Absolutely original.gif

ph34r.gif Though I do wonder if I would have started so quickly

#5 FluffyOscar

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yes, and I would have started sooner  biggrin.gif

#6 Funky Cold Ribena

Yes of course.

OP are you ok? I've just seen your other thread.

#7 Ice Queen

Yes, but I question the timing.  But then different timing, different egg, different baby so tough one to 'regret' the timing as it wipes out the baby.  I will always wonder I suppose.

#8 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yes but I wouldnt have had them with DH and would hopefully have accomplished more with my life before having them.

#9 Freddie'sMum

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

No.

#10 JillyJellyBean

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I love my babies, but I think I would have forgone marriage.

#11 kadoodle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Yes.

But I'd have been much more proactive in seeking help for the PND that followed.

#12 la di dah

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I dunno if I WOULD have but I would have started trying earlier.

In fact sometimes I cry laughing or laugh crying of how scared I was at the idea of getting pregnant 16-23.

But would I be with DH, if I'd had kids before we got together? Would we have ever known each other? I wouldn't want to give him up and I'd MUUUUCH rather have kids (if I can) with him than with any of my exes, some of whom are vaguely terrifying to me.

#13 Excentrique Feral

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I would have waited until I was older, but I had mine at 19 & 21. There are many days were I think, why am I doing this again? Parenthood is often very thankless. But at the end of the day I am very proud of my tiny humans, they do give you a sense of fulfillment, and life is never ever dull.

#14 Guest_- Poppy -_*

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yes.

They try me sometimes! But I love them more than I love anything on this world.

My life wouldnt be worth living without them.

#15 Starletta

Yes, but I would have waited a couple more years.

#16 FiveAus

Yes, but less of them and I'd give them a different father.

#17 ASDivine

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yes.

Edited by ASDivine, 01 December 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#18 Mummzy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I actually think about this a lot. I was 20 when I fell pregnant. I was in a stable relationship I still am in the same relationship. I am 25, engaged and two kids. Some days I feel like I wasted my life. I love my babies with all my heart and I now want add to the family.

If I could see the future I would probably wouldn't have had them this early and waited till 30's to have them so I could of enjoyed my 20's and spoilt myself more. but I now spoil my babies. I couldn't imagine not having these two boys though.

#19 luke's mummu

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Yes. Would have liked to have started earlier and had 1 more though. I didn't meet DH until I was 30 and had first child at 35, second at 38 and unlikely to have a 3rd.

#20 marnie27

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

In a heartbeat. I only wish we'd had DS a little earlier (took 5 years to have him) so we could've had more).

#21 Peppy2

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yes but I think I'd enjoy some more time with just the two of us first. We were in such a damn hurry and we had plenty of time.

Life as we knew it ceased to exist when we got pregnant. We also didn't realise how unhelpful our family would turn out to be and that we would never ever get a break. Ever.

#22 bakesgirls

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yes, but I would have waited a bit longer to have my first. I was 20 when I had her.

No matter how much I want to wring their necks sometimes, I couldn't imagine my life without those amazing little people. I love them so much there are no words to describe it.

#23 ~Nic~

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Absolutley, but I would have waited another 5 years or so... a little bit of time would have been nice to get on our feet financially...

#24 Castille

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yes, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel completely overwhelmed at times, particularly this time of year.  

Being a parent is just so unrelenting and so constant - so good at times, and at others, the hardest thing I've ever done, or will do...

#25 tick

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Probably yes, but really I'm not sure.  Could go either way.  I certainly would have finished my PhD first though, god knows what I was thinking when I decided I could have a baby mid-PhD and "work while the baby slept".  Insanity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.