Moogoo OMG its brilliant?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 morgansacre

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

I just wanted to tell you about what happened to DD (16)....who suffers from contact dermatitis.

DD touched some clothes my other DD had given her. The next day her hands became itchy, red, inflamed, and the skin started peeling off. DD and I went over everything she had touched....and I asked my older DD what she washed her clothes in, she said anything that is going cheap  sad.gif so we put this down to her contact with the clothes.

It was recommended on here that Moogoo is the best thing for dermatitis, so I bought some. In the mean time I took DD to a GP, I told him I was going to use Moogoo, he said natural products were ok, but when it got this bad "proper treatment" was the only course of action to take  mellow.gif He recommended she use a steroid cream every day till she ran out of the 4 tubes of cream, then when it healed she was to continue using the cream for months after every second day....4 tubes each time, with 5 repeats  ohmy.gif

On the day of the GPs appointment I received the Moogoo cream. DD insisted on trying this first, and I gladly agreed. 24hrs after applying it, the inflammation and redness disappeared and the itching stopped. By day 3, today, her hands have all cleared up, except for the peeling skin, but that is improving too. Both of us are over the moon at the quick results, it is totally amazing biggrin.gif

DD looked up the ingredients to this steroid cream and OMG ohmy.gif the side affects are unbelievable. I am so glad we have found something natural that works better than this stuff. I will never use the steroid cream again for her.

Lynn original.gif

#2 MintyBiscuit

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yes, it's amazing stuff. I've been using the shampoo and conditioner for the eczema on my scalp for a couple of years now, and it's never been better. The creams are wonderful too, and the body wash. Doesn't work for everyone, but it seems to have worked for so many. They're constantly working on new products too - they're doing a baby bubble bath which will mean my DS can have bubbles!

Glad it's working for your DD. In regards to the washing powder, if you continue to have problems I'd recommend ecostore. I was having reactions to OMO liquid and I switched to the Ecostore stuff, and haven't had the reactions since

Edited by HollyOllyOxenfree, 05 December 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#3 bluedragon

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I love moogoo products too. The nappy balm worked wonders on DSs nappy rash and their aluminium free deodorant is brilliant.

#4 happening

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Love Moogoo  -  use it for your feet, hands, knees.

No such thing as too much.

My son has eczema, when he was younger it would get so bad he was hospitalised. At one stage he couldn't walk without pain, as the flexing of his knees would cause his skin to crack and bleed.

A nurse put us onto it and he never looked back.

Steroids are great if you really really need them, but not my first choice for skin issues.

#5 Kitty Fantastico

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yes!! Moogoo is awesome. DS has the worst cradle cap (in his eyebrows, around his nose, it was so thick and crusty.)  I tried every remedy suggested to me, but after using the scalp cream for 3 days it cleared up completely. I recommend it to everyone I know.

#6 FlutterbyBlue

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm so pleased your DD is getting some relief at last.  MooGoo is magic, I love it and can't praise it enough.  biggrin.gif

#7 lamarque

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi Lynn, I think I responded to you in the other thread about Moo Goo.   biggrin.gif

Like a PP said, it doesn't work for everyone so I'm glad it has worked for you.

#8 eboyd

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Another Moogoo family here. We use the shampoo conditioner and the msm cream here. I am going to try the scalp cream on DS2 (18 months) to get rid of his cradle cap as well.

#9 BabeBlossom

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

We love Moogoo in this house, we have so many of their products and they've all done their job.
Very excited for the bubble bath, I hate DD bathing in the nasties from the one DH bought her. Try Billie Baby in the mean time, got it from the chemist and its great.
OP so glad its helped your DD and she avoided the steroid cream, scary how much she had prescribed.

#10 CharliMarley

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

With all those accolades for MooGoo - I have just purchased the MooGoo tanning cream to get ready for the Summer. Thanks everyone.

#11 WithSprinkles

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Glad to hear it worked for your DD OP.
Would be interested to know if anyone has tried the MooGoo tanning cream and what the results were like?

#12 CharliMarley

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I just ordered it 10 minutes ago, so I will be interested to know what it was like too.

#13 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

That's great!  original.gif

#14 AMPSyd

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Where do you get Moogoo from?

My DD has scalp issues and I may try it as well.

#15 CharliMarley

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I just ordered some from their web-site, as I don't know if you can buy it in shops.

#16 1ds1dd

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Around here ( NSW) it just seems to be some health food store but I know when I was in QLD most chemists seemed to have it. They have a find a stockist function on their website.

#17 allthiseffortpaidoff

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm fairly sure Terry White Chemists are their 'chemist' stockist and most health food shops will stock it too.

Their lip balms are also amazing, as are all their creams.

I can't recommend them highly enough!

#18 lamarque

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (AMPSyd @ 05/12/2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do you get Moogoo from?

My DD has scalp issues and I may try it as well.

Just look on their website.  You can enter your postcode to get the locations closest to you.

#19 Gloriana

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I have a friend with really bad eczema on her hands and swears by Caroline's Cream.

#20 MARsmum

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

We too are a Moo Goo family and it is now all we use!  My DD2 used to come home from preschool with bleeding hands after using their cheap horrible soap.  I now send her with a pump pack of Moo Goo and her dermatitis is a thing of the past!  We all the use the shampoo/conditioners and I really notice how itchy my scalp gets if I use anything else!  I am now going to give the tanning cream a go ... I didn't even know they made it!

#21 zingy

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Thank you so much. I have just been onto the Moogoo website and purchased loads of stuff.

Mainly went on to order the eczema cream though. Hope it is as good as everyone says, my hands are just terrible and I've tried everything natural!

xmas_tongue.gif

#22 Jekaho

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Moo Goo family here too.
I tell everyone to try it for eczema as it has done wonders for our son.
Scalp cream too.
Shampoo and conditioner I was using before I went 'poo free.
Deoderant, SPF15+ moisturiser, Tail Swat spray, tanning cream, full cream and msm cream, lip balms, soaps. So happy with them all!

#23 SilverSky

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

I looove the shampoo and conditioner. I use it and also use it on my DS and even after three days his hair smells so delish!

I also use the deodorant, aluminium free. I can't believe how well it works, and I've tried so many natural type roll ons and nothing compares.

#24 Escapin

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yep, we're gradually replacing just about everything else too. It's good to order from their website as they often pop in a sample of something else to try original.gif

#25 morgansacre

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

wub.gif

I only use the Earthschoice Laundry liquid, it has never affected DD, so I stick with it.

I have also been using their Shampoo and Conditioner and my scalp no longer itches Tounge1.gif

I am so happy. DD has had her hands bleeding, so was unable to go to school as she couldn't hold a pen, she gets it on her feet as well. But only thing affected this time was her hands.

I'm so glad it was recommended to me. Thank you EB wub.gif

Lynn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.