Gift for childcare workers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Feralishous

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Is it inappropriate?
DD would love to give the carers in her room a present, she loves them to pieces! What is a suitable gift? Chocolates? Gift card?

#2 Shanski

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

My girls made bracelets to give as presents this year. I got a bead pack from Kmart and let miss 4 thread them in whatever pattern she liked.

So far the recipients have loved them.

#3 *JAC*

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

I usually do chocolate & maybe a bottle of wine. Our centre puts all the gifts they get together and share them out equally so I don't do anything personal.

#4 Caseymay

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (*JAC* @ 06/12/2012, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually do chocolate & maybe a bottle of wine. Our centre puts all the gifts they get together and share them out equally so I don't do anything personal.

I find that strange! That is like just giving the presents under the christmas tree randomly!

OP of course you can give a gift if you want. Personalised stickers are cute, heaps of people give chocies, wine, movie tickets, vouchers, mini hampers (nice piece of cheese, packet of biscuits, wine, lollies etc).

#5 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

We gave money towards the Staff Xmas party (they go out to a BYO restaurant, I think the money gets used for the grog by the sounds of it).  The kids made a Xmas card each of the carers in their room, plus a few extra carers that they like - stickers, glitter pens, the works!  I just bought some blank white cards from Spotlight and let the kids go nuts.  biggrin.gif

#6 Becstarinator

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'm making toffee apples this year.  In the past I have done brownies in a jar, herb gardens in pots, ginger bread and home made hot chocolate with mugs.

I like doing something home made and the teachers/carers have always loved them.

#7 adnama

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

When DD went we did cookies in a jar (bakerella) I'm thinking of doing the same this year for DS.
Although one teacher has cealics (SP?) so not sure if I should try and adapt it with safe ingredients for her. Another is pregnant. Then I was thinking just a box of choccies for the staff room, DS loves the chef and the office lady and director are just lovely people.

#8 gabbigirl

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I love love love my cc workers, they are getting a $50 voucher. They work too hard, for not enough money so I always hope they can pamper themselves with it. Actually they're getting better presents than certain. Family members who are rude and obnoxious.

#9 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I get a nice Christmas ornament for each teacher, although as this year is DS's last year, I'm thinking I might go for something a little more special.

#10 Therese

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

We used to give a  Christmas ornament and then I wrote a letter to our special favourites as well.

#11 50ftqueenie

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

At my DDs first centre I got to know the two main careers in the Nursery well so I gave them a $50 gift voucher each and made some chocolate brownies and gingerbread to be shared between everyone else.
At the current centre my kids attend I haven't really had that consistent interaction with their careers so I think I'll have to do a group present. Love the idea of contributing to the Xmas party, hope I'm not too late!

They are so woefully underpaid I would love to send them all on a luxury holiday far, far away from nappies and toys and mess. Unfortunately that isn't possible.

#12 LittleListen

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (*JAC* @ 06/12/2012, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have done this at our centre with the gifts that were given to the whole team. Most families only give a little personal gift to one or two carers and something to share for the rest, so rather than someone getting lots and others getting none, the corporate gifts are shared out.

Chocolates sound easy, but really, we get given so many every year its incredible.

Some other ideas we have had in the past;  
christmas decoration,
stationery,
crockery or cutlery for the staff room,
food hampers for staff meetings,
puzzles or games for the children,
a lovely storybook for the library,
gift vouchers for pedicures etc,
handmade or purchased jewllery,
homemade christmas treats in a nice bowl,
small pot plants,
nice photo frames,

Hope that helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.