Today I Am Thankful For....

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 **Xena**

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Considering I have a lot to be thankful for today I thought I would start a post.

- I am thankful that the call from the school telling me that a child had reported seeing my child pulled into a stranger's car turned out to be a false alarm

- I am thankful that the school my kids go to were so quick to jump on the report- calling the police when paging my child didn't work at first

- I am thankful that the students at my kids school look out for each other to such a degree that the child immediately reported a situation that looked bad

- I am thankful that my husband bought me home Scotch and Coke after having an awful experience

- I am thankful that my Facebook friends are so awesome that after I jokingly posted that I could see Blink 182 if they all donated 25c I started getting donation deposits in my Paypal (though I also feel guilty and embarrassed about that)

#2 trebambinibelli

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

How scary for you OP!  Glad it was a false alarm.  Hope you get to see Blink 182 lol

#3 -*meh*-

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

i am thankful for finding the awesome dress that i ordered... and MIL likes it! ohmy.gif

i am also thankful for having such a wonderful partner and a great ex who can not only get along but be friendly to the point of ex attending xmas and DP helping ex move stuff biggrin.gif

#4 daisyt

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I am tahankful for woine! wink.gif

#5 jayskette

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I am thankful for my ability to work a hard day's work, contribute to society and be able to support my DH and family.

#6 loulou_b

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

For my health, and the health of my family.

I had a revolting gastro bug for only 24 hrs last week, but I felt so terrible.  Sore ribs for a few days after the strain of throwing up 15+ times....

I am truly thankful that I have good health and don't have any chronic painful conditions.

#7 JuniPooks_

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (daisyt @ 06/12/2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am tahankful for woine! wink.gif

LOL

Ummmm.

Gratitude. Yes.

I am thankful I didn't hit the dog with my car.

I am thankful that my little family are all safe and well.

I am thankful that we are ok, financially, really. I've been panicking over a potential expense, that my DP pointed out was not really how we would like to see our money spent, but won't put us in the crapper either. I'm so used to living "paycheck to paycheck" that it hadn't really sunk in to me that I'm okay now. I wonder if I'll ever truly feel that. A teeny bit of my gut wrenching anxiety has lifted.

I am thankful for having my DP and DS. Just a few years ago I was post-breakup from a DV relationship, and with a new endometriosis diagnosis, and I thought I'd never be loved, and would never have a baby. I am immeasurably grateful for them both.

#8 Chelli

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wow Xena, that would've been so scary!

I am thankful someone started a thread to make remember what I am thankful for biggrin.gif

I am thankful that my family is happy and healthy

I am thankful we had some sunshine today instead of snow and bitterly cold wind from a couple of days ago.

I am thankful that I have an awesome support system.

#9 **Xena**

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (trebambinibelli @ 06/12/2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How scary for you OP!  Glad it was a false alarm.  Hope you get to see Blink 182 lol

It was one of the single most terrifying moments of my life. Only last about 10 mins but felt like days.

Felt so guilty too because just yesterday I had posted for someone to take my two youngest because they have been so naughty this week!

#10 *Lib*

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I am thankful that I found the motivation to go to the gym....I do feel so much better when I go, than when I spend the night making exuses at to why I dont want to go!!

I am thankful that my life is good.

#11 YoursMineAndOurs

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I am thankful for/that:

I will be on holiday in less than 2 weeks with my family. I haven't seen them in nearly a year and I can't wait!

That DS1 had an awesome kindy teacher. This woman is amazing and I will probably cry the last day of school. She has this incredible attitude which has blown me away, she had breast cancer earlier this year and it didn't slow her down. She always makes every child feel special on their birthday, she organizes something special every week so the kids don't loose interest, she organize a birthday party for Miffy (she's Dutch) and she made lolly bags for every child in the class and hand decorated them. Every time DS1 walks out he always has a smile on his face, he just loves her and I wish I bring her along every year.

#12 fruitbat72

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I am thankful for my gorgeous DH who makes me feel special all the time

I am thankful for having 3 beautiful healthy girls (who drive me crazy)

I am thankful for having a well paid permanent job that I enjoy

I am thankful that we have nearly finished the Xmas shopping

I am thankful that the mortgage is small and we are not struggling too hard financially

#13 *Lib*

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'm now thankful my husband has gone to bed to leave me doing my mindnumming forum bludge....and he's in DD's bed and she's in mine! Yay for morning hugs!!!

#14 GreenEggJimmyJamma

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I am thankful to my hairdresser for an awesome new hair style

I am thankful for my mum and dad taking the kids so I can have a break

I am thankful for my DH who has gone to supermarket for chocolate

#15 **Xena**

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

OMG I am halfway there with my ticket to Blink 182 due to donations. I can't believe this. Best joke I ever made laughing2.gif

#16 GlitterFarts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Edited by Freakypet, 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#17 JuniPooks_

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (DH+Me+2 @ 06/12/2012, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thankful for/that:

I will be on holiday in less than 2 weeks with my family. I haven't seen them in nearly a year and I can't wait!

That DS1 had an awesome kindy teacher. This woman is amazing and I will probably cry the last day of school. She has this incredible attitude which has blown me away, she had breast cancer earlier this year and it didn't slow her down. She always makes every child feel special on their birthday, she organizes something special every week so the kids don't loose interest, she organize a birthday party for Miffy (she's Dutch) and she made lolly bags for every child in the class and hand decorated them. Every time DS1 walks out he always has a smile on his face, he just loves her and I wish I bring her along every year.

Honestly, print that and give it to her, she will be thrilled to know her efforts matter.

#18 Madeline's Mum

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

How scary Xena! Yay for Blink, I hope you get there!

I am thankful for the amazing supportive friends I have both here and overseas. I've met these wonderful, kind and supportive network of women and I feel so blessed.

I am thankful for a well paying job in a supportive team in a position I love.

I am thankful that my husband stays home with our child, so he doesn't have to be in FT care, and that they get this awesome one on one interaction that's so different from mine and his.

#19 Illiterati

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (fruitbat72 @ 06/12/2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thankful that the mortgage is small and we are not struggling too hard financially

I look at my big mortgage and while it is sh*t scary, I am thankful because it reminds me that I am doing ok.

I am thankful one of my kids finally got 'caught being good' and had their name called out at assembly just two weeks before end of school for the year.

I am thankful because my mum who lives interstate rang up today and asked when she should come to look after the kids over the holidays as I need to keep working.

I am thankful that despite falling short everyday of the kind of mother I'd like to be my kids still kiss me every morning as they leave for school and tell me they love me.

#20 Gossipgirl

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I am thankful I have a awesome Dr who constantly goes the extra mile for his patients.
I walked into his office with 10 minutes until he is finished with no appointment and he saw my daughter who was sick ordered xrays and bloods (than sent me straight to hospital for the scans) and he does this often he also always tries and fits you in if you have a sick child  will do house calls after the  working day day if you can not see him and also tonight found out he offered to cover a patients script when he thought they may not be able to afford it.  He does so much more I could type for hours.

Very thankful for a Dr like him.

#21 notorico

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Xena what truly horrifying experience that must have been. A drink would have definitely been in order after that.

I am thankful that my son's surgery went well and he is home earlier than expected.

I am thankful for my family and friends that are the village that care for my other children each time I am in hospital with my son.

I am thankful for the wonderful caring children I have. Even though they fight like cats and dogs when the chips are down they are there for each other.

I am thankful for my sister who had something pretty waiting for me when we returned home to make me feel good about myself.

And lastly I am thankful for my husband who holds us all together during the difficult times and puts all our needs before his own.

#22 Dream Foundations

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

So many things.

I am thankful that, although I lost my job a month ago and my husband can't work, I have been offered enough work by former employers to survive the Christmas holidays and (the hidden blessing) the extra time that I get with my family as a result.

I am thankful that we have such lovely neighbours who aren't intrusive, but should you want a smile or a hand they will contribute.

I am thankful for all of my beautiful family - which includes my ex's family and my in-laws.

#23 R2B2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

I am thankful for the school community that have been an absolute blessing to our family over the last 2 weeks.

I am thankful that 6.5 years ago I discovered the best thing that ever happened to midwifery wink.gif
that there is a team of dedicated midwives who encourage endlessly for birth to be a normal event!

and for the best xmas present a mummy could ask for  wub.gif  our beautiful (almost) 2 week old baby girl snuggled on my chest.

sorry to hear you had such a stressful day Xena sad.gif

#24 agnodice

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I'm thankful that even though I whine about my male dominated, somewhat cliquey and political long hours job - that I have it, and that it will one day give me the flexibility to make of it what I choose.

I'm thankful that I had the gumption to take a year off from my 'corporate' and highly capitalist workplace and had the opportunity to realize that the strange model of long hours/high earnings/high consumerism is broken and I'd much rather be comfortable and enjoy my life than work hard just to accumulate material possessions.

I'm so thankful for my beautiful children who fill my heart with joy.

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 06/12/2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so used to living "paycheck to paycheck" that it hadn't really sunk in to me that I'm okay now. I wonder if I'll ever truly feel that.

I still don't Pooks and I've been in a well paying job for some years now.

In some ways it's good - it means I still pause to think about purchases.

#25 Therese

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband who is so patient and supportive.

I am thankful for my children who make me laugh all the time.

And I am thankful for some friends who have been there for me when I needed them this year. Without their support things would be much harder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.