What did you get your 6/7 yo DS for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 libbylu

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

DS is 6.5.  Looking for some last minute inspiration for Christmas gifts.
We have spent a bit on Lego and books, but maybe need one more exciting thing to open on the day.
Don't want to know about Nintendos or game systems etc. as he has fortunately shown no interest in those so far.
Any suggestions?

#2 Team Awesome

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hmm bigger things at 6.5yo DS got a bike and as a family a trampoline.
Last year at 7.5 he got a soccer net and a totem tennis and a transformer

This year DS 8.5yo is getting a colour game boy with head phones, how to train your dragon books 2-10. a punching bag as he had fun playing with his Aunt's, and another transformer and power ranger toys and some smithsonian find a dinosaur and find the fools gold sets.

I've noticed some "spy gear" around but Ds has plenty already and we have no where to store it all

I sort of follow the simple kids simple gift giving philosophy for ideas.

Does he have too much "stuff" would an activity present suit?

#3 mibi

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Last year DS at 6.5 was given a star wars light sabre and a remote control car - these weren't the "big present", but I can't remember what was!. This year he and his brother are getting  a slot car track (shared present), a lightsabre night light, a star wars transformer, and a City lego set.

#4 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

I just ordered DS stuff from mad about science.com. He is at this stage where he is fascinated with how things work. I think I have got him enough cars for now.

#5 AnnoyingAnt

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

A relatively cheap digital camera. DS loves making movies and taking pictures.

#6 kristin5

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

My DS is 6 and is getting a mini ipad and clothes from us. From Santa he is getting a Razor scooter, some Paper Jamz musical toys (microphone and drums - last year he got a Paper Jamz guitar and it was a huge hit), and Beyblades.

#7 3hearts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

DS is about to turn 6 this month.
For Christmas he's getting
A lego mine set
Darth vader clock
Remote control helicopter
boogy board
Books
Couple of sets of clothes
His AFL's team shirt that was on sale
For his birthday...Maybe a blow up boat as we will be camping
Student acoustic guitar (from Aldi, not sure how good it will be)
I wanted to get him Coldplay Live on DVD as he loves them but I think there's a bit of swearing in it.?????

Next year I want to get him surfing lessons for Christmas.

Edited by 3hearts, 13 December 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#8 Natttmumm

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I got my niece books and craft stuff, my nephew got A toy where he makes a plane and a hang glider. It's made by Lego.
They are both 6 turning 7. I found them tHe hardest to buy for

#9 livvie7586

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

DS is getting a bike as his main present, plus pokemon stuff, ben 10 stuff and skylanders stuff

#10 Funnington

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

My son is about to turn six and he is Lego mad.  I got him a Lego City airport (on sale for $139 at Toyworld).  I also got him the Hot Wheels Wall Tracks and a 12 cars to go with it.  It was advertised on TV recently and he was 'oooohhh' 'omg'!  

I may get him something else to go with it.  I love spoiling the kids on their birthday's.

#11 mokeydoke

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Our kids are all getting scooters. Australian geographic also has some great toys, experiments and things to do like a volcano making kit or birdhouse making kit.

#12 sleepy1

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

DS1 is 6 in a couple of weeks.
He is getting: lego police station, first ever Nerf gun (it's all he's asking Santa for!), Nat Geographic kids questions/answers book, Doodle drawing book, Art & craft items-A3 drawing paper, variety of textas, pastels etc, Smiggle gift pack plus $30 voucher to choose some school supplies, mini micro race track (on sale @Myer for $30), Wii Virtual tennis game ($15 on sale at Kmart) and a Lego storage head.
He isn't asking for much and said he's happy for Santa to choose, which is sweet but doesn't help me much! rolleyes.gif

#13 mrshappymum

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

My DS is 6 in a couple of months time.

From me he is getting a Portable DVD player with case and headphones, Darth Vader costume, Light Saber, Metal detector (that he has been asking for all year !?!), Lego Lighthouse, Lego watch, Quiltcover, Robofish and a couple of dvd's

My parents are getting him a soccerball and rebound net, binoculars and a Trashies game thing (Scum Drum)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.