Little thank you #46

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

SO I DESERVED some good news right?
I really did.
ANd I got it.
Call from my lawyer this morning - MIL et all have withdrawn action regarding the D & D payout and have agreed to pay costs to date. My solicitor reckons theres had and quiet word and told them the chance of them winning was a snowball in hell and they needed to back off before it got really nasty.
MIL has agreed to my suggestion of a family mediation to set some ground rules to ensure there is a continuing relationship with the children AND that means.......
I am leaving on a jet plane and I won't be back again leaving on a.....
Well actually it will be a moving truck but snowy region here we come!!!!

Edited by 3Keiki, 28 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Batmansunderpants

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

That is awesome news! I'm glad your MIL took the advice given. Best of luck with your move.

#3 *Lib*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

What a relief!

#4 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

That is wonderful news! What a load off your shoulders. S pleased for you original.gif

#5 Etienne

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Very pleased to hear this news original.gif

#6 Cranky Kitten

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

So pleased to hear it! Wishing you all the best with the move original.gif

#7 PrincessPeach

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Time to do the Happy Dance!!!

I'm very glad that the solicitors have been reasonable & not just seen dollar signs.

#8 ani1

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Fantastic original.gif

#9 boatiebabe

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

That's great news. You really did not need the stress!

Sanity has prevailed.

Do you think she dropped it so you would be a godparent?

#10 Romeo Void

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Brilliant news!  Merry Chrismas LOL.

#11 M1B2G

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Good luck for the move.. biggrin.gif

#12 deedee15

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yay, congrats and best of luck on your new life ahead!!!

#13 fick

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Excellent news! Merry Christmas to you! original.gif

#14 Mumma Mash

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I remember you're post about the big decision to move, I can't believe you've had to deal with you're MIL contesting it!

I am glad for you're sake she's dropped it and you can now start the new chapter in your life with you're kids in you're new home <3

As for you're other post about being a godparent, perhaps they think you're more financially secure now so should BiL/SIL pass their kids will be well cared for? Seems a little suss given you're payout/court case etc... Timing and all. We can't tell you what to do, only you know what you're hearts saying.

Best of luck with the move. original.gif

#15 MahnaMahna

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

What a relief for you! I am really glad to hear they have (hopefully) seen sense in this matter.

I hope they can come to the party with mediation for the sake of the kids.

#16 Ice Queen

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I am just so pleased for you.  Years ago I worked for an accountant who was executor of a will.  We sat by and watched 3 kids fight it out and basically eat up all the money that was in the will.  It was heartbreaking to watch and the only people making any money were the lawyers.  I am just so glad that this is not going to happen to you and your family.

Good luck with your new life.  I was touched by your last post when you said your whole life was currently defined by your DH's passing.  It will always be a big part of who you are, but you and your kids are much more than this and you will all be happy again.  biggrin.gif

#17 Guest_3Keiki_*

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

THanks everyone
I don't think the decision was made to try and get me to the godparent thing, I have already said no and SIL nver really wanted me too anyway - too much of a leftie pinko for her. ANd I think BIL knows I wouldn't change my mind. I am not sure what tipped her over the edge I think her husband could have influenced the decsion as he would have been watching the $$$ creep up.
I am off to read the moving to canberra thread as I wanted to see if there was anything interesting (will be over an hour from canberra) but didn't want to tempt fate.

#18 bluetea

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

That is fantastic news! I'm so glad you get to move forward now.
Good Luck. xx

#19 ~elle~

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I am so relieved for you!!!

( Although the cynic in my head is saying... is she trying to establish some contact / bonds now so that she can prevent you from moving as her grandma "rights" will have now been firmly established????)

Move fast and move now.

#20 FlutterbyBlue

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Fantastic news  biggrin.gif  I am so glad for you.  Pick a superlative and just yell it from the roof top! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif   bbighug.gif

#21 CallMeFeral

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Brilliant! original.gif

#22 Just Another Cat

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

That's fantastic news. Your story is so touching, I'm glad it's finally taking a positive turn biggrin.gif

#23 Sentient Puddle

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Great news - but I would pack up and run now! tongue.gif

#24 Therese

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

That is fantastic news original.gif

#25 rainycat

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hooray!!  That is great news. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.