to the teachers/teacher aids...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -*meh*-

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I bow down...

This morning i got asked at the last minute to assist on the whole school pool excursion... not a problem i don't start work til after lunch.

So i assisted both DS1's and DS2's teachers and their classes, so 5 to 8 yr olds...

AND OMG!!!! Trying to organise a 25+ 5-6 yr olds is just a nightmare... then to try and watch them all in the pool... stop this one jumping on that one, stop that one running, take this one to the toilet, locate this ones goggles...

So... I bow down to you all!!!

Thank you for all your work!

#2 JRA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

cclap.gif cclap.gif cclap.gif cclap.gif cclap.gif tthumbs.gif tthumbs.gif

#3 BetteBoop

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thank God, someone isn't slamming teachers for a change.

I agree with you meh. They do a great job.

I help out with swimming at DD's school every Friday and it's exhausting. I bow down to all teachers and teacher's aides.

#4 **Xena**

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

I swear teachers are wizards!

#5 Kalota

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm a Prep teacher who just completed 2 weeks of swimming... And after coming home from a horrible, exhausting week this message is lovely! Thank you! original.gif

#6 Expelliarmus

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

You are so lucky this wasn't a slam Tounge1.gif I was prepared!

But thank you! I go swimming next Wednesday ...

#7 whatnamenow

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

i agree..  I had my ahh moment about 7 years ago.  DD's teacher asked me to help keep the kids on track while she had to do one on one reading tests.  this was grade 1.  Half an hour was enough to make me bow down to teachers wisdom and patience.

#8 butterflies

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I wouldn't be a teacher if you paid me a million dollars a year (which is what I think they should be paid  biggrin.gif )

and from me too a huge thank you to teachers for their brilliant work!! I love our school and their teachers.

#9 FuzzyMum

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (butterflies @ 07/12/2012, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't be a teacher if you paid me a million dollars a year (which is what I think they should be paid  biggrin.gif )

Now please butterflies on behalf of all teachers across Australia send this on to all relevant individuals. You know, just in case tongue.gif .

OP, thanks for the message. Some days can be a real challenge, but it is so much fun. I wouldn't personally do anything else.

#10 Dionysus

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

tthumbs.gif

#11 nik_klinger

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm loving this thread, keep bringing the positivity... please.

#12 CocobeanLillylove

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Good on you OP.
Like a PP said it can be challenging and certainly has it's moments but it can also be wonderful and it's a joy and privilege to get to know so many beautiful children every year.

#13 lamarque

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

original.gif  I agree.

I always laugh at the mums who are miffed at missing out on school excursions.  Umm why would you want to go again??  I'm always offering panadol as I wave the bus goodbye.  I seriously don't know how they do it.

DS has had a fabulous teacher this year.   cclap.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.