Choc Royal mini puddings : anyone else having problems with finding mint leaves?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cb2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I want to make the choc royal mini puddings, but cannot find mint leaves anywhere!
I have tried 3 Coles and 2 Woolies and one lady in Woolies even told me they no longer sell them.

Anyone finding this?

If so what have you used as a replacement? I was thinking jubes and cut them but need to get a packet with lots of green ones.

Any suggestions? I don't think icing would look as good

#2 maxshim

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Have had this problem every year when I've wanted to make them.  If you have one near you try Kmart or one of those discount lolly shops.  Have had success in both of those in years gone by.  If you're not too fussed about quality I've even found them in some $2 shops in the past.

Good luck.

#3 AmberNut

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

You could try ordering them online... I'm not sure how soon you need them though. A quick google shows that Allen's still makes them and you can order them online from several lolly shops.

#4 Mrs Bouquet

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

I bought some in Woolworths last week (WA). They were the Woolies home brand.

#5 Chicky whicky

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Where about are you? There is a place in Melbourne that sells them called the world's biggest lolly shop. They do online orders as well. Saying that, I usually see them at Kmart.

#6 cb2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for the replies I am in Vic and didn't think to try discount or $2 shops. Will do so or even K-Mart thank-you
Wonder why here they have stopped stocking them ??

#7 skae

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

The Reject Shop sells the most delicious mint leaves.

#8 BabyBumbleBee

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I saw some in Woolworths in Sydney only a couple of week ago if you are meaning those awful spearmint leaf jelly lollies?

#9 BabyBumbleBee

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I saw some in Woolworths in Sydney only a couple of week ago if you are meaning those awful spearmint leaf jelly lollies?

#10 Mumma_G

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I got them at Woolies yesterday. Black and gold brand spearmint lollies.

#11 cb2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Reject shop! Will try there too thanks

Woolies I have tried in Vic don't stock funny how other states do.

#12 cb2

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I GOT THEM!!!!
Thanks to all and a huge thank-you to skae as I got a bonus pack in the Reject shop!
Thanks again original.gif will note for future reference

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.