Duke and Duccess of Cambridge expecting

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 BlondieUK

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...aving-baby.html

I foresee a nation of grannies knitting booties to send off to Kensington Palace original.gif

#2 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I hope all goes well, given that she was forced to make the announcement so early.

#3 Le-a

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Squee!

#4 Mercurial

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Fantastic news for them, a very exciting time.

I hope everything goes well and that she's feeling better soon.

#5 Hayleymumof3

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Naww I was just coming to post about this.

Congratulations to the both of them.

#6 Ianthe

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

That's nice news original.gif

#7 lynneyours

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

What great news for them - although having HG in the public eye would be awful.

#8 Freddie'sMum

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm so happy for them.  They seem like such a nice normal couple.

It's a pity they have had to announce it before getting to the 12 week mark.

I know nothing about the condition she has - anyone one out there been thru it ??  Hopefully rest and hydration will be the best things for her and I wish her a very boring safe nine months.

Lovely news with all the doom and gloom happening in the world.

Edited - I forgot to add - baby names !!  We should have a bet on the baby names !!

Here's my picks:

Boy - George / James / Henry

Girl - Victoria / Elizabeth / Mary

Edited by Freddie'sMum, 04 December 2012 - 05:33 AM.

#9 TopsyTurvy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think it's lovely news original.gif

Congrats to them and I hope it all goes well for them.

#10 Lcasey

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

What wonderful news! Congratulations to them both. I only hope Kate's HG settles soon and allows her a trouble free pregnancy there after. It must be horrible to begin with without having to share it with the world.

#11 ~chiquita~

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Le-a @ 04/12/2012, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Squee!

This exactly!
That's wonderful news, I hope she feels better soon.
I remember when William was born. ph34r.gif

#12 Team Awesome

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Congrats to them.

I've had HG and been "lucky" to have it end at around 24-28 weeks, most lose a fair amount of weight so soon we'll see the stupid things about that, how much depends on the person and how well their pregnancy is being managed seeing as she's the duchess I'm sure she'll be well looked after, my friends who've had it all the way through have usually been lighter than when they started but have had some weight to spare. I was 48kgs at 20 weeks with my first and kept being told my m/s was "normal." My last I had gained weight prior to the pregnancy which was helpful when I lost 12kg in 10days due to how sick I was. I've had friends where it's lasted through whole pregnancy and continue vomiting through labour as well.

This website explains it fairly well

#13 SarahBelle48

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Does anyone know how far along she actually is? I feel sorry for her to have to go through this with so many people watching her every move. It's sad that they had to share the news earlier than they would've liked.

Sunrise had the theory that severe morning sickness means she's having twins. Is there any evidence behind that?

#14 BlondieUK

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

The UK papers are going nuts.

Apparently, she is 6-12 weeks; 1% of woman with singleton pregnancies get hyperemesis; 2-3% of women with twin pregnancies get it. So, it's literally double the risk, but it doesn't really make it any more likely that she's having twins - it just makes it more likely that is she is having twins, that she would get HG.

#15 Tenacious C

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Freddie'sMum @ 04/12/2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know nothing about the condition she has - anyone one out there been thru it ??

I had HG for my last pregnancy and with this one.

Last pregnancy the vomiting did not stop until I gave birth. 25 weeks so far and it has not gone away.

You vomit constantly, so much you lose weight. You end up in hospital getting rehydrated. You faint from lack of nutrition and getting dehydrated. You are exhausted. When you are not vomiting you constantly feel nauseas.

There is medication the helps a lot. There are a range of drugs that are used, it is a matter of finding what works for the individual. I certainly would not want the paparazzi following me while suffering, spewing in public is bad enough but it have it captured for all to see no way. Although given her high profile I would say she will get the care she needs.

#16 Peanut

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

What a shame they didn't get to enjoy the early stages in privacy, but still, lovely news!  Maybe some of those oddly severe critics will leave her alone for a while now.

ETA:  I say "oddly" because I've never understood why some people appear to hate Catherine with a passion.

Edited by Peanut, 04 December 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#17 HeroOfCanton

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

First thing I thought when I heard this on the news was 'I hope her doctor asked if she's tried ginger tea or a dry biscuit before getting out of bed'... ph34r.gif

I'm happy for them though, and HG is just awful, so I hope it passes for her.

Edited by *Browncoat*, 04 December 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#18 kpingitquiet

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Congrats to them! But poor Kate.

Names, I have a gut feeling it will be a Philip or a Diana. Could go super traditional and have Charles or Elizabeth.

#19 wish*upon*a*star

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

what great news for them, hope she feels better soon. HG sounds awful.

#20 Peanut

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I don't think Philip, Charles, Diana or Elizabeth will be a first name, probably middle names.  They will probably look further in the past for a suitably dignified first name as this child will be next in line to the throne after William.  

My grannie would have already picked up her embroidery thread and needle and started on some project for them right now if she were still alive!  original.gif

#21 Rainbow Brite

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Peanut @ 04/12/2012, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Philip, Charles, Diana or Elizabeth will be a first name, probably middle names.  They will probably look further in the past for a suitably dignified first name as this child will be next in line to the throne after William.  

My grannie would have already picked up her embroidery thread and needle and started on some project for them right now if she were still alive!  original.gif

How gorgeous. This really made me smile original.gif

#22 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I remember when William was born.

Me too!

They have not relieved how far along she is. She could be further along than we think.

#23 niggles goes feral

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

My first response was to check how Suri is coping.

Lol

#24 HeroOfCanton

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (niggles @ 04/12/2012, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first response was to check how Suri is coping.

Lol

laughing2.gif

#25 Bluenomi

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

My first thought was 'squee!' quickly followed by 'poor thing, I hope she's feel better soon'. Morning sickness sucks and I imagine HG is so much worse. I really hope it doesn't get any worse for her

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.