Roseaca
Rosex how often?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Greatmum

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hi,

Have Roseaca and use Rosex Dr said to use twice a day.  Can it be used more often? I didn't think to ask as thought twice a day would be enough.

Anything else you use?

#2 kristin5

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I used Rosex too. Supposed to be twice a day but sometimes I used it more. It stopped working/being effective after a while though and I was prescribed tablets (doxycycline) instead - was one per day, but now I am lucky to have one per week as I have the Rosacea under control (by using a different makeup, and skin care regime).

#3 Neriah is Feral

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

No creams ever helped me much at all and neither did the tetracycline. I had laser surgery. Only one treatment and it was reduced by more than 50%. I highly recommend having the procedure. Typically 3 to 6 treatments are done but I was only 17 and couldn't afford that (was about $500 a treatment in 2004). My face was terribly swollen for a few days but within a few weeks the change in my skin was amazing. People used to come up to me on the street and ask me what on earth was wrong with my face! Now I just look a little flushed sometimes. I might have the other treatments one day, but for now it doesn't bother me much at all.

Edited by Neriah, 09 December 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#4 pascalls

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I used to use Rozex. I have since seen a dermatologist & now use Finacea (over the counter cream) as well as Doxycycline 3 times a week. The combination is working for me in keeping it under control.

#5 Greatmum

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for your replies.  Mine doesnt look so bad just is feels soooo dry and gets itchy and the Rosex just seems to soothe it.

What makeup and skincare do you use Kristin5?

#6 kristin5

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Greatmum @ 09/12/2012, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your replies.  Mine doesnt look so bad just is feels soooo dry and gets itchy and the Rosex just seems to soothe it.

What makeup and skincare do you use Kristin5?

Ah, I remember those days! I use Avene skincare - the thermal spring water spray is wonderful to soothe angry, itchy skin. I also use the Extremely Gentle Cleanser followed by Skin Recovery Cream.

I use Clinique Almost Powder makeup and it is brilliant. Provides good coverage, and is light to apply (with a sponge or brush).

Before this I used Maybelline or Revlon, creamy-type foundations, but it turns out that they had ingredients which made the Rosacea worse (I also used to use Olay moisturiser, but that is a no-no now too, and I used to use facial wipes to take off my makeup - what an idiot I was! One holiday I got no sleep because I was up all night scratching my face; the heat combined with the wipes was a disaster for my skin!)

I can actually go out without makeup on now, something I would never have dreamed of a couple of years ago (prior to diagnosis).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.