Very Discouraged :(
More of a diet vent I guess

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Katemeister

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I started doing tony ferguson shakes about 2 weeks ago. For the record I don't intend to do this long term, it's more to kick start my weight loss journey before moving onto a lifestyle change.
I have also been exercising just about every day.
And how much have I lost? A lousy 400 grams!
I'm very disappointed that my hard work is not showing on the scales sad.gif
I'm not going to give up but it might be time to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for reading original.gif

#2 blackcat20

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

But has your size changed? Exercise adds muscle which adds weight. It's not all about what the scales show

#3 Escapin

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

You need to write down some measurements - around your waist, thighs, top of your arms. And then re-measure each week. It's a much better way to track progress than your weigtht. Good luck original.gif

#4 cantthinkofone

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

How often are you having the shakes?

#5 Katemeister

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

One for breakfast, one for lunch with a big salad, a banana or protein bar for morning tea, cruskits and Vegemite for afternoon tea,
Normal dinner but smaller portion and no dessert.
Drinking lots of water but I do have a coffee and coke zero each day.

#6 Roobear

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

According to a quick google search... the shakes have 25grams of sugar per serve? If that is correct that is a lot of sugar for a drink... so you are having two plus a protein bar. That would be over 50 grams of sugar just on the shakes and bars.

If you want to do shakes go into a health store and buy protein powder than have low sugar....
What are you having for dinner? I would try and have a serve of protein with salad/veg rather than any pasta/rice/potato/bread etc

You could also try tracking your calories to give you a more accurate picture of actually how much you are eating...

Good luck original.gif

#7 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I started TF but ended up doing 12wbt.  

Also if your period is due, that can affect your weight by up to 1.5kg.

#8 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Get Vital Pea Protein powder,  most health food shops have it. Zero sugar. Keep your calories under 1200 a day. Cut out anything white and eat back to front. Healthy breakfast, smaller lunch, salad for dinner without the dressing, unless it's loooow calorie.

If it doesn't  walk, swim or grow don't eat it / drink it (protein powder excluded)

#9 ~Peahen~

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

I second the vital pea protein, it's nice to see another pea protein user out there cuddlesnkisses  happy.gif

#10 netballgirls

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Vegemite is very salty - makes me retain water and gerkins too, try cruskits, cottage cheese and tomato.

Edited by netballgirls, 24 November 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#11 Katemeister

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will definitely seek out the vital pea protein and stopping the TF shakes as of today. Funny that because its a "diet" product you assume it's going to be low in sugar huh.gif

#12 Guest_~Songbird~_*

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Lose the protein bar. It is a myth also that you need to consume a lot more calories when exercising, you don't unless it 2 hrs a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.