Is this enough?
WDYT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#1 lafonda

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Done.

Edited by lafonda, 27 November 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#2 JRA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Do you have triplets?

#3 Charlies Angel

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Too much.

I'd save some for Christmas.

#4 Funwith3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sooooo.....I want to know what he's getting for Christmas?

#5 Kafkaesque

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I tend to go OTT on presents for my kids but that seems like a lot to me even, especially for a 4 year old.

#6 BetteBoop

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

OP, will you adopt me  wink.gif

#7 Lyra

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

My daughter gets one big thing from us each birthday and that is it. At three it was a bike. At four we got her a clock radio with the ability to put CDs on it. Can't remember for five and six LOL but for her seventh birthday she got a scooter. She gets something smaller like a dvd or a book from her brother

That present list looks more like a Christmas list to me

#8 Expelliarmus

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

That's a bit OTT ... That's a birthday and most of Christmas!

#9 TenOfSwords

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Charlies Angel @ 26/11/2012, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too much.

I'd save some for Christmas.

This.

#10 bakesgirls

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think that's more than enough. He's turning 4. I doubt he'll feel as though he's hard done by with a few less things.

Edited by bakesgirls, 26 November 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#11 lafonda

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nope no triplets. Guess I will stop shopping. Xmas is a bit more than this.

#12 Wahwah

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

My kids would like you to adopt them. They are looking forward to seeing what Santa brings too.

They get one big present (e.g the rollerblades on your list) and then maybe a couple of books.

So...I reckon you've got enough.

#13 cinnabubble

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

That looks like Christmas to me. My poor daughter turned six in October and all she got was a bike, helmet and some books.

#14 rob6712col

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Way to much, one, maybe 2 presents for birthday and about what you have there from Santa for christmas. Just remember they expect bigger and better each year, start off slow.....

#15 shacols

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

My son is 5 in a few days he is getting
Skylanders three pack
a single sky lander
ninjago figures x 2
Ninjago watch
2 swords
puzzle game
ps3 game
dvd x 2
bubble gun
hat
spider man toy
plus from my mum
ds games x 2
skate bord
board game
fish with fish bowl
t shirt
nerf
and a few lego kits

#16 cinnabubble

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

You win, shacols.

#17 lafonda

He asked for 1 car and 1 wrestler so I don't necessarily agree they expect more and more.

Thanks for the feedback.

#18 Monkey_Mind

How about a helmet and knee and elbow pads to go with the rollerblades? You left a card off the list too

FWP

#19 The Old Bag

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Unbelievable. Where do people PUT all this stuff??

#20 cinnabubble

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

That's why they neeeeeed two bedrooms per person and three living areas in their mcmansions.

#21 lafonda

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

DS has one bedroom, seems to fit his toys just fine

#22 EssentialBludger

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Looks fine to me. My kids usually get the same amount of stuff if not more. ph34r.gif We go OTT at birthdays and christmas, we don't generally buy toys or anything throughout the year.

#23 shacols

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

oh wow i thought what the op posted was about the norm for most people. We live in a small three bedroom house my boys share a room. I must admit my husband do go without to get our kids stuff, but disagree about it making them want more.

#24 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

OP I don't think its OTT. Most of what you listed isn't really big items. A few books, DVDs, a slide and roller blades plus protective gear.

Maybe it's the way you itemised it that has made it look like a lot to some.

#25 kpingitquiet

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Holy wow. Yeah, that'd cover bday, xmas, and probably more, for us. Our kid just turned 2 and all she got from us was a play kitchen, play food and a few pots to go with it, and a book.

Does your child not have grandparents, aunts, uncles etc around? We'd likely get her more stuff if she wasn't inundated by a truckload of gifts from her eight grandparents, and others. We just find she gets more enjoyment out of things when she doesn't have hundreds to choose from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.