Im 40 and im pregnant again!
40 year old mum to be

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 taritta

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hi I just found out a week ago I'm pregnant with my third child ( I also have 2 step children) . We are very happy if some what surprised, but I am so tired, much more tired than I was with my other children, is this normal? I wish I could sleep all day. But if I'm not at work 2 days a week I'm home with a 3 year old. Oh and feeling sick on and off all day.

#2 Superman+4sisters

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Congratulations! Yes, fatigue is very normal  original.gif  There is literally no time to rest, you don't get to pace yourself, and of course you're older original.gif

Certainly get your levels checked etc, if your doctor feels it's indicated

All the best for your pregnancy hheart.gif

#3 fluttershy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Edited by EHB, 18 January 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#4 tres-chic

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Congratulations OP!

I was pregnant with my third at forty too, made for a very quiet, restrained 40th!

Tiredness was always (and still is) the hardest part to manage. I found exercise the best way to increase my energy levels.

All the best!

#5 PurpleNess

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yep I had my first at 40 and was oh so tired for the first trimester, I perked up after about 13 weeks.
Congratulations :-)

#6 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Our 3rd child was born 8 days before my 41st birthday. Tiredness is normal for early stages of pregnancy no matter what your age. And expected when you are running around after 2 other kids! I was very tired but I had 1 year old and a 4 year old to look after... and vomiting.... every day for 9 months. I think I am more tired now though with a 2 year old and 43.

Wish you will with your pregnancy.

#7 natangel

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Congratulations, OP.

I had my 2 children in my forties and felt fatigued throughout the first trimester (more so the second time around as i was looking after a 2 year old), but definitely felt more energised during the second and third trimester.

Overall, my pregnancies were healthy and I enjoyed them.

I wish you all the best with yours.

#8 ~~HappyMummy~~

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Congratulations!  

I'm envious - I'm 40 too, we also have two little ones (plus two older stepkids).  I'd love another but hubby says no :-(

All the best for your new bub!

#9 wallofdodo

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I am 40 and about to give birth to my second. I was really tired till about 23 weeks. I was advised then to include more protein in my diet.  Particularly for breakfast. It really helped.

Good luck OP.

#10 ~ky~

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I was 42 when I gave birth to my last baby and yes, I was definitely more tired this time around. Previous pregnancies, even at age 38, were much easier to cope with and I had so much more energy.

I wish you all the best ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.