16 yo boy present ideas?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MakesMeHappy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I am after Christmas present ideas for my 16yo male cousin.

We are happy to spend $50-$70, but it can be under.

What I am finding hard is that he works full time (and earns a lot of money) so buys lots of things for himself. He is also very grown up from his age (read thinks he is older than he is)

I was thinking maybe aftershave or something like those lynx gift packs... Any other ideas???

Please original.gif

#2 CountryFeral

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Urgh.... for the sake of his poor parents and their poor noses don't get him a Lynx gift pack!

Isn't it all about iTunes cards these days?

#3 IBakeBoys

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

what about a gold class voucher for the moves?

#4 CupOfCoffee

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Maybe a lynx pack and an Itunes card (or PS3 card if he plays PS3).

My son has a specific lynx flavour he likes though (so you might need to find out from someone else which one he likes.

My teenage son is wanting a new phone, phone credit, hitman PS3 game.  I might also give him a voucher for a sports store (for some shoes).

#5 Charri36

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I have teen boys, so might be able to help.

Movie tickets are good, but don't waste your money with gold class ( they don't care about that) and would probably prefer 4 tickets too 'normal' class.

I wouldn't bother with an itunes card nor ps3 card. No teens I know bother with itunes cards, they tend to download and if it's more an indi type band, they buy the CD - whoodda think it?? To support the band. Or the bands often have free downloads.

I'd go a sports store voucher ( for shoes).

Can you ask his Mum? Has he got his learners permit yet? Maybe a driving lesson voucher?

You could ask his Mum where he like buying clothes and get him a voucher for that store.

If he like going to the beach or swimming, you could maybe buy him a beach towel ( from a brand he likes)

good luck!

#6 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 22/11/2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Urgh.... for the sake of his poor parents and their poor noses don't get him a Lynx gift pack!

I second this. Teenage boys tend to put on deodorant after they are dressed, spraying it all over themselves then walking around surrounded by a smelly aura. I would reccomend vouchers for either sports gear or clothes . This age/gender group are notoriously hard to buy for.

#7 frozie

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Charri36 @ 22/11/2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't bother with an itunes card nor ps3 card. No teens I know bother with itunes cards, they tend to download and if it's more an indi type band, they buy the CD - whoodda think it?? To support the band. Or the bands often have free downloads.

Think it depends on the teen.  My 16yo nephew always requests iTunes cards if he is asked what he wants   wink.gif

#8 mumto4boys

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I've got 4 boys aged 16 and up.

iTunes and lynx still get used quickly here.

#9 FiveAus

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

For a fitness fantatic, a gift voucher from WIGGLE.

I get them for my son, who is a marathon runner, as he can get high quality running gear at much lower costs than here. Plus they just have some really cool stuff for guys.

#10 catalyst

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Sports shop  voucher,  surf shop voucher.

#11 Feral_Pooks

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Jb hifi voucher
Wallet

Does he have an iPhone? One of those alarm clock docking stations or a nice case is a good gift.

#12 jadach

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

My DS16 always requests I tunes cards or JB hi fi cards.  Other gifts that have gone down well were a subscription to TOP GEAR magazine, any experience type gift eg: from adrenalin.com.au or redballoon.com.au, aftershave, and "brand name" t shirts.

#13 mez70

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

What about a voucher for some professional Driving lessons.. If he is a learner driver these would be very useful and appreciated..

#14 Feral Becky

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (mez70 @ 23/11/2012, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about a voucher for some professional Driving lessons.. If he is a learner driver these would be very useful and appreciated..

That's a great idea but it would only be one lesson.

I saw vouchers for XBox Live points at the post office. DS loves that. Or EB Games voucher, JB HiFI etc

Everyone else hates Lynx but teen boys love it

#15 Charlie & Lola

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Does he read? My teen loves to read you could get him something like The Passage and The Twelve by Justin Cronin.

#16 Harmonica

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I think a voucher to a gaming store, JB hifi or Itunes!

#17 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

- magazine subscription for something they are interested in (we bought my nephew a 1-year subscription to The Rolling Stone mag, he loved it)
- JB Hifi voucher
- iTunes voucher
- driving lessons
- amazon.com voucher (can buy all sorts of stuff there!)
- rebel sports voucher
- movie tix
- tix for him and friend to play skirmish/paintball (it's likely they can coerce other friends to join them)
- depending on where he lives (& how much you want to spend), tix to see a sporting match of some kind

We have recently bought nephew (now 17 and a bit) some cooking lessons at the local TAFE/community college thingy.  He'll be moving out of home soon to go to Uni and he recently mentioned not knowing how to cook unless it required heating up in the microwave.   rolleyes.gif

#18 -*meh*-

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

my nephew is 15 and i am getting him a pre-paid visa card...

he does most his purchasing online so any cash he gets he just gives to my sister and swipes her card so he can get what he wants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.