EBers time to start a rain dance... clothes optional!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Allie_D

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Ok EBers, I know some parts of Aus have had rain, but it's time to start the rain dances up again for us down south, we're nearly out of water!!  It has been sooooo long since it rained here and the tanks are just about dried up.  And that means buying in water.  The cost doesn't bother me, but the water quality does!

So everyone, just a few minutes of rain dancing outside would be much appreciated.  Clothing optional!!

ETA- Rain dance instructions here!

Edited by Allie_D, 26 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#2 Soontobegran

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Oh dear sad.gif
Where are you OP? Tanks are still pretty full around these parts.
I just heard there is rain on the way....fingers crossed you'll get some.

#3 raven74

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I can swirl each breast in a different direction - will that impress the rain deities?

#4 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Just rained in Adelaide and my kids did a rain dance in it lol

#5 Jenferal

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

It impresses me!

#6 Jenferal

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

My mum is part of a craft (stamping) group, all 'women of a certain age' as she calls it. And a few years ago, at a gathering, they DID do a rain dance. Some of them anyway, tops off and all.
Must have been a sight to see!Drought did break a few months later though...

#7 BadCat

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Getting on down to rain related songs as I type.  Rain should be along sometime before midnight on some non-specified date in the future.  No need to thank me.

#8 madmother

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I hear ya! We are on tank water and have already bought a delivery of two tanker loads this season.

Am debating ordering the next 2 loads as I type.

RAIN! COME ON DOWN...
eexcite.gif

#9 fiveforme

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yep, we'll be joining you, desperately need rain here. We have already bought one load of water, got a bit of rain which put some good water back into the tank but that is quickly disappearing plus the paddocks are dry and need a good fall of rain, don't think the farmers nearby trying to harvest will be dancing with us though.

#10 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hang on, I'll just go out and wash the car - that ALWAYS works.

#11 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Blow the rain dance instructions, I'd like to know how to swirl a breast in a different direction? Mine are well long and rubbery nowadays and should be easy to swirl, but different directions? Impressive.

Rain, Go get your hair cut and (this is the important bit) blow dried - that'll do the trick.

#12 Lyn29

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I had to buy a load of water just last week, so yes, bring on the rain!

#13 Zesty

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Where "down south" are you?! I am lamenting ANOTHER wet day here in the south of Victoria.

#14 Allie_D

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (raven74 @ 26/11/2012, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can swirl each breast in a different direction - will that impress the rain deities?

roll2.gif  Just don't go swirling anti-clockwise, that sends the rain away!!

We're in Central Victoria.  It hasn't rained here for over 4 months.  We had to start bringing in water 2 weeks ago for the animals etc but we're down to low on the house tanks.  It was looking promising last night and this morning, but the whole lot only equated to about 2-4mm!

#15 Allie_D

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Jenflea @ 26/11/2012, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mum is part of a craft (stamping) group, all 'women of a certain age' as she calls it. And a few years ago, at a gathering, they DID do a rain dance. Some of them anyway, tops off and all.
Must have been a sight to see!Drought did break a few months later though...

Yes I remember all the ladies of Ouyen up near Mildura did a nude rain dance to help break the drought.  That's why I put clothes optional, incase any of them were reading this roll2.gif

#16 BadCat

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Well my rain dance worked here anyway.  Your results may vary.

#17 raven74

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

It's all in the shoulders, girls biggrin.gif  
Could do with some moisture here in Perth too.  
Moisture.
Ew.

#18 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (BadCat @ 27/11/2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my rain dance worked here anyway.  Your results may vary.

i thought of you as i was walking home from the bus stop and it started pouring rain on me and ethan! i liiterally  thought "damn you badcat!" laughing2.gif

#19 BadCat

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

roll2.gif

#20 RainRain

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm posting because I'm hoping my user name and my profession (water scientist) will bring a good omen to the cause [concentrates hard]

#21 Missy Shelby

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (raven74 @ 26/11/2012, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mighty impressive!! biggrin.gif  I certainly think that will bring on a down pour!!

#22 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well it's pouring in Perth this morning!

Hope you get some soon OP!

#23 kadoodle

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

We had thirty points yesterday, but now it's hot and steamy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.