Due in December 2012 Chat Thread #21

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#51 Marah'smom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hi ladies

Just letting you all know we named our little DD Ifraah- which means "happiness" , "joy" in Arabic. After having had a miscarriage 2 years ago and an illness which led to us havin to wait to ttc for a year, her arrival has certainly made us happy!

All's good- just dealing with the sleepless nights and round the clock feeding  wacko.gif

Good luck to all those waiting on their little arrivals. Hope it happens soon for you- especially those overdue already.

Edited to add: congrats to all new arrivals!

Edited by Marah'smom, 18 December 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#52 porkchop's mama

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Congrats to all the new mummies!

39 weeks tomorrow for me.  Still waiting.

#53 jeska~and~her~secret

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone
Well it's been months since I last posted - sorry.  blush.gif  I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to everyone who has had their bubs, and well done as well.

Like the rest of you who remain pregnant, I am completely over it. Just. So. Tired. I'm not in too much pain, but I am sick of the tiredness, the need to eat a tiny meal every half an hour, and the waiting. We banned all relatives from visiting until the baby comes (they live interstate) because of what happened with DD was born (i.e. they drove me bonkers while we all waited for DD, who was six days late), but I am almost regretting that. I could really use a hand and some more rest. At least DP finishes up at work on Friday - only three days to go.

Anyway, I am following everyone's progress and I really hope it all goes well (and quickly) for you all. Merry Christmas.  xmas_cool.gif

#54 FourLittleLoves

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Sorry for being MIA, congratulations on all the new arrivals! I havent been back to read the last few pages but will hopefully have a chance to thursday when DH finishes work for the year.

I am so happy to announce that our family is now complete with Beatrice Liora arriving in time for breakfast friday morning. wub.gif
We left hospital 5 hours after her birth and its been straight back in to regular routine since then but with more visitors.

#55 Stardusties

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Yay!! Congrats MrsP!! I'll admit to stalking for an update from you  ph34r.gif Because I wanted to know what you'd call the new arrival (I adore your boys names) and I very much approve!

#56 Bellefin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hi all and congratulations on all these beautiful babies!! Ob convinced me to be induced at 39+3 because of the risk her head would come out but shoulders get stuck. Turns out she was only 8lbs 2 and born in one push but we have our beautiful baby so none of that matters now. Bday is 18th and think we are calling her Serafina, just getting used to it before I announce it. So excited about DD coming to meet her tomorrow morning.

#57 ~bluebird~

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Congratulations bellefin, mrs potatohead marahs mum, mcchickies and anyone else i've missed.

Oma- its dissapointing that family can't be more supportive, labour and birth is such a personal time and you should b e able to let them know what you want without arguement.

Afm, so sick of having to pee every 5 minutes. Bh are really uncomfortable now if there is anything in my bladder, there's just no room left and my belly is hard pretty much all the time.
My mum is coming to stay for a few days tomorrow, which will be nice because shes my babysitter for ds, and living so far away ive been worried she wouldn't get here in time if things move quickly

#58 Pssst...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Congratulations MrsPH!!

And just in case you miss it in the TTC#2 grads, Belle, congrats to you too. One push! Impressive! original.gif

#59 Nutty nut

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Frogcal! Practising lots of positive visualisation, I completely agree you can talk yourself into things going well, or not so well....
Congrats to all the new arrivals. Can't wait for my baby cuddles, now one week overdue and very impatient. Is anyone else out there in the same boat?

#60 natalia2482

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi all.  Congrats MrsP, Bellefin, Mahra's mum, meg and McChickies!!

I'm getting very impatient now with all these babies being born!!

Rednut, i'm not overdue yet, but feeling very impatient!

Had a bit of a scare yesterday.  Had an OB appointment and mentioned to her the baby had been a little quiet on Monday and yesterday morning.  She did a scan and put me on a monitor....well of course, bubs decides to then put on a show and go hypo!!!!  So much so that it's heart rate was so high that after 2 hours of monitoring at the OB's and it not coming down they sent me to the hospital to the delivery suite!  I crapped myself as they told me if it didn't come down they would be dong a c-section.  I wasn't prepared for that.  Eventually after 7 hours, the baby setteled thank god and they let me go home.  I just really want this baby to come naturally!!

Anyway, for anyone out there are feeling over it, here are some things that we've been given to try now to try to bring on labour natrually.  Not sure if they will work, but I'm giving them a go from now.

Hot & Spicy Foods - Mexican or Italian Foods with 'lots of hot'.  Works by stirring up the digestive process in your body and by doing this you also stir up your birhting muscles and your body into action.  We were give this recipe to try:  http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Lovemaking - If your membrane hasn't released, make love.  Semen contains the hormone prostaglandin which helps to soften the cervix.  A friend of mine actually swears by this.....she just had a baby 3 weeks ago and was 2 days over....she said they made love and an hour later lost her mucus plug and contractions started a few hours later!!

Visualization/nipple stimulation - while your nipples are being stimulated, use the rosebud visualization, focusing on the rosebud slowly unfolding.  Nipple stimulation triggers the hormone connection and produces oxytocin that can start contractions.  The rosebud opening is like your cervix opening and the baby going through smootly.
http://www.revostock...e-opening-1.htm

http://www.pond5.com...ha-matte-1.html

Walk - Go for a walk each evening, as much as you feel comfortable with

Bath - Medium-hot bath to provide relaxation and scoop the water over your abdomen and nipples.

Accupressure - get your partner to massage just above your ankles after a bath.

Cleanse - Take 1/2 tablespoon of castor oil every half hour for three doses.  Because the oil creates a pulsating action in the bowel, it stimulates the onset of labour.

Good luck and hope this helps!!

#61 porkchop's mama

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Congrats Mrs PH!

Natalia - so glad everything is okay.  Thanks for the tips about labour.

AFM

39 weeks today and feeling it.  I'm sort of in the Christmas spirit but also very preoccupied with bubs.  I just can't wait for us to meet him.

Seeing my obs tomorrow.  He's going to do an exam, hope I'm somewhat dilated?!  

Otherwise, bubs is rolling around and active most hours of the day.

Hang in there girls!

XXX

#62 Miss Monica

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hi everyone,
I have been very absent from this forum but kept popping in during the year. Congrats to all who have had their Due December bubbas. Our little girl was born Sat 8 Dec and all went well! Adjusting to life as a family of 5...!

All the best xxx

#63 porkchop's mama

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Congrats Miss Monica.

Well, bubs is staying put and isn't leaving until he's good and ready.  Want to the obs today and I'm not dilated at all.  He reckons we're looking at after Dec 27. So 40 weeks plus.

XXX

#64 natalia2482

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Porkchops, bummer.....but I guess the baby will come when he's ready to make his appearance:)  I'm having an internal done on Monday so we'll see what my ob has to say as I'll be 1 days off 40 weeks then.

#65 porkchop's mama

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Natalia, sending positive vibes that there's action on Monday for you.

I'm getting high kicks in the ribs but at least I feel human in the afternoon now.

X

#66 Stardusties

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone. Popping in to let you know that our gorgeous baby girl Ariana Grace was born at 10.30am this morning (20/12) at 40weeks 1day. She weighed in at 7 pounds exactly and is 51cm long. It was a fairly painful back labour and I cried and screamed my head off LOL. By the time I'd realised the awful back pain was contractions it was too late for drugs, so it was an all natural water birth, with our lucky lady being born with the waters still intact.

She's the love of my life and I've never seen anything more perfect  wub.gif

#67 B0612

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi Ladies,

A big congrats to all that have their little ones in their arms!

Also a good luck to those awaiting the arrival of their little ones.

I wanted to pop in and announce the arrival of my son Bodhi Kimberley born on his due date Mon the 17th Dec 2012 at 617pm weighing 9pounds and measuring 56cm long. I had a wonderful natural water birth and could not be happier. Now enjoying being at home and bonding as a family.

Have a wonderful xmas everyone original.gif

#68 ruthlet

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Congratulations to everyone and their beautiful babies! original.gif

No movement at the station here - 40 weeks today and increasingly impatient. Have had a stretch and sweep and was only 1-2cm dilated, so don't think I'll be going any time soon. DD was born at 39+3, so I'm well and truly over it!

#69 Nutty nut

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ah Ruth, don't worry. 40 plus 8 today, and my cervix was still closed! Post gel, and I've had enough contractions that I'm being kept the night, so all is not lost!

#70 Jlhb

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi everyone just dropping in to say that our baby girl Jeorgia was born on the 14th December at 37 weeks and 5days by c section due to pre eclampsia and IUGR. Jeorgia weighed 2.905kg was 48.5cm long and is doing just fine. We are home now and negotiating the painful perils of split nipples and trying to breast feed!

Edited by Jlhb, 21 December 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#71 mels123

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ahh went to hospital this morning to get induced- was supposed to be an easy, text-book one where they just have to break my waters, but my naughty baby decided to go breach since my last obs appointment on Monday. And being close to xmas, everyone is on holidays, so I now have to travel to Brisbane (6 hours away) and try an ecv, and if that doesnt work, an elective c section. Already 8 days over and really wanted to be out of hospital with my bubba by xmas.   sad.gif

#72 ruthlet

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hope it has gone well, Rednut.

Congrats, Jlhb.

Good luck, Mels123. I hope it goes smoothly.

#73 MuppetGirl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Good luck Mels.

Congrats to all the latest arrivals hheart.gif

#74 Leafprincess

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

ohmy.gif Mels123
I hope you made it to Brisbane safely.

I live in Brisbane CBD let me know if you need anything while you are here.

Congrats to the arrivals all round

Sabre is thriving, 60th percentile for weight & 70th percentile for growth.
Not bad for being 3.5 weeks early.
Had his vaccinations today, tiny cry, sleeping soundly since.
He's a very good baby

#75 ~bluebird~

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hi all,
Congratulations, jlhb miss monica, Stardusties, and bron.

After a quick labour compared with number 1 on 20/12/2012 ds George was born at 39+3, weighing 3.6kg. Home now, bubs feeding well and ds1 is smitten (though a little enthusiastic at times).

Bellefin, i was thinking of your 1 push effort while in labour and think it helped me focus, i needed about 5, but certainly a lot easier than last time.

Wishing good labour vibes for all of you still waiting.
i'm so happy with how things went and my gorgeous boy has been very well behaved so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.