Anyone currently doing the 30DS?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Libertine

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

I've just started the 30 day shred, just did day three of level one!

I'm starting from below zero fitness due to a complicated pregnancy that meant I couldn't exercise at all.

I've got about 6kg of baby weight I'd like to shift but I'm Breastfeeding so I'm not worrying too much about calories - I'm logging on MFP and seem to be eating 1800-2000 cals a day which 'feels' about right to not compromise my milk supply. The only thing im really doing re food is concentrating on making sure I get my calories from real food, not processed crap.

Wow the shred is hard but I can't believe how good I've been feeling afterwards! I'm sore but in a good way :-)

Anyone else shredding at the moment?

#2 amberlee

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi!  This looks really interesting. Just looking online, there seems to be a few 30 Day Shred DVDs available, mostly a blue one and a black one as well- is one a newer edition or better than the others?

Good luck with it!

#3 Libertine

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm not sure. The copy I have looks a bit dated, it's a pic of JM with a turquoise background. But I'd assume that it's the same program just repackaged for marketing purposes?

If you google before/after pics it's pretty impressive (but I think you would also need to be pretty hardcore with your diet to get the most benefit)

#4 theb3an

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

i did the shred back in january.  it was actually a ripped in 30/30ds combo.  

it didn't get me "shredded" but i used it to condition my body for insanity.  that is what got me shredded.

the 30DS is a good program for beginners

#5 rinandmim

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi there,

I completed the 30day shred recently, with great results. I was starting from a base of jogging 3 times a week for 4 months. I had lost a bit of weight (I need to lose about 20kg) with the running.

I did level 1 for 2 days, then went on to level 2. It was fantastic - I don't weigh my self but I lost an entire dress size in the 30 days (I only had 2 days off) and felt amazing I am now continuing with level 2 four times a week and running 3 days a week.

I am going to keep going with this, then work up to other JM DVDs. The 20 minutes is really acheivable each day and in level 2 I am doing things I never thought I would be able to do. Me - walking push ups? Yes, I can do two sets now, starting from not being able to do more than 1 push up at a time 6 weeks ago.

Good luck

#6 Libertine

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Great to hear you can get results with this!

I know what you mean thebsan about it being for beginners but unfortunately that's how I have to class myself just now if I'm being realistic!

I like the fact it's only 20mins. It's easy to fit into your day and its easier to keep going when you know it will be over soon.

What I can't get over is how much better its made me feel already. My energy levels have increased (and are more constant through the day) I'm even feeling much better mentally, more positive.

Losing a dress size would be fantastic!

27 days to go!

#7 Libertine

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Day4 at level 1 done!

DD2 (3.5) did it with me along with a running commentary that included such insights as:
- don't stop mummy, why are you stopping?
- why aren't you going as fast as that lady mummy ?
- you are not doing it right mummy

Love it!

#8 jenjams

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Oh I love Jillian.  I started once upon a time with the 30 day shred and graduated to ripped in 30 and then well the obsession started.  Ended up with most of her DVD's and then onto Bob Harper.  I still love Bob today.
Jillian is a great starting point.  Some people have troubles with their knees and her workouts but I loved it and it kick started my love affair with workout DVD's

#9 Ange

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Another who loves the 30DS! I"ve done the 30 days and now just do a level a day. My favourite is level 3 and DH's is level 2 so we usually do one or the other original.gif

Definitely helped with my fitness and core strength!

#10 rinandmim

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

My 4 year old DS is my personal trainer. He tells me off if I stop - he says Mumma, how will you get to level 3 if you don't try?

#11 Libertine

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Day 5 at level 1 done  biggrin.gif

I'm going to get some proper weights tomorrow (bye bye beans) and am going to start doing knee push up (been doing wall ones up til now....the shame lol)

I'm resisting the temptation to weight myself as I know I won't have made that much difference yet however my thighs are noticeably less wobbly already and I just feel so much better. My energy levels seem to be more constant through the day now too, I'm no longer getting that crash in the arvo.

#12 Academic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I've just started again. I did it about a year ago, got through the first two levels okay but I can't really do the third level (and some moves in the first two but they are easier to adapt) because there are so many where your body weight is on your shoulders, and my left arm can't support my weight due to an injury years ago. So this time around, I might just alternate levels 1 and 2 when I get to 3. It's not ideal because I'm sure I won't be getting the best out of the program.

#13 Ange

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Academic, You never know, by the time you get to level 3 this time, you may be able to do a few of the moves. If not, I think you could keep doing 3 but when you have to plank, perhaps swap it for another strength exercise from level 1 or 2? original.gif

Libertine, Goodluck with the knee push-ups! I've finished the 30DS and I still do knee pushups!

#14 illyandra

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

I did it a couple of months ago and then moved on to Ripped in 30, loved it.

I then went on holidays and couldn't do it, so now i am needing the motivation to get back in to it every day again.

Thanks for the push original.gif

fee

#15 Libertine

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Day 8 of level 1 done!

I missed a day as I thought I was getting the flu but I'm back to it now.

Bad night as DD1 came down with croup so we were all awake for several hours. This, and no breakfast due to the Dr arriving more quickly than expected, made this mornings workout harder than usual and I struggled in several places.

However I did it!

(Btw I'm aware this is a self indulgent thread of little interest to anyone but me lol but it's part of my strategy to keep myself accountable)

#16 Ange

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (illyandra @ 18/12/2012, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did it a couple of months ago and then moved on to Ripped in 30, loved it.

I then went on holidays and couldn't do it, so now i am needing the motivation to get back in to it every day again.

Thanks for the push original.gif

fee

I might try Ripped in 30 next! How did it compare to 30DS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.