Christmas Tree Erection

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Ok I just wanted to use the word erection in a title...

No, actually I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo excited about putting the Christmas tree up tomorrow! I have my Christmas play list ready to go!!

xmas_cool.gif xmas_cool.gif xmas_cool.gif xmas_cool.gif    

T minus 12 hours and counting!

The only reason I've been able to contain myself and wait until December to put it up is because we've been away from home the last 3 weekends LOL!

I've got a new tree and all new decorations and I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then in the afternoon I'll wrap presents while playing MORE carols! I might even put all the presents under the tree and take a photo before putting them all away again!!!

hrmz perhaps someone should remove the ! key from my keyboard for excessive use  xmas_tongue.gif

#2 wish*upon*a*star

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I am looking forward to it too.
I am curious to how my DD will respond to it!
and since I never have here is a  xmas_cool.gif

#3 Flaxen

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I cant wait either, have everything ready too, new tree, new deco's

But i hope my 20mth old DD leaves the ornaments on the tree, i can forsee a very tiresome December replacing them all the time!

#4 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

We bought one a couple of days ago and out it up straightaway, it's our first Christmas tree! I love it!

(I think I'm turning into a secret Christmas lover).

#5 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Our tree went up two nights ago- it's very much erect. Unfortunately, I need to purchase new lights, so it's all not all pretty with lit up lights as yet.

Have fun erecting your tree OP- it's one of my favourite things to do in the year, especially with carols playing in the background and a glass of wine to sip on.

ETA: The word erect is amusing.

Edited by Swahili, 30 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#6 iheartu

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I love a good Christmas tree erection!

Ours has been up for 3 weeks. It always goes up the weekend of the Adelaide Christmas Pageant, we watch it on the Telly and listen to Hanson's Chrissy cd... I love it!

#7 SeaPrincess

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'm a little bit jealous - no tree here until after the birthday on the 8th.  I may even wait until school hols so the children can just go for it on their own.

ETA, tonight I will put the gifts into the advent calendar pockets and we picked names out of a hat for the order.  I can't wait till they see what they get!

Edited by SeaPrincess, 30 November 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#8 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

SeaPrincess- you've just reminded me I need to sort out the Advent Calendar drawer thingies- it's the 1st tomorrow and I'd completely forgotten.

#9 lynneyours

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

snigger.  So you're having an erection party then OP???   roll2.gif

snigger, snort.... juvenile humour and all that.  dev (6).gif

#10 glasnost

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

We were planning on buying our tree tomorrow however it is so bloody hot we are worried that it will be well and truly dead by Christmas! I think we will put it off until next weekend. Damn- I was so looking forward to getting out all the decorations!

#11 KnightsofNi

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

We will put the tree up tomorrow (with the lights) after the kids go to bed. The kids can help decorate it on Sunday morning. Much fun will be had by the kids and I. DH will probably just be annoyed that we are all doing it wrong.  rolleyes.gif

I must put a note in the advent calender. Tomorrow's 'gift' is a note that we are going to a Christmas lunch.

#12 Justaduck

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ours has been up since Thanksgiving (last Thurs) and so far DD hasn't cared for it! She gets into everything and anything so I am quite happy!

#13 lisacat

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ours has been up for 2 weeks and presents underneath for 1 week. I couldn't help myself this year.
This weekend I need to put the rest of my decorations and lights out.

#14 mum2345

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

My partner and I tried, but we can't get ours up tonight sad.gif

#15 namie

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm not putting mine ours up for a few more weeks yet as I can't be bothered dealing with the boys pulling all the ornaments off. DS1 will be ok, although inquisitive but DS2 will be destructive I just know it.

Once it's up, there won't be any presents appearing until the kids are loaded in the car to go to the airport, then DP and I will run in, put everything underneath ready to await our return after Christmas, and then head off. A few select things will go with us to my Mum's place for Santa to leave on Christmas Eve but the big ticket items (a bike and bouncy cow) are too heavy to travel all the way there in Santa's sleigh so he'll leave them under our tree - not to mention the cost and hassle of taking them there and bringing them home again!!. I'm looking forward to Christmas 2013 already as that'll be a 'Home Christmas'.

But the Advent Calendar is up and filled with chocolatey goodness. I've no idea how I'm getting a 3 year old and a 1 year old to understand that they have to take turns though. And not just turns with each other but with Mummy too! (DP doesn't care too much for chocolate, more fool him, lol!) I fear it'll be a long few weeks, lol!

I do get to put up the Christmas tree at work on Monday, ready for the Kmart Wishing Tree tags - one Monday I do look forward to original.gif Probably the only one actually.

Edited to add a missing letter.

Edited by namie, 30 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#16 PigNewton

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Is that when you wind tinsel around it?

biggrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.
We're putting the tree up in the next week or so and we have a big felt Christmas stocking with numbered pockets on the front for our advent calendar. Each little pocket will have a chocolate in it original.gif

#17 Procrastinator5000

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (mum2345 @ 30/11/2012, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*snigger*!

#18 Luxe

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've no where to erect mine since renovating the apartment.
It's a small 1 bedder and the only place is highly impractical - the centre of the living room.. literally.

#19 ~shannon~

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Just read the first post by the OP and all I want to do is hit a LIKE button! LIKE LIKE LIKE! I'm excited too!

#20 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Sunnycat @ 30/11/2012, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(I think I'm turning into a secret Christmas lover).

No need to be in the closet, be out and proud!

QUOTE (lynnemine @ 30/11/2012, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, with my Mum   roll2.gif roll2.gif  

QUOTE (mum2345 @ 30/11/2012, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am pretty sure you can get a pill for that wink.gif

I intelligently (well I think so anyway) bought a prelit Christmas tree because the bit I hate the most is putting the lights on!

I'll see how this tree goes, but in a few years when we've moved I might even get a second tree, a bigger one because this one is smaller due to our ceiling being short (I can put my palm flat on the ceiling.)

#21 BadCat

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

I love tree day.  Moreso now when I can watch the kids decorate it while I stay out of the way.  dev (6).gif

#22 Ireckon

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (lynnemine @ 30/11/2012, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

snigger, snort.... juvenile humour and all that.  dev (6).gif

.......yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at too  biggrin.gif

We are hoping today is erection day

#23 -*meh*-

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

my kids are currently cleaning the lounge we can put it up....

i can't use the comments i want because it just seems creepy and weird!

#24 mez70

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Namie,
Please don't leave wrapped Presents under the tree if you are going away... Sadly this is one of the worse times for robberies and people casing houses for people going away on a break........Much better to get hubby to fly into the house a couple of mins before you guys when you get home or can you get a trusted friend family member to do it for you..

#25 bambiigrrl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

christmas tree erection...that sounds sooo wrong! lol!

We are putting ours up today...we spent yesterday making little ornaments out of clay to paint and put on the tree, the kids loved it! I made little clay versions of our family, even the cat lol then we made snowmen and little alian critters, so cute.. we are putting the tree up then heading down to the beach as they are having carols, fireworks, camel rides, a petting zoo markets etc, and santa and parade of course, so gonna be a very xmassy day today!! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.