Which freight forwarder do you use?
Looking for cheaper options

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ~char~

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

I need to ship some clothes from the US to Aus. I don't mind how long it takes as I don't need them urgently. I've used borderlinx in the past and whilst their service is good and shipping is very fast, I've found their shipping costs of late to be very expensive.

Any suggestions?

#2 whale-woman

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

I've used bongous - fine but expensive, and shipito, which I prefer. (it gives the option of us postal which tend to be much cheaper than fedex etc.)

Edited by whale-woman, 08 December 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#3 SummerStar

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I use comgateway.com
They're in Oregon so no sales tax is added to any purchases and they don't charge any other fees besides shipping.
They ship with dhl and it comes with in 3 business days. First thing I ever bought using them was an iPad when it was first released and not available here.
It cost me USD$40 (could have even been a bit less, it was a couple of years ago) to have them send it here and that's all I was charged outside of the cost of the iPad itself. And no sales tax makes it even more worthwhile.

Edited by SummerStar, 09 December 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#4 *Lib*

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

http://www.emeraldcityshipping.com/

#5 Pamela72

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi there,    
I use goopping and comGateway. I think it has become very popular for Aussies to buy online over in the US due to our dollar against theirs. Unfortunately the freight forwarding companies have realised this and have put their shipping costs up recently. I got my DH a telescope last year for Christmas which is quite heavy, and in July this year I got something on amazon for less than half the weight and it cost almost as much to ship as the telescope.
So all in all I think whoever you go with it will cost about the same. I did some shopping around this Christmas and found that all of them have put up the prices.
Hope this helps.

#6 Foo-Foo-the-Snoo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I use http://www.shipito.com.

I've sent tons of shipments through them and have found them to be reasonably priced and reliable. It's especially cheap if you're on the virtual mailbox as then you only pay $2 forwarding plus postage charges.

I usually opt for International Airmail Priority as it's the best balance between cost and time frame. I've also used TNT courier occasionally which is a lot more expensive but is super fast.

#7 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

i use hopshopgo & never had an issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.