What songs creep you out? *spinoff*

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Becky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I cannot hear "Where the wild roses grow" by Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue without getting a physical tingling all over my head.

*shudder*

Edited by LindsayMK, 30 November 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#2 toosenuf

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

any song by Hunters & Collectors

#3 Darth Vadaretter

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I just came in here to say 'where the wild roses grow' biggrin.gif

#4 HeroOfCanton

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have a whole book about them - its called "touch me, I'm sick" the 52 creepiest love songs you've ever heard.
The best in it is You're beautiful by James Blunt - everyone thinks its so romantic, but he's a creepy stalker!

#5 Pixar

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Every Breath You Take by The Police.

As per *Browncoat*'s post about James Blunt, it isn't a romantic song, it too is about a stalker!

#6 au*lit

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

There's a song that seems to get a work out on the golden oldies type radio stations that my ILs listen to. Not sure of the title but the lyrics go, 'Young girl, get out of my mind, my love for you is way out of line. Better run girl, you're much too young girl'. *shudder*

#7 katpaws

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

All I want to do is make love to you:

So we found this hotel it was a place I knew well
We made magic that night. Oh, he did everything right
He brought the woman out of me, so many times, easily
And in the morning when he woke all I left him was a note
I told him, 'I am the flower you are the seed'
We walked in the garden we planted a tree
Don’t try to find me, please don’t you dare
Just live in my memory, you’ll always be there

But she was just after his "seed"!

#8 katpaws

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

With all the charms of a woman
You've kept the secret of your youth
You led me to believe
You're old enough
To give me Love
And now it hurts to know the truth, Oh,

Gary Puckett, Young Girl????

#9 Pompol

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

That STUPID Nickelback song...I've forgotten the name of it but it starts "I like your pants around your feet". Seriously disgusting. PUKE.

#10 archygrouseferal

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (katpaws @ 30/11/2012, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I want to do is make love to you:

So we found this hotel it was a place I knew well
We made magic that night. Oh, he did everything right
He brought the woman out of me, so many times, easily
And in the morning when he woke all I left him was a note
I told him, 'I am the flower you are the seed'
We walked in the garden we planted a tree
Don’t try to find me, please don’t you dare
Just live in my memory, you’ll always be there

But she was just after his "seed"!

waves.gif I thought of this song too, but decided it doesn't so much creep me out as make me furious that is is meant to be sad and tragic and romantic.  it isn't

it's all about self-entitlement dressed up as need.

not creepy, but bathetic

#11 FlamingoG

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hazard by Richard Marx. My first tape, think it's deeply affected my psyche.

#12 Feral Becky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (FlamingoG @ 30/11/2012, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hazard by Richard Marx. My first tape, think it's deeply affected my psyche.

That was the song I got mixed up with in my OP.
They are both really creepy songs.

#13 RedBob

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Definitely Every Breath You take

#14 Feral Becky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (JingleBob @ 30/11/2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely Every Breath You take

Friends had it as a wedding song as they walked in to the reception. I was like "Have you listened past the first line?"

Also "Don't stand so close to me" by The Police.

Wow, they were some creepy dudes.(The Police)

#15 BadCat

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I don't think Young Girl is creepy.  She pretends to be older and when he twigs he sends her away.  Seems OK to me.

#16 No One

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Rock a Bye i think it's called, by Shawn Mullins.  I don't know why, but it has always given me the willies.

#17 Chaos in stereo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

"Under my thumb" by the Rolling Stones

"Under my thumb
The squirmin' dog who's just had her day
Under my thumb
A girl who has just changed her ways

It's down to me, yes it is
The way she does just what she's told
Down to me, the change has come
She's under my thumb
Ah, ah, say it's alright "
mad.gif

#18 noi'mnot

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Maybe I've always misinterpreted this song, but anyway:

More Than Words totally creeps me out. Everybody says it's all romantic and sweet and beautiful, but isn't the guy saying "telling me you love me isn't enough, you have to have sex with me to show me you love me"? Or am I wrong?

Anyway, because of this and because it seems to be always spoken about as a beautiful romantic song, it creeps me out.

#19 Jupiter

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

I was going to mention that Heart song as well. Just awful.

#20 jill1972

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams.........shudder

#21 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Can't remember the name or the band but it is a song about a girl being killed in a car accident with the chorus line being something like "where oh where can my baby be, the Lord took her away from me". It was inexplicably played at my nephew's funeral, following his death in a motorbike accident.

#22 livvie7586

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (noi'mnot @ 30/11/2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I've always misinterpreted this song, but anyway:

More Than Words totally creeps me out. Everybody says it's all romantic and sweet and beautiful, but isn't the guy saying "telling me you love me isn't enough, you have to have sex with me to show me you love me"? Or am I wrong?

Anyway, because of this and because it seems to be always spoken about as a beautiful romantic song, it creeps me out.

Nah, it's more a 'actions speak louder than words' things.  So if she showed him she loved him, she wouldn't have to say it, because he'd already know (or reverse the genders if it applies).

Still not a beautiful romantic song (it was actually the one song banned at our wedding), but was very apt at DH's cousins wedding, seeing as the groom was a lying cheat (it was their first dance song)

#23 Jamelex

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Old Grey Mare @ 30/11/2012, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't remember the name or the band but it is a song about a girl being killed in a car accident with the chorus line being something like "where oh where can my baby be, the Lord took her away from me". It was inexplicably played at my nephew's funeral, following his death in a motorbike accident.

That song is called Last Kiss. It was covered by Pearl Jam but I don't know who did the original.

#24 madmother

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

My Sharona.

About a paedophile.

*Urgh*

#25 NunSoFeral

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Max Sharam - Coma

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.