience having a decent bleed whilst pregnant, i had one at 23 weeks and spent 5 weeks in hospital on strict bed rest and being a nurse made it worse i was so itching to get home. Hang in there i bet you are doing amazing well!! they didn't think would make it pass 28 weeks and i am happy to say i am 35 weeks!! You just never know!
HOPe you get to go home real soon!!

#44 Peggiesue

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

4littleloves just read up on the posts and realised ur home thats fantastic! Hope your appointment goes well.
Congrats to all the new arrivals and the precious ones in NICU or special care hope they are home quickly for you!

#45 4Littleloves

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hey  again ..thanks peggiesue I am home and appointment went well...if I have another bleed they will most likely deliver baby then..if I make it another 2 week's ill be having a c/section on the 12/12/12 just to be on the safe side ...I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone ..am excited to finally meet this little person but sad that it coming to an end already ...arrrrah pregnancy hormones!!!! Haha now fingers and toes crossed that all goes well until then!!!!

Hey  again ..thanks peggiesue I am home and appointment went well...if I have another bleed they will most likely deliver baby then..if I make it another 2 week's ill be having a c/section on the 12/12/12 just to be on the safe side ...I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone ..am excited to finally meet this little person but sad that it coming to an end already ...arrrrah pregnancy hormones!!!! Haha now fingers and toes crossed that all goes well until then!!!!

#46 MuppetGirl

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Cletus - it is great to hear about the safe arrival of Molly original.gif congratulations.

4littleloves - 12/12/12 sounds like a perfect date!

#47 porkchop's mama

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

4littleloves - glad you're home.  Take care and all the best for 12/12/12.

natalia - yay for mat leave.  I went at 34 weeks and it was the right time for me.  I've only got around 4 productive hours each day and it would've been a disaster at work.  Plus, I've had a drama each week since I've been on leave.  Sprained an ankle in week 1 and have just gotten over gastro this week...

In other news...

36 weeks tomorrow and the bump is finally slowing me down.  Have a few things to go to this week but I'm shutting my social diary down from next week on.  Getting so tired these days and not really able to concentrate on much.  

We tidied up all the loose ends this week regarding car seat, breast bump, bath etc etc.  Have started batch cooking dinners for after bubs is born.  

We look like we're still on track for 26/12/2012.  The reality of labour is setting in.  Have been listening to my Circle and Bloom relaxation programme to get myself into a less fearful frame of mind.

My mum and aunty have been great to talk to this last week.  Shame that they're leaving tomorrow.  But mum will be back for at least a month after bubs is born.

Take care everyone!  It's going to be December in 3 days.

XXXX

#48 Marah'smom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Congrats on all the new arrivals wub.gif
Hope all the mums and bubs are doing well.

Finished work last week Friday @36 weeks and I've been busy ever since. Hubby busy painting the nursery now. Still have so much to do- bought all the big stuff, but that's about it! Feeling so tired tho, and like some of you mentioned as well, the nausea is back.

Hope all goes well with everyone over the next few weeks and love hearing about all the new arrivals. Both my girls were born at 38+4 days so I'm thinking this one probably won't wait for that "due date" either.

#49 4Littleloves

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Hi all..just popping in to say that after yet another bleed baby so
Beau Willem was born at 5.29 today ..6lb3oz ...
45cm ..mum doing well but bubs in special care with oxygen and slight wet lungs...hopefully better in morning so I can start feeding ...good decision to have birth as placenta was very very low xxxx hope all well will be waiting on more news soon

#50 Jlhb

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Congrats 4littleloves on beau's birth!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.