New beauty salon in W.A
Best way too get the word out there?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Candyley

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi guys,

So a week ago we opened a new beauty salon in Perth, it used to be a salon before we took it over but as far as I understand it was not the best of salons so didn't have too many clients to hand over.  It is in a prime location, lots of traffic etc but really just want to get the word out there again that it is under new management and hs re opened.

So far we have done lots of brochure and a specials voucher mail box drop off around the local areas, looking into doing a scoopon, thinking of maybe starting a business fb page?  We have decent signage out the front and thinking of doing an add in the local newspaper?

Do you know of any other great ways to reel the clients back in?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

#2 Jacina

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Shizella @ 23/11/2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

So a week ago we opened a new beauty salon in Perth, it used to be a salon before we took it over but as far as I understand it was not the best of salons so didn't have too many clients to hand over.  It is in a prime location, lots of traffic etc but really just want to get the word out there again that it is under new management and hs re opened.

So far we have done lots of brochure and a specials voucher mail box drop off around the local areas, looking into doing a scoopon, thinking of maybe starting a business fb page?  We have decent signage out the front and thinking of doing an add in the local newspaper?

Do you know of any other great ways to reel the clients back in?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

where is it?

#3 CoFFeELoVe

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Networking with other small businesses on FB? I know they have ones for Perth..Mums in business that sort of thing? Maybe they would have some good ideas.

But what you said sounds good. Maybe Under New Management type ads? Opening specials?

Try advertising in places where there are likely to be lots of mums?

I avoid those scoopon deals.

Where in Perth are you?

#4 Candyley

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks guys.

We are located in Vic Park right on the cafe strip.

Yeah I think we need to get the word out that it is under new mangement.
Exactly I am a bit hesitant to be honest on doing a scoopon deal.

#5 SeaPrincess

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Put a post in the WA thread.
Window signage - get bright, fresh 'Under new management' signs painted on the windows.
Have you changed the name/look of the salon? Changing its appearance would make a difference as people will notice it.

Speak to the post office about a post-box leaflet drop.  I used to work for a training company that would do drops into post boxes to locate companies looking for trainees.  You'll get a lot of local businesses whose employees might be looking for somewhere convenient as well as local residents.

Do you do hair?  I am on the lookout for a new hairdresser and Vic Park is quite convenient - I have handy babysitters nearby.

#6 Candyley

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise it in the WA thread???
No we don't do hair unfortunately sad.gif we do hair removal and lots more original.gif)))

#7 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'd set up a FB page. Then join the EB WA Mum's on FB and ask the girls to share it on their pages for you original.gif

#8 Candyley

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thanks Bwok-Bwok,  I don't really "know" anyone here in eb land from W.A, its hard to tak about it on the WA thread as it will b seenas advertising I guess.

I think a fb page is a good idea.

#9 CoFFeELoVe

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

When you set up your FB page, there is a link in the WA area for our WA EB mums FB page. It's in the meet up thread original.gif

#10 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Bwok-Bwok, I don't really "know" anyone here in eb land from W.A, its hard to tak about it on the WA thread as it will b seenas advertising I guess.

No not on here - EB won't allow your to advertise. Link your FB page to the EB FB page. It has the WA EB members on it. original.gif

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 23 November 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#11 causeway

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Package deals...

Bring a friend deals.... include glass of champagne, cheese, fruit???

Do you do late nights?

Perhaps have a monthly special.... special pricing for making bookings on slow days

Similar to coffee cards.... buy 5, get one free etc. Or spend $500 get 10% off, sort of thing.

The BEST marketing tool I have seen used by a Beauty Therapist is to have a gift voucher special. This salon had a buy minimum $100 of gift vouchers and you got $100 free. So, basically half price. Catch was they had to be used within a specified timeframe ie: 3 months and could only be used by the person who's name was on it, so no giving them away. It means that you get the money sitting in your account and guaranteed business through the door. People bought $1000 gift vouchers... it was amazing and she did it twice a year to encourage business during slow times.

If you make your conditions clear, this could work for you and generate new business.

Good luck

#12 Giota

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Have you thought about offering infuencial people {bloggers, newspaper, local magazine} to have a free blow dry/ up do or even cut. I was recently invited by the Blow Dry Bar to experience their new store and if I like it, I can write about it!

A local salon in my area does facebook sales with gift vouchers as the above poster wrote. Check out their facebook page and look at what other hairdressers are doing. Facebook is essential these day!

Try not to cut prices but add value.

#13 Candyley

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Wow thank ou so much everyone.

I have sent a request to the WA EB FB page what an awesome idea!

So we do open late evenings and I have had made some of those loyalty "coffee" type cards too.
Causewa that is a fabulous idea about the gift vouchers, do you know if people could buy them for others or were you saying the vouchers had to have their own numbr on them?

Wolongongirl is it best to ring or write to writers etc?

#14 SeaPrincess

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I've just had an email from my beauty salon - buy 3 or more gift vouchers for Christmas and get a free Back & Shoulder Massage or Microdermabrasion Facial. Limited time to purchase.    Possibly better for you than a buy 1 get 1 free.

#15 beaglebaby

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Avoid scoopon etc as you rarely get return customers and I have heard of companies having trouble getting money from the promoter:(

See if the local schools have a christmas raffle coming up and donate a voucher, it is a great way to get some cheap publicity with your target audience.

#16 causeway

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yes, you could buy for others... Eg. I could get my mum a $100 voucher, but give her 2x $100 so she didnt have to spend it all in one hit. I think the reason behind min $100 was so people had premium luxury services, not just a wax & mani! Good luck

#17 BRB

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

FB page for sure. It's also a great way to
Keep your clients up to date with upcoming specials etc.
I personally think scoopon etc is a great way to get clients in the door and winning them over - if they are happy with ur service they will come back, however scoopon take a big cut so try some if the other guys and I've heard you can negotiate. In saying that I believe these companies take 35-50% so maybe ud be better off doing a super dooper opening special - $30 facials,$50 pedi's etc, that way the $ isI all yours and locals can try your services.  
Word of mouth is the best so a referral offer for clients or bring a friend deals work well. I'd also offer the girls in the local hairdressing salon a free or Half price treatment - they are likely to spread the word for you original.gif good luck

#18 neddyteddy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

I have a salon as well, I would avoid scoopon as other have suggested. It usually attracts bargain hunters that never return. THey take make you advertise a service at half price then take half of that... i.e. you end up with $25 for a $100 treatment. It is impossible to keep high stands up with these cuts. Value add rather than discount. Referral schemes are a great incentive. Word of mouth is your most powerful tool.

Do a launch night, get your skincare company involved. Hopefully they have a skin scanner and you can do extensive consultations for you clients and get them onto your skincare if that is your passion. Promote what you love and the rest should follow.

Best of luck original.gif

#19 Candyley

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Thank you all so much for the helpful replies I'm truly grateful.

Fb page is now up and running!

I love the bring a friend idea and a free treatment with gift vouchers, such great ideas, word of mouth is the best thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.