Skip hop backpack...
Too small for kinder?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bearynice

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi! Looking to get my boys backpacks for 3 years old kinder next year. Was looking at skip hop ones... But wondering if they are too small?
Anyone got good or bad things to say about them?
Or can recommend a good bag for kinder?

#2 wonder woman

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

We use a Macpac Mini Mac or Dabbawalla backpack.

#3 noi'mnot

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

My 2 year old has a skip hop backpack for daycare. I'm not sure how much you're meant to take to kinder, but if they need lunch and changes of clothes that might just fit. It's not a huge bag. There's a pocket on the side for a water bottle.

I'm not happy with hers, though, as the zip broke a few weeks after purchasing it. Seller was interstate so I'm not interested in the bother of returning it (bought it at a market, too, so I don't have the receipt). I'm not sure if this is a regular issue with them or we just got a dodgy one.

#4 sparkles30

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm happy with ours. Lunch is transported in a cold pack so doesn't need to go in bag. Perfect size for pre-school clothes and a few bits and pieces and not too big on my 3-year-old's back.

#5 AliC05

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

We use a skip hop bag for DS at daycare and recently bought another to replace the nappy bag.

They aren't a huge bag so it would depend on how much you would need to fit in.

For daycare (the bee bag) we can easily fit a change of clothes, hat, sunnies, suncream, aeroguard, ventolin +spacer

For going out bag (giraffe) I can JUST fit a cooler bag, nappies, wipes (in the front pocket), nappy bags, hat and sunscreen

Is there any way you can get to a shop that sells them and have a look? (I bought mine online interstate).

#6 dae-gu

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

We have one - but I found it too small for pre-scchool. We now take it as our playgroup bag, and I use a larger bag for preschool. So I'd recommend getting a bigger bag......but we do still take our matching skip hop lunch bag to preschl and its held up well all year:)

#7 Bearynice

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting the matching lunchbox thing ( which then can just clip on so don't need to fit lunch in there)
Bag just need to fit change of clothes/hat etc. I'm sick of carrying all the stuff around for two three year olds.. So figure if they get a cute bag they might be more inclined to carry it!
Smash ( that make lunch boxes/drink bottles etc) also make a similar one. The lunchbox slides in front pocket of that one.
Not as many cute designs with theirs though (ladybug/bee/crocodile/shark)
Might have to find a store so I can go in and inspect. Thanks again.

#8 sparkle77

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

We use one for 4yo preschool.  We carefully fold up and stuff the front pocket with a change of clothes. the main bag only fits her Stephen Joseph sized lunchbox.  her drink bottle goes in the pocket.

just right for a tiny preschooler, but it won't be big enough for big school next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.