Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#51 Nutty nut

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Congrats 4 little loves, hope little Beau makes a speedy recovery so you can get on to some serious cuddles. Congrats Cletus and Frogcal too.

Me, I need to find me some of that nesting energy everyone keeps talking about. We've settled on DP's old house, so our place is just chaos with 2 lots of everything! Only 2 weeks to sort it all provided bubs doesn't come early. I'm dying for some of that put your feet up business that maternity leave was meant to be about.

#52 ~bluebird~

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Congratulations 4 littleloves, hope little Beau is doing better now.

Red nut- you sound busy, i just want to sleep all the time. Finally put the bassinet together yesterday and have been in pain ever since so glad i don't need to do too much atm.

#53 Kels22

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

congrats 4littleloves!!  He will be with you before you know it xx

#54 LunaTwilight88

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Congratulations 4littleloves, Hope your little Beau is doing better today.

#55 FourLittleLoves

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Congratulations on the arrival of Beau 4littleloves!

#56 steen2007

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hooray 4littleones on welcoming Beau. Hope he gets strong quickly.

#57 Stardusties

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

4Littleloves congratulations on the arrival of Beau, hope he get's to come home soon!

#58 4Littleloves

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Thanks everyone ..Beau is still in the nursery on a little oxygen but is going really well...he has even started waking/crying for his feeds which is great!I have had a few cuddles...and he is only a few steps away from my room which is great ..

Hope you can get sorted soon Red nut!!!!  That would be stressful for sure cxx

#59 Peggiesue

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Oh wow 4littleloves congrats thats great that Beau is improving hope it continues that way and you can all go home real soon!
Hope everyone else is doing well!!

#60 KiwiMelW

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hey ladies,  how are we all. just finished my first week off work and it was really awesome! the renovations are pretty much finished, got the new carpet in yesterday and this weekend will be hanging the new blinds and putting the finishing touches on the bathroom.

I feel so heavy at the moment and every night i go to bed i think to myself, is tonight the night.  I am so excited.

How is everyone else.

#61 KatieJess

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hello everyone! I have been keeping up with the chat threads but haven't had a lot of time to post. Just finished up work last Friday. Welcome to the new arrivals and special thoughts to those whose little ones need some extra care at the moment.
After a fairly uneventful pregnancy I had a routine obs appt on Monday and was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. It was off to hospital that evening to start the induction, then full steam ahead on Tuesday. Tuesday evening, after an obstructed labour, Matilda Emma was born via emergency caesarian section. She weighed 7lb14oz and is just perfect with a dark mop of hair. She is feeding and sleeping well and I'm starting to get back on my feet too!
Can't wait to hear of more arrivals in our little group. Best wishes everyone!

#62 steen2007

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Katiejess, welcome to Matilda, glad to hear things are going well.

Kiwimel, glad that the renos are coming to a close. I too go to bed wondering if this is the night.

Okay ladies it is now December so those left we can now have out Dec babies.

#63 natalia2482

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

4littleloves, congratulations on the birth of Beau. Hope he's doing much better now.

KatieJess, congratulations on the birth of Matilda!

It's December!!! Yay:) Hope everyone is doing well.

#64 Jlhb

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi Katie Jess congrats on the birth of Matilda!
Afm counting down the clock. Scheduled for a c sect 24th dec so she might be our little Christmas present yet.

#65 Peggiesue

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Congrats Katejess on Matilda!
yes its december bring on all the new arrivals before this heat gets any hotter!

#66 Kristy81

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi All,
I havent written in ages but have been keeping up with all the threads. Congrats to all that have had their bubs, hope all is going well, and extra thoughts go out to those babies who need some extra care.

AFM all has been going well, booked in for a c-section this Thursday the 6th. I will be 38 + 3. Having another c-section due to DS1 being 10 days overdue and being 10pd 11oz and I ended up with an emergency c-section. Just trying to get organised between now and then, last few chrissie presents to buy at the beginning of the week and try and have all my washing and housework up to date so that DH doesnt have to worry to much about it.

I will post again Thursday night or Friday and let you know how it goes. Belly rubs to all and hope we see some more bouncing bubbas soon.

Kristy wink.gif

#67 ~bluebird~

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Congratulations Katiejess, hope you are feeling better after the pre-eclampsia.

Yay for december, now to get these babies out...

#68 utopia_deb

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi all. I haven't posted in ages but have been regularly following everyone's updates.
Our baby, Harvey Lyndon, came into the world last Thursday via C section.  We are now home and enjoying the blur of round the clock feeds and sleep deprivation original.gif he is absolutely beautiful though so makes it easy being awake at 3am.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this special time

#69 Nutty nut

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Congrats Katiejess and utopia_Deb! Great names too: my niece is a Matilda and I had Harvey on my long list before the other half crossed it off.
Looking forward to a constant stream of announcements from now, keep them coming.
KiwiMel, I feel your pain. So glad to hear it will all be done in time for bubba, get some relaxation in while you can!

#70 FourLittleLoves

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Congratulations KateJess & Utopia_Deb! ppinkstork.gif  bbluestork.gif

I have up dated the list for your arrivals hopefully I got the dates right.

I am so very ready for it to be my turn!! But I'm not due until Friday and even then because I have been induced both other times I'm not so confident that my body knows how to go in to labour on its own. sad.gif

#71 Stardusties

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Congratulations on your safe arrivals KatieJess & Utopia_Deb!

I'm super excited to meet my little one already, but she's not actually due for another two weeks or so. The waiting is the worst part I think, especially with the start/stop labour I've been experiencing these last few days. DP is doing a trial for a mechanics apprenticeship this week though so I'm hoping she holds off until the weekend for us.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying these last few weeks of pregnancy happy.gif

#72 Bellefin

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Congratulations to those with new babies! Love hearing the news original.gif

Mrs Potatohead - I hear you. I have a big baby and a big bump and I get stared at EVERYWHERE. Everyone keeps saying I'll go early but DD was 1 hour 15 mins short of 41 weeks and that was with syntocinin to speed it up after my waters broke and then nothing happened. I think I'll be waiting another 4 weeks too because I just take longer to cook babies. Here's hoping though. The good birthdays are going rapidly baby!

So anyone trying any backyard induction techniques? I told Dr wasn't being artificially induced and he said he was happy to leave me for the moment. We calculated baby's weight plus another 200g/week for 4 more weeks plus error margin and at the very most she would be 4.3kgs at 41 weeks so that's not too big.

#73 Oma Desala

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Congratulations to Katie and Deb on the safe arrival of their little ones.

I saw on FB this morning where one of the girls from our Calmbirth class had ber son a couple of days ago. Very happy for her but envious at the same time as she was due a couple of days after me.

Bellefin, I've been having acupuncture for my back and sciatic pain but will be adding induction treatments into the session on Thursday. The last session I had got bubs really stirred up so hopefully it won't take too much.

DH gets home on Wednesday night  ddance.gif finally have him home for a decent amount of time (he has three months off)

Well my temper certainly has been shorter of late and while it's been nice to escape the heat at the shops I'm getting really tired of every man and his dog asking when I'm due or saying ,'geez, you must really be feeling the heat'. Here's a hint for you, when I pretend I didn't hear you the first time that is your cue to Go AWAY!  I suppose one could say I've become a little snippy  laughing2.gif

Hope everyone is fairing better.  Can't wait to hear more news of babies being born.

Love to all

#74 Brown_dog

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

So much action in the group! congrats to all who have had their little bundles!! so exciting.

Im 3 weeks away and just like kiwi - renos renos renos - we dont have any furniture in the house at the moment - but hopefully tomorrow we can start moving in them i am ready for baby to come anytime they want original.gif not that i have much baby stuff but i figure i can get it as i need it.  

had a Dr appointment today -just like Katiejess - uneventful pregnancy - but now my blood pressure is starting to creep up... hoping i can get it down before the next appointment as I was hoping for a no intervention labour/ birth ... just need to start relaxing i think

#75 Marah'smom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi ladies. Just a quick hello- congrats to all the new arrivals and hope you are all doing well.
My water broke yesterday evening so I'm in hospital now waiting for it all to start! Really don't want to be induced.  I'm 37 +4 wks, my other 2 were both at 38 weeks, so I had a feeling I wasn't going to make it till 20th. I didn't expect this week tho- my nursery isn't even finished yet! Oh well babies come when they're meant to.. yyes.gif happy.gif
So excited and scared at the same time. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.