Haematoma in uterus *loss mentioned*
Should I be worried?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GenWhy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hoping to get someone on here who can maybe give some advice? Around a month ago I had a suction d & c done under general with laparoscopic camera to make sure nothing was perforated. I was incorrectly told bubs was fine and pregnancy could continue but after several more big bleeds I was taken to emergency where it was discovered I did have an ectopic scar pregnancy and baby had to be terminated as the placenta was growing through my old caesarean scar and into my bladder. I was basically rupturing so emergency surgery was done. I had a big bleed during the op and also after the op and needed a transfusion and a Foley catheter put in my uterus for 2 days to try stop the bleeding. I was then released and told to come back in a week to check HCG levels were going down and bleeding had stopped. I went back to appt and had bloods but the Dr on duty didn't do a scan and didn't seem bothered I was still bleeding. Last week I saw the GP who sent me to the nearest town hospital for a follow up scan and bloods as she thought I shouldn't still be bleeding and passing clots. I finally got an appt yesterday so I drove the 2 hours into town and had the scan and bloods done. At the scan the sonographer told us we needed to see our GP as soon as we could as I have a large haematoma in my uterus where my caesarean scar is. I got in to the GP today who was concerned there's a clot there and said I may need another d & c to clear it out. But the report from the hospital isn't through yet. So ive basically been sent home worrying about it. I called the maternity hospital where my surgery was done but they said they can't comment without the report. The report will hopefully be faxed in the next 2 days. So in the meantime can anyone explain why there would be a blood clot, whether it means I'm still bleeding from my caesarean scar and if I should be worried? Should I be on the phone trying to get the report hurried up? I'm getting very frustrated and it doesn't help I'm still extremely upset about losing my baby and the misdiagnosis.

#2 mad madam mim

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I am sorry I have no idea, but I am so so sorry you are going through this  sad.gif  bbighug.gif Do you think they would do anything if you rocked up to emergency? It doesn't sound like they are treating this seriously enough.

#3 GenWhy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thanks it's turning into a nightmare. Emergency dept at country hospital is 2 hours away. Perth is now 1600km away as I'm now living in the country sad.gif

#4 ~ky~

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

I've had to have a second d & c when 10 days after the first I was bleeding heavily, passing large clots and labouring for 6 hours at a time up to 3 times each day just to do so. The relief when I woke in recovery was incredible.

The first one was due to having bilateral pneumonia and losing my little boy at 17 weeks. They wouldn't let me birth him as I had just left icu so they decided to remove him for me. Because of the pneumonia, I had to have it done with spinal anaesthetic - it was a very traumatic experience. I'm guessing they rushed it a bit due to me being awake.

I hope you can get some answers and relief soon. I'm sorry this little one was only able to stay a short while ...

#5 GenWhy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Thank you Ky for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss sad.gif the GP I saw thought I may need to have another d & c or a c/section revision. I guess I will wait and see. I'm terrified it means an end to another baby

#6 ~ky~

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I have had 3 more pregnancies since then with 2 live births. I've faced this worry a couple of times - the first when most of my cervix was removed due to precancerous cells. I managed to carry a 5.94kg baby to 36 weeks just over a year later. I have also had 4 caesars without any complications so hopefully this can ease your mind if you need the caesar revision.

Have faith that your body will heal and that any additional procedures will only mean better health rather than damage.

Let me know if you would like to talk and I'll send you my phone number. It sounds like you could just use someone to listen whilst you vent your frustrations and give voice to your fears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.