How to clean paint from floorboards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I am beyond over the moon biggrin.gif , I decided to pull up some carpet (which had been peed, vomited and pooped on way too many times)  sick.gif  and discovered polished floorboards underneath - I can't believe it, I have been dealing with the gross carpet for several years without needing too!
However the floorboards have white paint over them, obviously the room was painted at some stage before carpet was laid and no drop sheets were used.  The floorboards are not supershiny polished more like a dull finish but without the white paint they would be perfectly fine to have as a floor and so much better than the crusty stinky carpet ut I am not sure how to remove the paint?

Any home handy people have any ideas? sugarsoap? metho? - I googled and it said to scrape it off or use babywipes but it is quite a lot of paint!

TIA

#2 Chelara

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Get them repolished. I think you'll have to now as it would've been like that for years.

#3 laridae

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Probably best to have it sanded & polished.  But if you want to just remove the paint, you could use a heat gun & scraper.

#4 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, can't afford the time or money at the moment to sand them, maybe next year, turns out most of the paint was on the edges where the heavy furniture is anyway so for now it's mostly covered and will just work at getting rid of a few splashes near the doorway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.