Cruel or funny?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

EB decides.

Someone on FB posted this earlier.  I literally cried with laughter, as did DD.  DS13 did not approve and thought it was cruel.

Your thoughts?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151335510527386

#2 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Disclaimer - I truly hope it's not cruel, but they did this to themselves, and, well, it's bloody funny.

#3 A.K.A

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm not sure that I think it's cruel, but I don't think it's funny either. Meh.

#4 Kafkaesque

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Link doesn't work for me.

#5 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Really?  Not even a small titter?

sad.gif

Oh, I think you do need to be on FB to see it, sorry.

#6 roses99

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (A.K.A @ 26/11/2012, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure that I think it's cruel, but I don't think it's funny either. Meh.

Yeah, me too.

I don't know that the mice would have found it too funny.

#7 CallMeFeral

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

One for cruel. Did this to themselves how?

#8 roses99

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (LeChatNinjah @ 26/11/2012, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really?  Not even a small titter?

I wouldn't say I laughed. But I did smile a bit  wink.gif

#9 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

They did run fast!

#10 Relish*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ew, cruel.

#11 mini mac

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Oh my goodness. That is HILARIOUS! Makes me think of that cartoon movie about a hero dog with the fat hamster??? Oh yeah, BOLT!! Like the mice are running a commentary while they, well, run!! Bahahahaha!

Poor little buggers tho, I would've liked to have seen if they were ok once they stopped.

Hopefully their owners slowed the contraption down so they couldn't spin sooooo fast.

#12 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

I've had many various rodent pets in my time and without fail they seem to like to test the limits of their toys.  Hopefully these ones learned, as mine did, that it doesn't bode well to run TOO fast on things, or build towers TOO tall to leap off.

THey're smart li'l critters and do learn things pretty quickly.

#13 A.K.A

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

If someone has caused it, then yeah I think it's cruel.

#14 ~shannon~

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Sorry, I'm not smiling. Feeling sorry for them, so it's cruel to me.

#15 Tofu Puff

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Rodents are smart. They knew what they were doing. (unless there was vodka in the water).

Lighten the **** up.

#16 The Cat's Me-Wow

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Well it's after midnight here, so my reasoning skills may be a little fuzzy, but I laughed. A lot.

Mind you, I was raised with a pretty black sense of humour.

#17 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

They know how to stop it.  They know how to get off and on it.

I do think, perhaps, after seeing this, that the owners should maybe slow down the wheel a tad, but they really did look like they were enjoying it.  

I took my DD on her first rollercoaster recently - a very tall, wooden, rattly scary thing.  I was sh*t scared, she was sh*t scared, but we got off the thing smiling going WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!

#18 CCLady

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Funny  ph34r.gif

#19 The Cat's Me-Wow

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

About half way through, when one's getting a ride while the other was running... Reminded me of riding roundabouts with my sister as a kid, with run hanging on yelling at the other to spin it faster and faster...

To my mind, they're not 'trapped' in the toy. They can stop, start and get off it whenever they like.

#20 A.K.A

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

This contest is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LWhNpTJU

Edited by A.K.A, 27 November 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#21 mini mac

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (The Cat's Me-Wow @ 26/11/2012, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To my mind, they're not 'trapped' in the toy. They can stop, start and get off it whenever they like.

True!

#22 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Nah, man getting hit by football wasn't funny at all.

biggrin.gif

#23 *Mrs_Cullen*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

I am a lover of animals..especially mice and I laughed my a$$ off.

Its their toy and they looked like they enjoyed it. Great work out for them.

#24 bakesgirls

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

It seems I am in the minority that thinks it's cruel.

#25 I'm Batman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

After having rodents I think they enjoy it. Its far more entertaining and happy for them then sitting in a cage all day.

I'm going for funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.