Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #21

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#26 Nutty nut

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Congrats Kristy on little Callan's arrival!

Due date today. Have been coping really well up until now, but all of a sudden I'm impatient: think it's because the nursery is finally ready, and I was rather attached to this rather cool birthday. Bubs is currently squirming like crazy, but there's nothing else happening. Given it's bubs number one, it think I'd have to go into labour right now to ave a chance.

Should go back to cleaning the house...... Hopefully all that bending might bring something on!

#27 KiwiMelW

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that our little boy Leo Kahurangi Whelan arrived on the 10 of Dec. he was 6 pound 14 and 48cm long. He's allArms and legs with huge feet.
We are so in love!! First babies. We're originally having issues with feeding as he would fall asleep and I couldn't keep him awake but now he seems to be going well and we are just waiting for my milk to go in.
Good luck to everyone else. hugs to everyone

#28 MuppetGirl

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Congratulations Kristy and Mel original.gif <3

For those still waiting I totally know how you feel! In my last DIG my DS was born on Jan 30th (due on Jan 21), it sucks when you are waiting and there are just constant arrivals and you want bub in your arms! Hang in there original.gif

#29 natalia2482

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Congratulations KiwiMel and Kristy!!!  Hope all is going well.

#30 Zingiber

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

hi all and congratulations to those with arrivals

i'm now 40+3 and COMPLETELY over it.

feet ache, terrible carpal tunnel in my hands, back and hips ache yet Madam is showing no signs of wanting to make an appearance.

Walked 3km yesterday (cannot even describe the agony i was in at the end), had SnS in the afternoon (ouch!), induction acupuncture this morning but....NOTHING. Ob says cervix is soft and dilated to 2cm and that she could feel the top of Madam's head but that seems to be it. She's not moving!

I've got till next Thursday afternoon then its an induction which i really don't want, not to mention being in hospital right up until Christmas Eve......if this kid ever complains even once about her birthday being so close to Christmas!

So if anyone has any suggestions in how to get this one moving they'd be much appreciated!

#31 LunaTwilight88

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Congratulations Kristy and KiwiMel. Glad your doing well.

For anyone who gives birth close to Christmas i was watching the today show this morning and they were talking to Ita Buttrose whose daughter was born Christmas Eve. She said whenever her daughter complained about her birthday being close to Christmas she told her to be quite and be glad she's here. I thought it was a fabulous line to keep in my memory bank for when bubs starts complaining about the same thing.

Edited by kjdean1988, 13 December 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#32 Zingiber

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

yes - i watched that segment with Ita too.

But i'm more likely to say "look kiddo....you were meant to come out on the 10th so don't blame me for your tardiness!"

#33 ~bluebird~

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Congratulations kristy and kiwimel and others who have had bubs in last few days,

Jlhb, hope everythingis going well

I'm getting very jealous of everyonewho has had bubs, and i'm not even overdue yet

Zingiber no suggestions sorry i've tried talking to bubswhen he does huge kicks out my belly and telling him it would be easier doing that on the outside, but he's not listening.

At least it's a bit cooler in melb today.i'd really hate to be due at the end of summer.

#34 natalia2482

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Zingiber, I'll PM you know with a list of things I was told to start trying from next week to bring on labour!:)

#35 natalia2482

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Zingiber, can you try PMing me and I'll try reply.  I've just tried to send you a PM but for some reason it won't let me send to you??

#36 Shamoo

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hi everyone
I haven't been in here for awhile, congratulations to everyone who has had their baby!
To those that are still waiting, hoping you don't have too much longer to go.

AFM
We welcomed Lilah into the world on tues 11/12/12, 6pd 10oz  biggrin.gif

We were booked in for our induction on Monday night.
Unfortunately after 24 hrs of contractions with 2 lots of gels, my waters being broken & copious amounts of the oxy drip nothing had progressed & we were advised a c-section would be our best option.

I had a major freak out in theatre & a horrible reaction to the drugs but in the end we have our little lady.

She is just perfect  wub.gif

#37 rolandsmum

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi everyone, its been a while since i have been in here, sorry!!

congrats to everyone that as had there bubs!!

well today is my due date and there are no signs that bub wants to make an appearance! i haven't seen the OB in 2 weeks as we have all been sick, but last time i was there i was only 1cm and 50% effaced, so im hoping i have dilated more when i go to my appointment this coming Tuesday, they are also going to talk to me about when to do an Induction.

i just want my baby girl here, im getting impatient and fed up of walking like a penguin lol

#38 kavya12

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hi Everyone, just wanted to drop in to give an update. After a marathon labour lasting 24 hours with gel, breaking waters, drip and finally forceps on 121212, our son was born weighing 8 pounds. Bub has slight jaundice but is otherwise doing good.

Congratulations to everyone who had their bubs. And to those waiting, enjoy your sleep while it lasts :-)

#39 porkchop's mama

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Congrats kristy and kiwimel.

Hello other ladies still waiting!  

AFM
I'm 38w4d today and my bump has gotten even larger in the last week.  I think I'm finally feeling Braxton Hicks but not that often.

Had a few days of just being so down and over it all - the aches, the nausea and the fatigue but I've been feeling better these last few days.  My in laws are visiting this week and I get to see my little nephew who will be just the motivation I need to keep myself together in these final days / weeks.

The house is as ready as it can be for bub's arrival.  His big cot is fully decked out and I've ordered the bassinet to be delivered for Dec 22, we are hiring it for 12 weeks.  Wonder if bubs will have outgrown it by this time.  I've set up the floor gym, the bouncer and hung up his clothes.

Not much to do but wait and give in to whatever weird thing it is I want for my next meal.

Take care everyone.

XXX

#40 Nutty nut

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Where has everyone gone! Hopefully having babies! I'm not........ 5 days over and getting very impatient. If it comes tomorrow though, it will share a birthday with Daddy.

#41 ~bluebird~

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I havn't gone anywhere Rednut. 39 wks today and really uncomfortable.

Just swept the house and now i need a nap.

Congratulations kavya and shamoo.well done for getting through such long deliveries.

Hopefully not too much longer or the rest of us.

#42 Oma Desala

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

waves.gif I'm still here too.

huge congrats to everyone who have had their babies so far.

39+2 today and really over it. The thought that this could last up to another 3 weeks is also quite disheartening. Been having lots of BH and period pain but bub seems to prefer the slowly,slowly approach.  ddown.gif

Went out to visit the inlaws last weekend and while it was nice to see them it's a bloody long drive (just over 3 hours). Would have been nicer if they'd just stopped in for a coffee the week before when they were down our way. (they litterally drove past out exit on the highway and we're not even 2 mins from the exit) DH also got into an argument with his dad over letting them know when I go into labour. They want to know when it starts but as DH told him it could last 3 hours or it could go on for days and by the time we know it's for real the only people we'll be calling will be mum so she can take DS and our midwife so she can come to us. He also got majorly p*ssed when we said that no one would be visiting for the first 24hours anyway, not even my parents (and we share a house with them. They'll be staying at my sister's). I know they're excited but with Christmas and new years just around the corner we are going to be inundated with house guests soon enough without having people turning up within hours of giving birth while we should be sleeping or worse, having them turn up while I'm still in labour. Now that would be awkward. luckily for me DH has taken the blame for all of this. They'll forgive him, they'd never forgive me.

Sorry for the me, me, me post. It does feel good to get it all out though.

Sending speedy labour vibes to all who are yet to birth.

Love to all

Edited by Oma Desala, 17 December 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#43 Brown_dog

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Im still here to - my due date is exactly 1 week away today!! yay - i still haven't had any BH but some period like pain (maybe that is BH).

Still feeling pretty good - hot here in QLD - so sweating it up big time.  I just have a feeling that I will go early... hmm lets see if my maternal instincts are working yet.

Oma i am feeling for you - re inlaws.  Mine don't live around here so i have the MIL staying with us for a week in Jan... if i go late bubs will only be 2 weeks old - so not looking forward to it. (i know it sounds horrible but i wouldn't even want my own parents staying that long!).

ALSO.. CONGRATS to all!! tell us how its been having your little bubbas?

I am dying to know - im not sure reality has set in yet for me.

#44 Stardusties

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Just popping in to say congratulations for those who have had their babies. I'm still waiting for Lil Miss, am at 39+5 today and feeling very uncomfortable. Ribs are hurting, pelvis is hurting, back is hurting. Everything hurts LOL. I can only hope she's here soon, I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with it.

Is anyone else super hormonal these days? It seems I cry at the drop of a hat and have been extremely cranky at everyone, especially poor DP. He's handling it like a trooper though, even if he does get obnoxious with me sometimes which doesn't really help things. Hoping it all settles down a bit once I go back on the pill.

Anyway sending labour vibes to everyone still waiting. Hope you all have speedy deliveries!

#45 mels123

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm still here too!
That sucks Oma- there is nothing worse! I have been fighting with my mum for the last few weeks too about visiting- I don't want her to (as we live 6 hours away and so a 'quick visit' will undoubtedly turn into at least one overnight) and we will be going back to the coast for Christmas anyway a few days later. And I can't handle her at the best of times let alone when I'm sore and tired and emotional and feeling disgusting.

I feel your pain Red Nut- I'm 4 days overdue today. Am booked in for induction on Friday (I will be 41 + 1). I have been really good all pregnancy emotionally but I lost it today. Saw the obstetrician and just couldn't stop crying! My regular midwife was running 5 minutes late and another one came in to take my blood pressure and I lost it! Crying and carrying on. My obstetrician gave me my third S & S and that made me cry too, because the last 2 didn't work. Working out a date for induction made me cry because I wanted them to do it tomorrow, but she wouldn't. Then a friend rang and asked how I went at the doctors and that made me cry. I felt totally ridiculous! My poor husband didn't know what to do because I think the entire time he's known me I've cried maybe twice. (I'm not a crier!) Anyway, he felt really bad for me, so I got dinner made and the house cleaned and ice-cream bought for me, which was nice.

Anyway, enough whinging! Trying to see if the positive thinking thing works (because nothing else seems to!) Best of luck to everyone going in soon!!!

#46 Meg88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi all!

Been a while since I've posted but thought I would update.

Baby Thomas arrived on Wednesday 5th December (38+5) at 4:26am after 5hrs of pretty intense contractions and an all natural water birth. The birth couldn't have gone better and our little man is just beautiful, I'm so in love <3
He weighed 3090g and was 50cm long.

Today was my 1st day home alone with him, went well but it is nicer having DH around. Will probably try my 1st solo trip out with him tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyones whose little ones have arrived, and labour vibes to those who are still waiting.

#47 letsgivethisago

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Congrats tp everyone who has finally got to meet their little bubs!!

I'm still here, still waiting to meet the little man and starting to get a little impatient. 39+6 today, had loads of BH and pains and yesterday had a very sudden bout of dizzyness, nausea and shaking, hoped it was the start of something but nothing eventuated unfortunately.

Bubs movements have slowed down significantly in the last 24hrs but I'm trying not to stress as I know that can happen before bubs arrives. Just getting to the point now where I want to be able to hold our bubs and know all is ok. Also a bit nervous about the birth though.

Meg88 congrats your birth sounds fantastic, I'm hoping I can manage something like that but not feeling 100% confident at this stage!

Good luck to all for the arrivals!

#48 Nutty nut

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Alright, now I've tried chilli, sex, long walks including 4 hours at a major shopping centre, raspberry leaf tea, acupuncture... A friends going to have a crack at hypnosis this arvo. Anything else I've forgotten?

( and this is little ol' western science, show me the trials, me talking.)

Induction booked for Friday, and I'm getting resigned to the fact that we'll end up going down the epidural/ intervention pathway once we start the syntocinon. After doing the hypnobirthing, this should all be cruisey thing it's all getting a bit disappointing. Come on bubba, we want you out safely!

#49 mcchickies

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi ladies just popping into say Little Casey Alan was born 13th dec 8:46 am weighing 7 pound 6 :-) this was his due date too :-) bbluestork.gif  wub.gif  bbabyflip.gif  wub.gif  bbabyflip.gif  bbluestork.gif we are both doing well & settling in at home now :-0

goodluck to everyone stil awaiting your little bubs xxxxxxxxxxxxx hope its soon enough for u all xxxxxx

pm he was born not am oopps

pm he was born not am oopps

#50 frogcal

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Congrats Meg and Mcchickies!
Red nut don't talk yourself into things that might not happen. I have had 2 inductions and both times only needed gel and waters to break for things to happen and gas only for pain. You may not need synto to get going and induction does not necessarily lead to more intervention. Good luck.
Oma have things your way. If you don't tell them they can't show up.
Stardusties I was super hormonal at the end. Cried at everything, like you not normally a crier so dh didn't quite know what to do.

Afm things almost have a routine here. Alana sleeping better at night so I am getting some good 2~3 hours sleeps in which is handy as dh is working around 16 hours a day. Not ready for Christmas but still have a week to get that sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.