Dam death dad Robert Farquharson
Update on his latest appeal

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hayleymumof3

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

His latest appeal has been DENIED.  I hope this was his final appeal and he can now allow the boys to rest in peace and their mother to grieve without having to hear about the events again and again and again.

UPDATE: A MAN who killed his three sons by driving them into a dam on Father's Day has lost his appeal against three murder convictions.

Robert Donald William Farquharson did not appear in the Court of Appeal this morning to hear three judges hand down the decision.

http://www.news.com.au/national/day-of-dec...1-1226531589177

#2 Chelli

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I agree, I hope that the boys' poor mother is able to grieve and not have to endure any more publicity.

#3 MrsLexiK

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

This is the best news I have heard all day.

#4 Phascogale

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Good.

#5 ednaboo

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Wow I misread your thread title as "Robert Farquharson dead".  Anyway, I am glad to see there will be no more court time wasted on this case.

#6 archygrouseferal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

There might be more time spent on him.  They're considering an appeal to the High Court.  mad.gif

#7 mmuc83

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Good - hopefully no more appeals!

#8 Colleer

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Good to hear the appeal has been denied.

#9 dessiesgirl

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I saw his story on Australian Story. They put a fairly convincing case for this being an accident. As much as it must be awful for the mother to relive the tragedy, he has a right to appeal if he feels he has not been treated fairly.

#10 Hayleymumof3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

As much as it must be awful for the mother to relive the tragedy, he has a right to appeal if he feels he has not been treated fairly.

dessiesgirl- Did you ever stop to think that maybe just maybe he is appealing just to control his ex wife?  Making her live through that horrible ordeal again and again and again.  So far he has had TWO trials and was found guilty both times by a jury of his peers, and a few appeals that haven't done him any good.  Each and every time his ex wife has to come in and give evidence again.  All the Evidence points to the fact that this wasn't an accident.

#11 dessiesgirl

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

I couldn't possibly say what his motives are, but in our system of justice he has the right to exhaust every avenue of appeal. If  all the evidence points to his guilt, then then, no doubt, any appeal to the High Court will be unsucessful too.

#12 Feral_Pooks

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

He's hurt that woman beyond my comprehension, now he is using the justice system to hurt her some more. that man is guilty as sin. I wish I believed in hell so I could take comfort in eventual justice.

#13 katpaws

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

he has a right to appeal if he feels he has not been treated fairly.

Being fairly treated would involve him being driven in a dam and left to drown in the car as it sinks to the bottom.

For once the justice system seems to be working, thankfully this man will never get out of jail regardless of how many appeals he puts in.

#14 opethmum

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Under the law a person has a right to due process and has a right to appeal whether you agree with that or not.
It is better for a guilty man go free than an innocent man convicted.

Yes it is horrible for that woman to go through it time and time again but he still has that right.

#15 katpaws

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

It is better for a guilty man go free than an innocent man convicted.

OT - Wouldn't that depend on what the guilty peson does outside (prison)? If a guilty person went free and killed a lot of people, wouldn't the number of deaths outweight the cost of an innocent person in jail? (The good of the many outweight the good of the few question) There have been more than enough murders with guilty people being set free recently.

#16 Dons

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Goodhe doesn't deserve another trial. I knew arthur freeman who threw his daughter off the Westgate Bridge and I think them appealing is a form of control for their ex wives I understand its their right to appeal so long as its denied everytime I'm happy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.