Our Collies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tessied

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

I think Ausfive has inspired me to introduce my puppies original.gif

First up is Ryan, 10 years old, who is the food hog.  He's a rescue and my OH got him when he was about 5 or so.   He is deaf now and I'm sure he milks it for all it is worth.  He has been the pack leader most of his life as he does enjoy a fight (and he's had about 20 or so fosters to choose from over the years!) but I think he's about to lose that status.  Ryan is my OH's dog (and his daughter's).

Then we have Ziva, who is also his.  She is 5 years old and was shown for a while.  She's a very motivated little girl and loves to learn.  She is pretty much pack leader for now and has all the boys wrapped around her paw.  Ziva is a blue merle but heavily marked on one side as a tri so some judges liked her, some didn't.

Then Noah, also five years old and Ziva's litter brother.  He is my dog through and through.  Very energetic, motivated, and super sweet.   He's a 'failed' show dog...just didn't have it, but he did have fun doing it for a while.  He likes herding and lure coursing, whenever we get the chance.

And finally my beautiful new boy Rainer who is also mine and I'm already completed besotted with him.  He is just a beautiful boy, with a wonderful temperament - likes cuddles inside but outside he's still silly like the 18 month old puppy that he is.  He was technically a rescue as his owner died and he came into collie rescue for fostering and rehoming, but once we had fostered him I refused to let him go!  He will be going into the show ring hopefully soon.

#2 Therese

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Oh my, they are so gorgeous!

#3 FiveAus

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

All gorgeous, but oh my, I think I'm still a little bit in love with Noah. I remember him as an absolutely adorable puppy. Why didn't you keep showing him?

#4 *Ker*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

wub.gif I think Noah is stunning too!

#5 Tessied

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

He has a funny gait.  Never been able to figure out why, had chiro done, xrays done etc, it's just 'there'!?   Like a strange limp.   He has turned into a lovely boy....all wriggly and smoochy still like a big puppy.

#6 eilca

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Awww, all so adorable with their own personality.

#7 FiveAus

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

What a shame about Noah. I retired Dusty last year, she just wasn't good enough, although I've since has some pretty intense chiropractic work done on her and its fixed a lot if what I thought were inherent faults. She now gaits beautifully and has a nicer top line but she still isn't good enough to win a challenge and she doesn't much like it anyway.

#8 alexx28

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

My heart is totally for Collies. When my little girl is older we are putting our name down for a rescue Collie.

I had an amazing Collie when I was a teenager & well into my 20's. He was my best mate, so loyal & funny!!! He was a really funny dog. He would break up arguments between my brother & I (teenagers carrying on!) & do a better job of it than our parents!!

Ohh...all your dogs are amazing...I just want to rub that mane (you know that thick gorgeous hair under their mouth/chin). My dog LOVED it when he was freshly washed & I would groom him and use my hands & just massage him there.

I miss my boy.

Thanks for posting your pics!!!  biggrin.gif

#9 Goggie

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Collies are just great beauties. Love them!

#10 Tessied

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Alexx28, you should get one!  It's amazing how many people don't think to get one when they would really suit a lot of families who find the more traditional 'family dogs' like labs etc a bit too energetic.  

We foster a lot of collies through collie rescue and it's hard not to keep them all!

#11 *Ker*

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Snikky had a faulty gait, which is why she came to me. One of her legs is longer than the other, so she bunny hops like a rabbit lol.

#12 lamarque

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

My first dog as a young girl was a collie.  He was a tri-colour and I briefly showed him.

Broke my heart when I had to put him to sleep in my early 20's.  I still have a framed photo of him.  

They are beautiful dogs OP.  wub.gif  Thanks for sharing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.