ACU Melb
Nursing...anyone re nursing I guess

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 newphase

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hey

Just been reading timetabling info online re anatomy and physiology.

Did others have to attended multiple lectures, workhops and pracs for similar unit? From what I am reading there seems to be 3 lectures, a tute, a workshop and a practical unit?? Does this sound right?
I know it is one of the larger units, but that seems excessive, or perhaps I am reading it wrong.

Have emailed and left a message also with the coordinator, and awaiting a reply, but if anyone can shed some light in the meantime that would be good.

TIA original.gif

ETA, found out my answers thru FB! original.gif

Edited by newphase, 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#2 Mianta

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

In my experience, at that uni, that was the exact amount of lectures, tutes and pracs that I did when I was there in 2006. It was heaps but if you miss the lectures, you really do miss out, as they really are a great faculty there and are awesome at making everything make sense. I was a science dummy so I really needed to go blush.gif

#3 Chasing*Rainbows

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I went to their Brisbane campus and that was the same as we had.  Believe me you'll need every one of the lectures to get your head around it. According to one of the science teachers  the anatomy (biology) classes were done over 3 years but they have now condensed it into 1 year but haven't dropped any of the things you need to learn only the depth you need to cover. It's massive and very time consuming just to pass the biology side.

#4 newphase

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the input ladies.

I wont be able to attend all the lectures, I can attend one and the tute and the workshop and practical, but the lectures are Mon, Wed and Frid and I am only going on campus Wed and Thurs, but apparently they are uploaded...I hope so so I can view them at home!! Praying they are as Uni is an hrs train trip and I work FT too so no way I can go in for just one lecture on a Mon and Fri...except on an odd occasion.

#5 Chasing*Rainbows

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (newphase @ 20/12/2012, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the input ladies.

I wont be able to attend all the lectures, I can attend one and the tute and the workshop and practical, but the lectures are Mon, Wed and Frid and I am only going on campus Wed and Thurs, but apparently they are uploaded...I hope so so I can view them at home!! Praying they are as Uni is an hrs train trip and I work FT too so no way I can go in for just one lecture on a Mon and Fri...except on an odd occasion.

I listened to most of mine online after the first few weeks. Sometimes there were delays of up to a week for them to be uploaded which was a pain. One tip, try not to get behind in listening to the lectures. I had to catch up on 3 weeks of lectures due to having an operation mid semester and believe me 18 hours of the lecturers droning on about cells, neurotransmitters and the nervous system almost drove me to tears.

Goodluck.

#6 newphase

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yes, with 1-2 hr lectures, 3 times a week I will have to keep up lol! Thanks original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.