Holiday plans

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Anyone have anything planned for these school/christmas holidays yet? I need ideas lol.

#2 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

no one? how very boring you all are  tongue.gif

#3 Princess Bubblegum

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I do have plans, but I don't know if it will help you.

We have booked a house for 10 nights at Moreton Island with friends. I CAN NOT wait!

Reasons why I can not wait:
1) Ten days of sun (I hope), sand, water, and relaxation!
2) Having a beer or two or three at lunch, on the beach, and being able to walk home.
3) The possibility of having a post-beer, post-lunch nana-nap
4) My beautiful family all together
5) Hanging out with my awesome friends for 10 days

Reasons this may not help you:
1) I don't know where you live
2) You will need a 4WD and I don't know if you have one
3)  I'm fairly sure the accommodation is booked out

#4 SeaPrincess

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

We're not going anywhere.
The children might do a couple of days of Kidz n Sport in January, but otherwise, we are just looking forward to not having to be somewhere.

#5 boatiebabe

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Not going anywhere!

We live on the beach so it's kind of silly to go and spend a crap load of money to rent a house at another beach.

We will have a house full of visitors though - which I'm looking forward to.

Also, pretty much all the adults in our street have about two weeks off over Christmas/New Year which means lots of beach parties, bonfire nights, street cricket, impromptu barbecues, the odd glass of wine/cocktail that starts at lunchtime that stretches through until dinner when we start scrambling for take away menus etc.

Oh and a big Christmas Eve street party.

My favourite time of the year to be at home!

#6 Duck.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

DP has a week off so more than likely a day at rockingham beach and freo markets.

I would love to take DD for a picnic at arulan (spelling?)

#7 Gloriana

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

We will be in Esperance in Jan  biggrin.gif .
Nothing else planned.

#8 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

none of you are any help lol. Though I do like the idea of a little picnic with the kids.

#9 ~ky~

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hiding from the in-laws  wink.gif

DH has told them we are going away for Christmas. Truth of the matter is, we're staying at home and we don't even know yet whether DH has any time off or whether he has to be at the mine as part of the skeleton crew over the break.

I'm planning on taking the kids on a 3 day trip to Kalgoorlie so they can see where Daddy is 1/3 of their lives.

Other than that ... the occasional trip to aqua jetty, playing in parks, pj days at home etc

#10 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ky you must be close to me if you are near the aqua jetty, what parks do you find good in the area? I like fantasy park but am hoping I can find some within walking distance for some of them.

#11 ~ky~

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I'm in Port Kennedy.

We're going to check out City Park in Rockingham, we love Fantasy Park, we love the Quarry Adventure Park in Mandurah, we love riding our bikes/scooters (me walking) along the Port Kennedy foreshore from Bayeaux Ave to the park at the southern end - other than that, the kids are actually more than happy to play on some of the more "boring" playgrounds dotted around the suburb!

Of course, the Rocky foreshore and Mandurah foreshore are favourites as well.

#12 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

the Quarry Adventure Park is awesome isn't it? The kids has a blast when we went there last. I am hoping Warnbro Library will be running some things again like they were last holidays.

#13 ~ky~

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I haven't been to anything at the library - I really should check it out! We go to borrow books after school sometimes but have never thought to see if anything is on there ...

#14 Feral Madam Mim

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

We do story time there most weeks (depending on appointments, sick children etc lol), last holidays they had scitech there (was too old for my kids though), and we went to a bed time stories thing where the kids were all given hot chocolates and a biscuit and sat down together to read some stories.

#15 Fabulous

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

We are staying home, everything is too expensive and busy over the Christmas period. We live near the beach so I don't really have any desire for a beach holiday. We are going to Hong Kong on 16 January but that is when the off-peak travel period starts.

#16 CountryBumpkin

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hubby works away so we will probably be sitting around the pool for the majority of summer, and down at Preston beach or Tim's thickett fishing and swimming for the rest of the time. In between golf of course lol.

#17 mad3under3

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is my first lot of school hoildays while down in Rockingham but so far my list is

-"trek" up to Subi some weekends and listen to their live music weekend sessions. We have been going for a few summers and it's well worth going along with a packed dinner.

- The nature reserve place on safety bay road has a movie under the stars Sat nights, so we are going to check those out to.

- We boat, so we are planning to adventure to penguin island. Pretty sure they run trips over, might make for a good day.  

- I have been saving all our boxes, containers etc so we plan to make a mega robot in the holidays to ;p because that's just soooo cool when you have 3 boys

- and finally,,,, i think i will be forced to camp these holidays.

Forgot to ad, the local library said they may be doing a tee shirt decorating day, a small petting farm and something else which i cant remember, but it will be up on their website when the days are confirmed.

Edited by mad3under3, 05 December 2012 - 09:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.