Swollen vein in wrist

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bubblicious

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I have been to the DR and he is baffled. Am having a blood test at lunch to (hopefully) get more answers.

I bumped the inside of my left wrist yesterday, not hard at all, and immediately, the vein the in the middle of my wrist began protruding, got quite fat, went all purplish, with red around it, really hot and itchy. Then the redness, dark pruple protuding vein part, and hotness went down, and left a bruise and soft lump between(possibly on top of) the main veins... kind of the centre of the inside of my wrist, angling down to the the outside of my arm.

It still hurts if i bump it or lean on my wrist (like to help me get up the stairs with my torn ligament in my foot).

Has anyone else ever done this, and what on earth was it?

Edited by Kenzi_Bubble, 30 November 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#2 rosiebird

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sounds like the bump ruptured the visible vein, causing a haematoma (collection of blood) which then organised, forming a lump. The blood tests are probably for coagulation profile and platelet count. Any prizes for correct guesses when the final verdict is in?

#3 Bubblicious

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

You will have my undying loyalty, and I will back you up in any thread, if you are correct! lol

As long as its nothing sinister, Im ALL good :-)

#4 Chelara

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I've done that before and it freaking hurt! Did not go to the dr but all was fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.