Perfume
Make a suggestion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 #tootired

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi, I don't wear perfume often...I've probably had the same bottle for 10 + years!

My kids want to buy me something for Xmas and I thought a classic, non overpowering perfume might be nice.

Since I know nothing about this and knowing the kids will just choose the most fancy bottle....what are some popular suggestions?

#2 Mrs Bouquet

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I like Flower by Kenzo. The bottle is actually quite pretty, too.

#3 *Ker*

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

DKNY Be Delicious is my new favourite - it's citrusy.

And my all time love is Miss Dior cherie, by Christian Dior.

#4 *Ker*

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

DKNY Be Delicious is my new favourite - it's citrusy.

And my all time love is Miss Dior cherie, by Christian Dior.

#5 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Any Vera Wang.

Or Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolfe.

#6 Neko NoNo

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

chanel no 5. you should go and try a couple on as they smell different on different people. also, some give me a headache

eta a 'y'

Edited by Kate-ko, 30 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#7 popsicle :)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

My absolute fav of all time is Organza Indecence by Givenchy.  Very beautiful, very classic and I always used to get comments about it.  One lady at work bought a bottle just because she loved it so much from me. But sadly you can't get it anymore in Aust  mad.gif You can only buy it from Harrods in London.

So, my next fav is Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

#8 ~shannon~

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Romance by Ralph Lauren is really nice.
Pleasures by Estee Lauder is not overpowering at all.
Agree with some of the other suggestions by PPs such as Vera Wang and Chanel No.5.

Best thing for you to do is go and pick one yourself first. I let my husband choose for me once and he loved it, but I didn't. I wear this one maybe once in a blue moon but my other ones all the time.

#9 happynow

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

My favourites at the moment are    Red door  , channel no 5 and   Hypnotise By LancĂ´me biggrin.gif

#10 Tealdash

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Another vote for Flower By Kenzo!  Love this one, its my day time smelly...

For going out at night I love Leau Dissey by Issey Miyake..

Both have been around for a while, I have tried others but tend to always come back to these two! biggrin.gif

#11 2xmum

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Another vote for anything Vera Wang.

I'm loving Chanel Allure and Ralph Lauren Romance is a nice light perfume too.

Can't say I like Kenzo Flowers though - sorry pp.

For the pp wanting Organza, try the Perfumery (online store, based around Newport Sydney somewhere) they often have ones you can't get anymore.

#12 knittingkitten

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

I love Chanel Chance- the green one. Wear it every day. Lovely fresh scent.

#13 ~elle~

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Pretty by Estee Lauder

#14 Bec .

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Bvlgari mon jasmin noir is divine. Check out fragrance x website, lots of reviews.

#15 AtotheZ

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

My favourites are Flower by Kenzo, Chanel Allure (all time fav!) and Chanel Chance - pink one

#16 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I wear Chanel No 5 EDP.  

I tried the EDT years ago and it reeked on me, I randomly tried the EDP and loved it on me.

#17 JaneLane

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I rarely wear a scent as I have a very sensitive sense of smell and find it too overwhelming, but when I occasionally do, it's dolce and gabbana light blue or Armani code (I actually prefer the male version of code rather than the female)

#18 sad small umbrella

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Organza indecence is gone, gone, gone like a lot of the other Givenchy.

If you puffy heart Chanel No 5, it might be an idea to buy a couple of bottles as the formula looks likely to be changing as oakmoss is being outlawed in perfumery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...ngredients.html

I am a perfume tart and am faithful to none.  Annick Goutal's Sables is my current favourite.

#19 Feral Becky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

At the moment I love Oscar DeLaRenta "Volupte" but it is a bit strong at first.
I bought DD Marc Jacobs "Oh Lola"

Any Marc Jacobs perfume is lovely.

OT but I bought DS the Pink Joop for Christmas on the recommendation of EB.Especially you Mamma Bear. biggrin.gif

#20 BearBait

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

i used to love perfume but since first getting pregnant I cant abide any strong smells & just yesterday was handing out 3yo bottles of Poison, Chanel, Ralph Lauren etc to some locals. apart from Bvlgari Green Tea, for some reason this doesnt make me feel queasy so kept that one. great sales job there. I would go try some & see what you like. if you dont wear perfume often you might find some of the stuff too overwhelming.

#21 Therese

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so fresh is one of my favourites at the moment original.gif

#22 dolcengabbana

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

My favorite classic scents are1. Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere it's lighter not as over powering as the full no. 5
2. Victor and Rolph Flowerbomb it is delightful pretty feminine and light
3. Elle Saab omg I love love love this so much my mother loves it, my BF loves it and I have purchased three gift packs for my Mum MiL and friend for Xmas. One spray is perfect lasts all day and is gorgeous elegant scent and bottle.
4. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique I find it very fresh clean almost powder fresh scented.

Every time I wear one of those 3 scents I am complimented by friends family and often asked by other what I have on. I always ask if it's too strong as they can smell it but it's usually if I am very close to or have hugged someone that they will compliment.

I also have and like Chanel Coco Madamoselle, Escada Magnetism, DKNY Delicious its too fruity and alive for me to wear often but if I am just working around the house I will pop a spray on its fresh just NMS.

Edited by dolcengabbana, 30 November 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#23 Jjbeanz

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I love Cool water by davidoff and the men's version is really nice too

#24 WithSprinkles

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Flower By Kenzo
Light Blue D&G

#25 SeaPrincess

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I agree with pp that you should go and try some on.  Spray them on your skin and leave them for a bit because they do smell different.  My mum wears Chanel No 5 and I love it, but I can't stand it on me.

I wear perfume most days and my constants are Clinique Happy (and its variants, but mostly the original one) and Tommy Girl.  I do wear others from time to time as well, but these two are light enough that I can wear them every day.  Since having children, I find some of the ones I used to wear are too strong for me.

Kenzo Flower does have lovely bottles - we bought MIL a gift pack with 3 different bottles in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.