For those of you that don't live together
how often do you see your partner?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 paula1

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

I've been with my partner for 2 years and we see each other about 3-4 nights a fortnight.

We both work and I have 2 kids and he has 1.

I've recently been wondering if this is enough time that we're spending together as it doesn't seem to be the norm.
I don't want to move in together at this stage either but want to see him more.

The relationship is great and we both love being together but it feels like there is such a long stretch between visits.

Would this be enough for you?
WDYT?

#2 harryboy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I guess it comes down to what you want for your kids as well - whether the three of them mix well, who has week on / off etc. Just start to schedule in another day or two and see how the juggles feels!

#3 -*meh*-

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

DP and i don't live together...

but at minimum he is here every monday, wednesday and friday night... on the weekend i don't have the boys i am usually at his place.

depending on what we are doing he often stays over the night on those nights so will go home tuesday morning and i pick him up on wednesday morning (we are currently sharing a car because his is off the road)...

so really i see him most days of the week, i don't know if could cope with only seeing him a few days a ftnight... but he helps me heaps with the kids so he works in with our routine...

#4 paula1

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I guess work and other commitments play a part.
At this stage of our lives it's not like it was when we were 20 with no commitments etc.

Hope it doesn't stay like this forever!

#5 mrshappymum

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

My DP and I have been together for 5 months, he has 3 kids who he has shared care of and I have my 2 kids 5 nights a week.

We see each other 3-4 times a week, which includes a couple of sleepovers. We'd probably see each other more but it is physically impossible due to our committments. We make sure that we get all of our kids together at least every fortnight, which they love anyway.

We are talking about moving in together but it will be around a year away. It is so daunting with what will be involved.

It's not easy finding a good balance at times!

#6 paula1

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Forgot to add that we both do shift work also rolleyes.gif

#7 Kez82

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Been together 8 months and we see each other 3-4 times a week, which includes usually 2 sleep overs.

#8 blackcat20

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Not even every week unfortunately, but interstate work makes it more difficult than usual...

#9 paula1

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

For those of you that see each other a few days a week....do your partners work full time, do they do shift work?
Mine has his child one week on and one week off which can make it hard at times.
We also live about 35 minutes apart and next year his child starts school.

#10 ChunkyChook

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

DP and I have been together 5 and a half years. He doesn't have any children. He works full time, I work part time during school hours. We see each other for dinner once a week, just the 2 of us and then he usually stays over one night on the weekends.

Our relationship is definately not normal  laugh.gif

#11 mrshappymum

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I think it really depends on circumstances! My DP works full time and has his children 2 nights during the week and Fri/Sun nights generally. So I see him the other two nights during the week and then 1 night on the weekend we get just the two of us and the other night it is with either his kids or mine or both. We are lucky to live 5 minutes from each other aswell. I don't work at this stage, I imagine when I do it may get trickier but then again I wont work shift work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.