having moles on face lasered this arvo
need moral support!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm having 3 moles lasers this arvo, one on my face, (right at the top of my nose) and two less conspicuous ones. And I've just realised that I'm a little bit scared about the one on my face... OK, on verge of panic attack. Help! Anyone else had this done? I need reassurance!!!

#2 BetteBoop

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

DH has had more BCCs removed than anyone I know. He's had them taken surgically and by burning.

The best outcomes are when they're burnt off. A few days of redness and then nothing - and some of the moles have been quite big and deep.

You'll be fine.

#3 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks BB, that's what I need to hear original.gif I didn't think I was panicking, but now DD is having a nap, I'm sitting here on the couch working myself up. Will give myself a stern talking to and find something useful to do instead!

#4 gettheetoanunnery

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

No - I haven't had this done - but my mother did.

She had four removed from her face - two forehead one chin and one on cheek.

She said there was a little discomfort, claiming it was like being gently thwacked with an elastic band but for her, the worst bit was the smell.
This was over a decade ago - so the procedure has probably been refined further.

You will be fine - don't panic.
Stress, elevated cortisol is bad for your health ya know!

Calm thoughts and all will be well

Go to your happy place.
Which should have mai-tais and cabana boys.
Mute cabana boys.

#5 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

I know I know, it's not a major procedure. I will attempt the happy place thing. I think mine involves a clean house and a sleeping baby!

#6 BetteBoop

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

DH said he didn't feel a thing. They used a bit of gel beforehand to numb him.

Are they benign moles OP?

#7 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yep, all benign. Just getting bigger as i get older, and the one on my face sticks out and hurts when i bump it.

#8 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

OK, so it wasn't so bad in the end! The injection of the local anasthetic was WAY more painful than the actual lasering (I had some with and some without). If I ever have it done again I won't bother with the local. I now have some lovely bleeding dots on my face, but generally feeling pretty good. original.gif

#9 BetteBoop

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Good to hear. I've got a few on my face and I've been tossing up whether to get them done or not.

#10 Escapin

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well, if I had them done 10 years ago when they were much smaller, i wouldn't be sitting on the couch with large bleeding spots now! (Just small spots, which probably would have stopped bleeding by now.)

So, I would recommend getting them done sooner rather than later. It was expensive though, $850!!! But I should get most of it back on medicare (I hope).

#11 YoBagaBaga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Escapin I have some moles on my face I wouldn't mind getting rid off! Was it done by a dermatologist?

#12 Charri36

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

YoBagabaga, me too, I have a yukky big one on the side of my face - I don't like my hair up as you can see it.

Please OP, tell us more about it when your feeling up to it. Thanks, and glad it went OK.

#13 gettheetoanunnery

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Glad it all went well Escapin!

You actually prompted me into action - I booked in to have my revolting plantar wart removed.

Heres to happy places, eh?

#14 Therese

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm glad it all went well original.gif

#15 ednaboo

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I had two facial moles removed by a plastic surgeon by incision (they weren't suitable for laser as they would have grown back!).  It cost $160 for initial appt (there was a rebate), then $700 for the removal.  I got $200 back so was out of pocket for $500.  FWIW the first mole cost $640 and the 2nd was only $60, so I'm glad I got them both done at once.  I'm very happy with the results.

Edited by ednaboo, 23 November 2012 - 12:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.