Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 MarsBarSlice

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

GOLD - ye haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm happy to say that I've just finished writing all our Christmas cards so will be sent tomorrow. Yes I know it's late but hey, nothing like a bit of cheer continuing after Christmas Day. It will be a miracle if Aust Post get them to their desinations around the country by Christmas Day.

Must continue while I'm motivated, still haven't started wrapping yet.

Take care xx

#3 Shadowess

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

MBS, late??? try early! I haven't even started mine (still waiting for one lot to turn up from vistaprint!), and I haven't received any yet either. So, I don't think you're late at all!

Mama, hope the poo issue settles down!

MrsCee, it's such a relief to finally be in your new house, hey? enjoy it! Hope you have fun decorating!

And now, I can't remember what everyone else said in the last thread.

AFM, had the weekend on my own with the girls. Did a bit of Christmas shopping, visited some friends who are moving interstate soon, and caught up with an aunt who was visiting Canberra. So, nothing too exciting.

Only 7 (well, 6.5 now!) days until Christmas leave... can.not.wait. Boring as all hell here.

Fee

#4 Mamabug

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

HImself has mentioned that "we" need to do "our" Christmas cards.

After 16 years together he still doesn't get that 'I' don't 'do' Christmas cards!!!

I finally went on strike a year or two ago and refuse to write his cards - sadly, I still get him to tell me who he wants to send one too, and I sit with him and address the envelopes as he writes them...doormat, anyone???? rolleyes.gif

Biggest two kids had their first karate lesson today; seemed to enjoy it. The whole family has signed up as once you pay for two people (of any age), it becomes a family membership for unlimited numbers of family members!!!! Talk about value for the big family!

#5 Shadowess

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

These karate deals are pretty good, Mama. I joined when I was about 16, and it was something like $5 for a life membership and lesson prices were capped at $5 forever. I stopped going after a few years though.

#6 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I don't do Christmas cards either. It's laziness thinly veiled with a veneer of eco friendliness.

Mama I like your style re the tree ornament arrangement, I think I'll have to adopt that approach too. I'm far too hung up on the "but see now there's too many red stars all together" thing for my way to be any fun for my children  rolleyes.gif

Mrs Cee - great news you're into your place! Have a wonderful first Christmas there  biggrin.gif

Jen how's things in snowy Beijing?

I finally got a few Christmas items crossed off the list this morning, still have a few to go though. I wish Christmas presents were limited to children only. Bah humbug!!

#7 Mamabug

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (ThatsNotMyName @ 11/12/2012, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mama I like your style re the tree ornament arrangement, I think I'll have to adopt that approach too. I'm far too hung up on the "but see now there's too many red stars all together" thing for my way to be any fun for my children  rolleyes.gif

Yup - I don't like a tree that isn't the way I want it!!! Did you notice that I said I actually hand out the ornaments - so only the ornaments I want on the tree go on the tree (apart from the ones I later remove...but they are all of the 'right' colour or 'type'!).

I currently have silver, blue and red glass balls in three different sizes. To ensure that there is an even mix of all put up without having half empty boxes of each, I put an even number of each colour in each box when I put them away.

That way, when I hand out ornaments from one box, there is the perfect mix....yes. I know I have issues... tongue.gif

#8 MarsBarSlice

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wow, good to know it's not just me Mamabug, thank you

#9 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Yes I have red and gold balls and stars of equal number and some little gold bells which were originally 12 in number but one has been lost. It bothers me every single year that it's unbalanced lol!

#10 Mamabug

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (ThatsNotMyName @ 11/12/2012, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It bothers me every single year that it's unbalanced lol!

Hmmm...reading back over my own post, combined with yours and the one from MBS...I'm not entirely convinced it is just the trees that are unballanced!! blush.gif

#11 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 11/12/2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm...reading back over my own post, combined with yours and the one from MBS...I'm not entirely convinced it is just the trees that are unballanced!! blush.gif

biggrin.gif

#12 MarsBarSlice

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

And we thought we had only come together for one reason, as we get to know each other we have so much more in common.

We went to the Wiggles today and had a great time.  Even DS2 got into it and was dancing and laughing.  I bought them a Dorothy tail and a Wags tail and DS1 kept swapping them to match whoever was on stage.  They introduced the new Wiggles and they gave a performance, might take quite a bit of time to get used to.

DS2 has been in bed over 1/2 an hour and still not asleep.  He is singing and chatting to himself so at least he isn't crying.  I really really need him to sleep or he will be restless tonight.  He slept in the car for 20mins and think that's it, he never transfers.

DS1's behaviour has really settled down.  We had a few bad days but that was because we pushed him beyond any child's limit on the weekend and knew we'd pay the consequences.  I'm really proud the way he has settled down and being so much nicer to his brother.  He evens offers his favourite toy to calm him down  wub.gif

Sorry it's a me post, just realised.  Hope your day is as fun as ours has been.  laugh.gif

#13 Shadowess

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Can't believe it's Monday again... at least I only have 3 days of work left. Things are still really quiet around here... just hanging out for the re-org next year. I think I'll fill up my week with lunch and coffee dates.

I'm booked in for surgery on Thursday, but now I don't know whether I'll be able to have it done.. After going the better part of a year without a period, I had one turn up over the weekend, and I'm not sure whether they can still do the surgery. Will have to call up and ask, and fingers crossed it disappears by Thursday! Typical that it would happen now...

What's everyone else up to? All done with the shopping yet? I've finished my present buying, it's just food etc to get now. Pretty pleased that I've got everyone sorted now!

I took Ruby to her first school disco on Friday night. That was pretty fun! It was a whole school affair, so everyone from pre-school to year 6. She had a ball, running around with her friends, and I got to catch up with some of the mums. Actually, I was amazed that a lot of them don't know many of the kids, but I know most of them, even though Ruby does before and after school care and I don't see many fof the other kids. You always feel like you're left out of the loop, when you're not doing the normal school hours, but it turns out I'm one of the more informed parents!

Anyway, that's about it from here... hope everyone's well!

fee

#14 Caramel Latte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Howdy

Been meaning to post for a while but read General, regret it and leave (forgetting why I logged on to start with).

Hope all is well. More a stressing post sorry.

Oreo: I was ok with sugar/lactose intolerance, dealt with before and not as bad as it was with Dd#1. BUT, this multiple food allergy is another thing!

I know I am lucky she can eat - meat, veggies and so far, a couple of items from health food section. But as she's still reacting to things am worried that after Fridays apt, they'll reduce her food "can" eat list further or worse still hospitalise her (is option depending on Fridays apt). Looks like she will be on Formula for two years but that too gets confirmed on Friday.

Probably over stressing. It's been thanks to the formula (still on 4/5 bottles a day) that her weights increased (a huge positive) but still not yet doubled her birth weight. That not an issue either as still on same line on chart. So far doing all she is meant to and so I've nothing really to stress about other than her diet. I am sure I could make it more interesting so will just keep working on it.

Me: just having a bad day and don't want to bother anyone.

#15 Mamabug

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

DF - hang in there. It takes an awful lot of brain-power when trying to make palatable meals from a limited list of ingredients. If you can give me an idea of what she can and can't have, I might be able to offersome ideas from my own experiences. bbighug.gif

All quiet here. Biggest Bug is home unwell, but we are having a lovely time without Master and Little bugs home. We don't often get quiet time together at home - I'm really enjoying it.

#16 Caramel Latte

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thank you!

i know she can't eat: allergic to: rye, soy, nuts, eggs (yolk and white), dairy, wheat (pls note: I could've forgotten something). Intolerant to: all forms of sugar inc lactose.

So far that left meat and vegetables BUT its been a case of searching and reading everything. Found some items in health food section that was totally free of everything on her list. I'm so inexperienced and sure there is more things she can eat but so far everything we've tried, she's reacted too. I've found substitute for egg so that may help. She's not a huge vegetables so its a case of persisting.

#17 Mamabug

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

This might give you a few ideas if you haven't seen it already. I have found it REALLY worth the money.

There are also a few really good websites with food ideas. I'll try to hunt down the links for you.

#18 Caramel Latte

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thank you Mumabug for the info, very appreciated.

#19 Fillyjonk

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hey hey. I am sorry I am such a slack China correspondent. Our computer is upstairs and we do most of our living downstairs so I don't get much chance to read as well as post. Even now, I am about to run out to buy some food (cupboards are bare) so this will be quick.

It is frightfully cold here (forecast low of -17 on Thursday). We have had a couple of days of snow but it is generally too dry to get much. Snow is inconvenient, but fun!!

As some of you will have seen on facebook, Owen is all ready to start school after Christmas. I am not sure if he is excited or not - probably more cautiously curious. I think he will love it, though. It is a great school, from what I have seen and heard. Still, I am grieving that my baby is growing up and is not a baby anymore.

On babies, Monday was Eden's due date and I am still feeling pretty down about that. I thought I was completely over it but I think I just delayed some of the grief with the busyness of the move. To be honest, I have no idea how I would be coping with a newborn right now, but I am still shattered that he isn't here.

Sorry, this is just spiralling into self indulgent pity and we really do need some food. So I am going to cut it short here and come back soon with all the news of exciting things we have seen and done.

Take care everyone

Jen

#20 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Jen there's nothing self indulgent about living & expressing your grief. It's real and justified and you should never apologise for it. We're all terribly sad that Eden's not with you too xxx

#21 Mamabug

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Oh Goosey, missing a loved member of the family who isn't with you is by no means whining or self-indulgent. sad.gif

#22 Caramel Latte

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Agree with Mumabug, Goosey "missing a loved member of your family who isn't with you is by no means whining or self-indulgent". We are here listen if you need to talk xox

Shadowess: how was your op?

Hi to all! Hope all is well.

#23 Shadowess

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Goosed, thinking of you... Like the others have said, not self indulgent at all...

Are you ttcing again? I hope you get some good news soon.

Df, op went well, thanks for asking! I went private, and I was amazed at the difference in before and after care compared to when I had my d&c as a public patient. Well, I shouldn't say care, but I'm not sure what word to use. Eg: once I was admitted, I had a bed to wait in, instead of sitting in a waiting room, all gowned up. I was wheeled to theatre, instead if walking there myself and climbing into the table, and I went back to a proper ward, after recovery. Anyway, gyno was happy, I'll see him again in 4 months. Only a small bit of cramping afterwards, but pain free now.

I had my implanon out while I was under. So, now we just have to hope for no surprises! Going to let my body be hormone free for a few months... It's been 15 years since I haven't either been on the pill, ttcing, pregnant, or have the implanon.

I had the same anethetist as when I had my elbow op last month... He was funny, they probably don't see too many people more than once, as you usually pick your surgeon, not the gas guy. Hen his nurse calls me n a few weeks as a follow up, this time I will not be saying that I'd be happy to go back to him again, as I think I jinxed myself when I said that last time!

Anyway, we've just been to do the christmas food shopping... Craziness! Going to try and get to the gym this afternoon too.

Catch you all soon,

Fee

#24 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Christmas food shopping. Head in sand. Don't know what you're talking about.  wwhistle.gif

Glad it went well Fee original.gif

#25 MarsBarSlice

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Shadowess - Glad all went well

DF - I hope you sort out Oreo's diet soon

GooGoose - I agree with everything that has been said. We can't help the way we feel and should just go with it to make our way out the other side

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and an awesome New Year.  Look forward to speding time with you all next year. xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.