What an idiot!
Could be a bit upsetting for some

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 missjoads1234

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

3am this morning i got an phone call on my landline. It went like this:

Me: "Hello...(barely awake)."
Man: "HELLLLP! He's raping me, HEEELLLLLLLLLP!!!
Me: "(still waking up) Hey what, whats going on?!" Who is this?"
Man: "(screaming) He's stabbing me!!!!! Stop raping me!!!"
Me: "(screaming now as well!) Who is this? Where are you? Are you in the house? (still dont think i was fully awake  huh.gif Talking to hubby - call 000 now!! Check the kids!! )
Man: "Are you there?"
Me: "Yes who are you? Whats happening? How did you get my number?"
Man: "He's stabbing me!"
Me: "WHERE THE **** ARE YOU?!"
Man: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Dont go and kill yoursef now will ya!"
He hung up.

Thanks alot you frigging idiot. You woke up an entire household with that joke. Not only that you scared us to death. I can only assume that was in relation to the hoax/prank call news happening??

#2 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

The word I'm thinking to describe him is much stronger than "idiot".

#3 Excentrique Feral

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

huh.gif some strange people in this word. and thats the nicest thing i have to say.

#4 missjoads1234

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

The word I'm thinking to describe him is much stronger than "idiot".

Oh dont worry it is a light word for how i feel about him, but the word for how i feel isnt really appropiate!"

Edited by missjoads1234, 10 December 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#5 seaside_feral

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

That's awful OP.  I'm sorry you got such a fright.
I think you should contact your local police station to report it & ask them to try to trace the call - in case it happens again, and also in case this person is in a habit of doing this to people. He may well be committing telecommunications offences.

#6 Carmen02

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

omg how awful OP, hope you can get the police help to get that low life

#7 Futureself

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Good grief, how does the world churn out these people?! I really despair, sorry you were their unlucky victim

#8 Chocolate Addict

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Was it a blocked number or did it show up? I'm assuming it would have been blocked but maybe you phone company can trace it

Not everyone has caller ID on their landline, we sure don't. I don't believe the phone company can trace a call after the event either.

I would definitely report it to the Police though.

#9 Madnesscraves

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I'd most definitely be reporting that to the police. I think Telecommunications do keep records of who called you. Just not what was in the call. They will be able to trace it to a number.

What a horrible person OP. I hope he gets caught.

#10 rainycat

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

What a tool, you could of done without that.
You said it was a man, so not a kid mucking around. How weird!

#11 Guest_~Songbird~_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I would call telstra and get a trace put on your phone today in case the idiot rings back. Then the police can prosecute and telstra can terminate their telecommunications.

There is no way of tracing this call unfortunately.

#12 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

What a  moron.

#13 CretaceousFeral

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Chocolate Addict @ 10/12/2012, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe the phone company can trace a call after the event either.

Yes they can. They need to know the time the call was made and the number that was called.

#14 baddmammajamma

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Ugh! What a digusting person.

Jodie, I hope the police are able to trace the call.

#15 Feral-as-Meggs

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (UgglePuggle @ 10/12/2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes they can. They need to know the time the call was made and the number that was called.

Totally they can.

Please report it, that's horrible.

#16 *maddierose*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Omg, wow. What a jerk.

#17 Guest_~Songbird~_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (UgglePuggle @ 10/12/2012, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No they can't. There has to be a trace on the phone for what you have suggested above to work. They have no way to trace such calls otherwise - that's why traces exist!. It isn't possible.

#18 la di dah

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Is it too late to try redial? You can get the number that way.

#19 MaggieL79

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Actually Songbird they can. I once had repeated lewd calls and the police traced and charged the man. Report it definitely, there is no excuse for that.

#20 kiam

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

They can work out who called you. I received a threatening phone call once and contacted the police (I suspected that it was my ex who I had a restraining order out against) and Optus were able to provide the police with the number. Turns out it was my ex's friend.

#21 Guest_~Songbird~_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Well telstra have told me several times that they can't.

#22 JRA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I would be reporting it to the police.

My guess is that they have done it to many people and they need the reports.

I cannot even explain what I think of someone doing that.

#23 JRA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I would be reporting it to the police.

My guess is that they have done it to many people and they need the reports.

I cannot even explain what I think of someone doing that.

#24 kiam

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (~Songbird~ @ 10/12/2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well telstra have told me several times that they can't.

When police are involved it's a different situation. They do have the records, I would assume that it would be some type of policy though that they cannot disclose numbers to customers.

#25 Covert

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (~Songbird~ @ 10/12/2012, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they can't. There has to be a trace on the phone for what you have suggested above to work. They have no way to trace such calls otherwise - that's why traces exist!. It isn't possible.

Only in the movies maybe.

All telco's are required to keep records for a minimum of a week.

Telstra would've provided information to the relevant authorities when the appropriate paperwork is submitted. They do not supply this information to civilians, which maybe why they told you that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.