Holiday Movies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Just after an opinion for someone who might have seen them.  I've won tickets to either 'Rise of the Guardians' or 'Wreck it Ralph' - would the latter be suitable for a 4 year old girl? I've seen the trailer of Rise of the Guardians, and it looks a bit too dark IMO.

#2 ~*Amethyst*~

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

We saw Rise of the Guardians on Monday with a group of 8-9 year olds & it had one real sad moment & a few dark moments but in the whole it was a great movie.

It may be too scary or sad for a 4 year old.

XxxAmethyst

#3 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I quite liked the look of it myself, but she's not into scary.

Other option is Parental Guidance with Billy Crystal - I'm sure the content would be fine, but not sure how she'd go sitting through a non-animated film.

#4 Lyra

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

if you go to iMDb and search for the movies there is usually a parental guidance section that tells you what kinds of things you might see in the film

But, my gut reaction would be Wreckit Ralph over Guardians. I have a choice to make with my 7 year old and we are going to Wreckit Ralph

#5 ~ky~

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I saw a copy of Wreck it Ralph a friend had downloaded and it is not too bad! The story is nice, the scarier elements are not very scary and it's set amongst a candyland for the most part - what child wouldn't love that!

#6 iwanttosleepin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Saw Rise of the Guardians today with my 4 year old.  there is some scaryish bits....but my 4 year old loved it.  i doubt he understood the story but he could work out who was good and who was bad!

#7 Holidayromp

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

My 10yo is going to see Rise of the Guardians as a end of year school excursion.  It is rated PG and initially I had doubts to as whether it was suitable for even her age until I saw the trailer.
But I doubt whether it would be suitable for a four year old.  However it depends on the child.  You know your 4yo best - if you think it is suitable go but if you are having doubts especially because you have started this thread then maybe it is best seeing another movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.