present ideas for dh

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 imamumto3

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I hate buying for men and dh seems especially hard to buy for.  all he has asked for is some golf stuff that he has to choose, which will cost about $50.  he always asks everyone for bunnings vouchers.  but I have no other ideas.  he has no hobbies or special interests.

to make it harder, he always buys me a smaller present from each child, about $25-$40 each and then a large one from him, so 4 presents all up.

any suggestions?

#2 ResultsNotTypical

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Would he go for a men's package at a spa? Or a couples package? So you can help him stay comfortable, and maybe, you know, get massage yourself, too.    wink.gif

#3 Monroe

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

My DH is a PITA to buy for. Each year I have got him tools or something for his car.
He needs a new wallet, but is so picky. He loves hats, but only certain colors, he needs clothes but only certain styles & he hates the latest mens fashion so trying to find him clothes is a nightmare.

I think it'll be a super cheap voucher again this year.

#4 Julie3Girls

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

If you want small stuff from the kids to wrap ...
- something to eat or drink - favourite chocolate or treat, bottle of wine, or even a 6 pack of fancy beer
- clothes - sounds boring, but my DH hates shopping for clothes, so at least if I get him some for Christmas I have something to wrap and he doesn't have to go shopping original.gif

I always have trouble shopping for DH as well. Doesn't help that he tells he doesn't want anything, that I don't need to buy for him.
Sometimes I let the kids choose what to buy - I think last year he ended up with a grass rake (old one was broken), a bright pink tape measure, and a torch with some chocies.

I've actually got a fair bit for him this year - new wallet, dvds, jigsaw puzzle, PS3 game. Still need to get a tshirt and some chocies and he is done.

#5 girltribe4

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Tickets to a show/movie ?

I have bought DH 3 tickets to the Illusionists for Christmas this year , he can take our 2 middle girls as they all love magic biggrin.gif

#6 Melly_trish

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

This year I have arranged DH to go on a deep sea fishing adventure. Win for me cause it is booked for 23rd December and any catch can be cooked for Christmas.  If he is into golf - maybe look at Pro golf lessons, or look at a magazine subscription. I always find DH the hardest to buy for.

#7 Bedge

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I was going to say clothes too. I know it's a bit ho hum ... although my DH actually loves clothes for Christmas! For the fussy DH, it's always good to keep it simple .. some good polo shirts, maybe some shorts ect

My Mum got DH a pair of black, very baggy, longish basketball type shorts last year for Christmas and he looooves them.

I also get DH a 'smell' each year, or a nice after shave balm.

Also .. have you had a look www.redballoon.com.au? Maybe, you could pick out something nice for you both to do together in the New Year?

#8 cward

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Last year I got my DP a night out at a hotel in the city.  He usually does a few days at the cricket so I timed it around that and he came from the cricket to the hotel.  Win for me too because I got a night away as well.  We are making it a tradition so he kows he is gettig it (if he remembers) but doesnt know where it will be.

I usually get him a couple of shirts/shorts and a book to go with it

#9 Sezzy1234

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

This year i got DH...
A top Gear coffee mug (from ebay)
New shirt
Some undies
A Bear Grilles survival torch
and some chocolate

Last year he got a ride on a stunt plane (booked through Red Balloon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.