Share your routines that work
With your children

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jjbeanz

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Not sure where to put this So hope here is ok!
I'm trying really hard to be organized as I am working almost full time and am finding my weekends are just spent catching up on housework sad.gif I never get around to paper work so it just sits in a box untill I decide to file maybe once a year lol
I am thinking a planner on the wall would be a good start to keep track of what is on each day as I tend to forget when school and sport events are on
Please share anything that helps you and your kids be organized.
Thank you very much x

#2 *LucyE*

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I use the iPhone calendar which syncs automatically with my computer. I can also easily coordinate with DH for important events.

Their extra curricula activities are entered into the phone on a recurring basis with a reminder an hour or so before because I have forgotten them some days. In the morning, there's a calendar reminder for which uniform, instrument, sporting gear etc that is required for the day.

Any notes from school, either get placed in the display folder that lives in my car, or immediately filled out and placed in their homework diary. The display folder has envelopes and a pen so I have all that I need to do basic paperwork in the car (where I spend an inordinate amount of time playing mum taxi). It helps to keep school based paperwork in one place and doesn't get lost in the house clutter. Our school emails newsletters which minimizes paper clutter too. They also have an accounts system for excursion costs etc so I never have to scramble for change.

The iPhone thing works for me because I don't spend much time at home and can easily check the calendar while on the go, to make appointments, dates etc.

Our school also sends out a calendar at the start of the year with all the major dates and events. I spend a little time when I receive it to enter all the dates in my calendar and its done. There was talk about trying to get a computer file or something that parents could just import into their calendars rather than manually inputting. I don't know the details though.

#3 sophiasmum

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

I set up recurring events in the computer but I also have a calendar on the desk with a page for each month & slot excursion notes, bills, reminder slips, invitations into it.

#4 lozoodle

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Re paperwork - I hear you, I was drowning in it. I finally set aside an hour one weekend and DP and I sat down and went through the lot. We bought a decent filing cabinet and got it all sorted.

Now I have it in a tray on the bench during the week, and file it all away every saturday morning. Anything outstanding just gets stuck on the fridge (very sophisticated, I know Tounge1.gif)

Its been a few months and so far so good, I don't have that overwhelming feeling when I look at the paperwork now original.gif

#5 Jjbeanz

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Good ideas original.gif Thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.