2012 Dr Who Christmas Special
Any idea when it airs here?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TopsyTurvy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Been watching the prequel and the trailer online tonight biggrin.gif tthumbs.gif

I have looked but can't find when it airs over here though.

I would love them to air it Christmas Day like they do in the UK, but alas I doubt it would debut here before there Tounge1.gif

So does anyone know please so I can plan my social life around it original.gif

#2 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Usually the week after.  Same delay as normal.

Link to preview?

#3 lactasticmama

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I read on IMDB that it airs Boxing Day, on ABC1 at 7:30pm biggrin.gif

#4 TopsyTurvy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (NapCat @ 11/12/2012, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Usually the week after.  Same delay as normal.

Link to preview?

This has both the prequel and trailer original.gif

http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-2012-chri...requel-snowmen/

#5 HeroOfCanton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

It was Boxing Day last year, I imagine it will be the same this year too. Especially considering how great BBC/ABC were with sharing the episodes that broadcast already this year.

#6 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

wikipedia confirms 26 dec, 730pm

#7 Ireckon

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Not sure, but is anyone else going to the Dr Who orchestra show at the Sydney Opera House form 15 th-21st dec??

We are hoping to get tickets to take the older 2 kids . River Song and Rory' s dad will be there.

#8 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Ireckon @ 11/12/2012, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure, but is anyone else going to the Dr Who orchestra show at the Sydney Opera House form 15 th-21st dec??

We are hoping to get tickets to take the older 2 kids . River Song and Rory' s dad will be there.

I went to the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra does Dr Who.  INCREDIBLE.  The FBI Agent from the Silence series was there.  All the monsters came out, Daleks in the audience.  The countertenor was orgasmically good.

#9 TopsyTurvy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Excellent!!!

Now to devise my plan to rid the household of guests by no later than 6.30pm to give me time to clean, have a shower, get my pj's on a pour a glass of wine! biggrin.gif

#10 Guest_~Songbird~_*

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

You can watch it online on the ABC iview section of their website. They put the last lot of Dr Who episodes on straight after they aired in the UK, eliminating the week long delay on tv.

#11 Ireckon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (NapCat @ 11/12/2012, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra does Dr Who.  INCREDIBLE.  The FBI Agent from the Silence series was there.  All the monsters came out, Daleks in the audience.  The countertenor was orgasmically good.

I am so excited!! We are going on the 19th, taking the old 2 kids. Any other EB folk going to be at the Opera house on this night?

#12 choccy2

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

damn wish I had known they were doing a Sydney one !!

#13 Ireckon

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (choccy2 @ 13/12/2012, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn wish I had known they were doing a Sydney one !!

There are still a few tickets going, 92507777
They are a bit pricey, but hey, it will be a great experience.

#14 Georgie Boy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

We went last night to the Opera House.The show was amazing you will really enjoy it.

#15 Ireckon

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

The kids had trouble sleeping tonight because they were super excited about seeing DW tomorrow night.....I may be just a tad excited too.......

#16 Expelliarmus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Did nobody watch this?!?!?!

Speak with me internet people!

#17 TheCeriseClupea

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

We did Howdo, Did you enjoy it?. I really must get me one of those snowmen for next Christmas for the front yard.

#18 MarthaJones

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

We watched it this morning while DD was still asleep  biggrin.gif .

#19 Expelliarmus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

It was awesomeness in an hour! I liked the new interior although I was confused by the cloud thing. I hated Oswin but I'm loving Clara and can now probably appreciate Oswin if I were to go back and watch it. (As an aside, so glad her name's Clara because Oswin is weird-ish)

I didn't like Sad!Doctor and was much pleased when he began saving the world again biggrin.gif

#20 TopsyTurvy

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

It was fantastic!  Loved every single second, except for having to deal with an over excited toddler who kept getting in my face Tounge1.gif

Even my 20yo niece enjoyed it and she isn't into the Doctor, but we can convert her yet!

I had DS in his '5 little Daleks' t-shirt today in preparation original.gif

I must admit I think Clara will grow on me.  I didn't mind her Oswin character in asylum of the Daleks either though.

It will be very interesting to see where it will go with her and her story line.  I can't wait for the next part of the season to begin biggrin.gif

#21 HeroOfCanton

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I really enjoyed it tonight - I loved Strax, and all the great jokes.

Not sure how I feel about the Ozwin/Clara stuff though, it feels a bit like a cop-out, her being the same person, but different IYKWIM?
I'm sure they'll make it work though, and I do like her character in general, she's sassy and cute - I'm looking forward to where they might take it.
The Doctor seems to attract 'anomalies' in the universe, doesn't he?

It kind of sucks that they keep creating these characters that follow the Doctor, even when he tells them not to, and they go and die, or get hurt and the Doctor blames himself sad.gif
It's not fair, he warned them!

#22 ~Jot~

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Loved it! Best episode I've seen in ages. So glad to see the back of Amy and Rory.

#23 ~iMum~

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm intrigued by the Clara storyline. Can't wait for the rest of the season to air!

I didn't think it was one of the better Christmas specials.

#24 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

you KNOW Moffat planted the seeds of this at some time in the RTD series. I don't know how.  Or when.  But surely there's been a clue.

She's so gosh darned chipper.  I really like her!  Shaping up to be an exciting new series.

#25 Expelliarmus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yeah great ep, but not very Christmassy ... they should have made the Dr more Scrooge like LOL

I agree there's a clue somewhere, there always is ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-Kids_Snow-Queen-Promotion-tile

Win a Fairytale experience

To celebrate the DVD release of The Snow Queen, we are offering one lucky child and their guardian the chance to experience what it would be like to live in an enchanted fairytale.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.